Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Daniel Cormier hopes Frank Mir fight is rescheduled for January Strikeforce show

Print  
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
As it stands now, heavyweight grand prix winner Daniel Cormier isn't a lock for Strikeforce's January card.

Cormier (10-0 MMA, 7-0 SF) was scheduled to headline a since-canceled Nov. 3 Strikeforce event against UFC import Frank Mir (16-6 MMA, 14-6 UFC), and officials said the next event now is slated for January.

Cormier hopes the Mir bout, which will be his final one in Strikeforce before an anticipated move to the UFC, still happens, though.

Mir, of course, was forced off the card due to an injury, according to the organization. Following the subsequent loss of co-headliner and middleweight champion Luke Rockhold, Strikeforce and broadcast partner Showtime canceled the show this past week and instead put the focus on the as-yet-unannounced January card.

"I don't have an opponent," Cormier told AXS TV's "Inside MMA" on Monday. "But with the two-month delay, hopefully Frank Mir is healed up and ready to go. I haven't been told I'm fighting for sure, but if they're promising a stacked card, I'm hoping I'm one of the guys they look at and you put [me] on the card and it becomes a little bit better."

LINK

Post #1   10/16/12 12:18:41PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
You and me both, Cormy

Post #2   10/16/12 1:11:25PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy