Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Stephan Bonner should have called Chris Weidman.

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,775-1,119
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Because for some reason everyone thinks he knows how to beat Silva.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #1   10/15/12 3:30:09PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I think everyone knows how to. Problem is no one today has the tools

Post #2   10/15/12 6:18:01PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Because for some reason everyone thinks he knows how to beat Silva.

Wait and see.

Post #3   10/15/12 8:05:55PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think he's got an excellent shot at beating him. Better than anyone else in the MW division right now.

Post #4   10/15/12 8:50:33PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
And some people actually think Anderson Silva would be able to stop the takedown...

Also the fact that Weidman demolished Munoz who has tried to help Silva with wrestling has to be in Silvas head cause Munoz got handled by Weidman in wrestling and all aspects of the fight...

Weidman is hungry and has massive heart....

I think Weidman is the Jon Jones of the division...If I were an oddsmaker I woudl have it dead even...but I am glad so many think Silva is the greatest and cant lose....I plan on making some real money that night...

Last edited 10/15/12 9:06PM server time by kingsmasher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   10/15/12 9:03:11PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,205-781
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

And some people actually think Anderson Silva would be able to stop the takedown...

Also the fact that Weidman demolished Munoz who has tried to help Silva with wrestling has to be in Silvas head cause Munoz got handled by Weidman in wrestling and all aspects of the fight...

Weidman is hungry and has massive heart....

I think Weidman is the Jon Jones of the division...If I were an oddsmaker I woudl have it dead even...but I am glad so many think Silva is the greatest and cant lose....I plan on making some real money that night...

I agree with this post

Andersons flaw that has ALWAYS been there is inability to stop the takedown.

He just hasn't fought enough wrestlers for some people to realize that.

Lutter got him down
Chael owned on the ground.
Hendo I can't recall if he did. But he I would leave off the list of wrestlers because he rarely uses it.
Marquardt
Okami. The problem I have with Okami is I just plain don't think he's as good as everyone makes him out to be

Post #6   10/15/12 10:23:11PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Chips:
Whats it matter with the first three.....yeah they got Silva down but they never threatened him after they got him down.....in fact taking him down was their demise. Nate couldnt keep down. I will put an av, real money and my first born on Silva spanking Weidmann like a red headed step child.

Post #7   10/15/12 10:36:16PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,775-1,119
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Sonnen took silva down for 6 rounds. And lost twice. Luter took Silva down and lost.
Hendo took Silva down and lost.
Marquart took Silva down and lost.

Sounds like a great plan.

Weidmans chin WILL be tested.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #8   10/15/12 10:51:11PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
Yall might be missing my point.

Silva hasn't fought enough wrestlers to prove he's capable of stopping the takedown.

Lutter had him in trouble.

Chael definitely had him in trouble.

Out of 16 or whatever fights only a 4 were against fighters who base their strategy with wrestling.

Post #9   10/15/12 11:03:00PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Chips:
In that case only Hendo and Sonnen are actually wrestlers.....Lutter, Maia, Lietes, Marquardt....all have bases in BJJ. I really believe there aren't any wrestlers who are going to be able to hold Silva down if the blanketing effects of Sonnen weren't able to accomplish a victory. Weidman is NOT a better wrestler than Sonnen/Hendo, his striking isn't better than Marquardt/Forrest, nor is his Jitz better that Lutter/Maia/Lietes. Where does and how does he win?!

Post #10   10/16/12 1:20:48AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

In that case only Hendo and Sonnen are actually wrestlers.....Lutter, Maia, Lietes, Marquardt....all have bases in BJJ. I really believe there aren't any wrestlers who are going to be able to hold Silva down if the blanketing effects of Sonnen weren't able to accomplish a victory. Weidman is NOT a better wrestler than Sonnen/Hendo, his striking isn't better than Marquardt/Forrest, nor is his Jitz better that Lutter/Maia/Lietes. Where does and how does he win?!

His BJJ is top notch....his reach is a couple inches longer than Bonners.....If Weidman gets Silva in a position like Bonnar did Silva will be eating punches on his back and Elbows....

Weidman is a student of the game...and yeah hes just a good of a wrestler as Hendo and Sonnen easily...

I will av bet...I think Silva avoids Weidman at all costs...

Post #11   10/16/12 2:44:06AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Silva hasn't fought enough wrestlers to prove he's capable of stopping the takedown.

Out of 16 or whatever fights only a 4 were against fighters who base their strategy with wrestling.

Lets be honest no one has ever had Anderson in "Trouble" Chale held him down for 4 1/2 rds and caused no damage. Then he went to bed. Type as many words as you guys want fact is until someone beats him you are all wrong. Your statements are misinformed and he is still P$P the best. Honestly GSP is the the only guy with the tools to beat him but he might not have the size. Jones might as well but size would play into that fight as well.

Post #12   10/16/12 10:52:28AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by george112

Lets be honest no one has ever had Anderson in "Trouble" Chale held him down for 4 1/2 rds and caused no damage. Then he went to bed. Type as many words as you guys want fact is until someone beats him you are all wrong. Your statements are misinformed and he is still P$P the best. Honestly GSP is the the only guy with the tools to beat him but he might not have the size. Jones might as well but size would play into that fight as well.

Ask Anderson how that flying heel hook felt when he tapped to RYO CHONAN.

If you don't think Chael would have one that fight had it gone to a decision then I'm calling you a liar. That was trouble for Anderson.

If you don't think Lutter had Anderson in a dangerous position then I'm calling you a liar again. Lutter is a world class bjj practitioner and if he's got a dominant position on the ground I'd call it trouble for anyone.

Also if you think that GSP only has the tools to beat Silva I would say that statement is misinformed. And you might be right about the size when it comes to Jon Jones but it wouldnt be in Andersons favor. Not only would Jones' reach demolish Silva his speed and pure power would easily IMO get him the fight. Jon is a damn good wrestler coupled with damn good standup. Anderson is a counter puncher and always has been. He baited Bonnar into his game plan and countered his way to a victory . Nothing wrong with that but that won't work against Jones IMO

Last edited 10/16/12 11:18AM server time by george112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   10/16/12 11:11:30AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by postman

Posted by george112

Ask Anderson how that flying heel hook felt when he tapped to RYO CHONAN.

If you don't think Chael would have one that fight had it gone to a decision then I'm calling you a liar. That was trouble for Anderson.

If you don't think Lutter had Anderson in a dangerous position then I'm calling you a liar again. Lutter is a world class bjj practitioner and if he's got a dominant position on the ground I'd call it trouble for anyone.

Also if you think that GSP only has the tools to beat Silva I would say that statement is misinformed. And you might be right about the size when it comes to Jon Jones but it wouldnt be in Andersons favor. Not only would Jones' reach demolish Silva his speed and pure power would easily IMO get him the fight. Jon is a damn good wrestler coupled with damn good standup. Anderson is a counter puncher and always has been. He baited Bonnar into his game plan and countered his way to a victory . Nothing wrong with that but that won't work against Jones IMO

LOL I ment in the UFC but yeah I should have said its been a long time since anyone had him in trouble. Sure Chael had a UD in the bag but he didn't finish the fight so it was all for not. It was an injuried Silva anyways. The second fight put that entire conversation to bed. He subbed Lutter from his back so again you might want to call that "Trouble" I'm not willing to. Thats what I ment Anderson would be giving up a ton of size if he fought jones. P4P Anderson is far and away the better fighter between the two. P4P GSP is the only one who is even close to Anderson.

Post #14   10/16/12 1:59:01PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
Weidman will not beat Silva. The guy has one good showing against Munoz and all of a sudden he's a world beater with the tools to beat the GOAT, undefeated for years and never defeated in UFC

Post #15   10/17/12 2:40:42PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2