Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers)

Print  
  Page 15 of 21   <<   12     13     14     15     16     17     18   >>
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,655-1,453
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I liked the episode except for Super Fun Bonding Hour with Carl and Michonne. You both lost family, we get it.

The other stuff was cool though. It was intense when Rick was sneaking around the house, strangles the poor guy taking a poop. Be interesting to see how this scientist thing plays out with Abraham and whether he really can develop a cure or something. He sure as hell shoots like he is a real scientist.

Post #211   2/25/14 12:36:38PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
That guy wasn't pooping. Pretty sure he was rubbing one out, as his pants were up and was sitting on the toilet seat.

Also, I was kind of mad Michonne didn't take the gun that lady offed herself and her girls with. I know it was emotional, but dudes have like four bullets between them at this point.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #212   2/25/14 2:19:46PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
I've been thinking about with this scientist guy, and I'm pretty sure he's going to turn out to be a fraud.

My favorite part of the survival horror/post-apocalyptic genre is the concept of instant change, where everything is flipped on its head. Suddenly a kitchen knife is worth more than diamonds; clean water worth more than fine wine; folks with archaic skills worth more modern skills.

It's a concept that hasn't been explored yet and this would be a cool way of exploring that kind of desperation and juxtaposition. They already pointed out Michonne was valuable because she learned to use a sword before shit hit the fan, but what about the flipside of that equation?

I'm thinking the Scientist is going to be a systems analyst/software engineer/hacker that finds his life skills reduced to worthlessness overnight, and he hooks up with this military dude with a bullshit story. Military dude already made it clear he was looking for useful people, which is why he stopped the truck while Glen and Teresa were killing walkers.

Not sure if this will come out when they get to some destination, or if someone will die protecting him and he'll spill the beans, or he himself will confess on his deathbed, but either way I think he'll turn out to be no scientist at all.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #213   2/26/14 1:08:00PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 39-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,604-1,008
Chips:
Weak episode. Rick having to escape some rough dudes was awesome but I don't like how Michone is a big softy now. She's a completely different character then last season. Always spilling her emo guts to stupid ass Carl.
& I don't really give a shit about these new people. What's up with GI Jane & her belly top? Was she stripper before this zombie shit? & that dude cannot be a scientist with a mullet like that! Looks like Mike Pyles cousin or something!
Next weeks episode should be legit with Darrel merking mad walkers BUT if that blonde girl cries one more fuckin time iama shoot myself with a crossbow

Post #214   2/27/14 9:32:08AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Chips:
Holy fuck this show is getting boring again. I miss Game of Thrones.

And another thing, Beth and Daryl slammin moonshine like its coca cola and we're supposed to believe this is her first time drinking? She'd be pukin her brains out

Writers clearly didn't do their research.

Post #215   3/8/14 10:32:13AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
First time I drank moonshine, I was so hammered I couldn't even sit on the ground. And I'm 230lbs.

Really liked tonight's episode. Just when you think things are coming together, people end up getting pulled apart. Very interested to see what happens with Daryl and what this Terminus place is. Assuming it's a train station, given all the intersecting routes, and Terminus could just be a play on Terminal.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #216   3/10/14 12:46:46AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,926-1,070
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Holy fuck this show is getting boring again.

These episodes are acting as a set-up to move further into the storyline while also adding character depth to the group. The weight of the season rests on the strength of the final outcome. The thing is if it ends up being a weak finale then it will all have felt in vein. But I believe in the writers and I don't think they would waste all this time on build-up just to let us down.

Last edited 3/10/14 3:57PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #217   3/10/14 3:57:14PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Chips:
I feel like they could condense all the character development though. Its too much.

I did enjoy last night's episode more. Seems like everyones headed for Terminus now so we'll hopefully see it soon. Also be interesting to see where Daryl goes from here and who took Beth?!

Post #218   3/10/14 7:37:26PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:919-578
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Really liked tonight's episode. Just when you think things are coming together, people end up getting pulled apart. Very interested to see what happens with Daryl and what this Terminus place is. Assuming it's a train station, given all the intersecting routes, and Terminus could just be a play on Terminal.

The city of Atlanta originated as a train terminal of sorts and it's original name was Terminus. I agree with you tho

Last edited 3/11/14 1:33AM server time by jakewalters

Post #219   3/11/14 1:33:35AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,417-1,350
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Svartorm

The city of Atlanta originated as a train terminal of sorts and it's original name was Terminus. I agree with you tho

It was called Terminus because it was the end of the rail line at the time.

I avoided this thread entirely until I could get caught up because I remembered in previous seasons that those who have read the comics are always dropping spoilers or hints of things to come.

I found the same thing any time Game of Thrones comes up in discussion, those that read the Books can't help but spoil whats to come.

There really should be a no comics talk rule in the thread and a separate thread for them to discuss them with those that don't mind the spoilers.

So far this season has been the best since the 1st season although I don't think any single episode has lived up to the fantastic 1st episode of the series.

Post #220   3/15/14 1:20:12AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,355-1,244
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Svartorm

It was called Terminus because it was the end of the rail line at the time.

I avoided this thread entirely until I could get caught up because I remembered in previous seasons that those who have read the comics are always dropping spoilers or hints of things to come.

I found the same thing any time Game of Thrones comes up in discussion, those that read the Books can't help but spoil whats to come.

There really should be a no comics talk rule in the thread and a separate thread for them to discuss them with those that don't mind the spoilers.

So far this season has been the best since the 1st season although I don't think any single episode has lived up to the fantastic 1st episode of the series.

Agreed.

I love the character development.

Last edited 3/15/14 10:41AM server time by emfleek

Post #221   3/15/14 10:40:42AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,627-1,504
Chips:
Holy shit! Crazy ass episode...

Post #222   3/16/14 10:10:01PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,926-1,070
Chips:
I just read that in the comics it was two twin boys with the group and one turned out to be a psychopath and slaughters his brother. The group locks him in a van until they can decide what to do with him and Carl ends up sneaking to van that night and executes him to keep the group safe.

Post #223   3/16/14 10:22:07PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,325-1,245
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Holy shit! Crazy ass episode...

I don't have too many moments of, wtf just happened, when I watch shows, but tonight was definitely one of them.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #224   3/16/14 10:25:00PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
That shit was crazy! One of the best episodes the shows ever had.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #225   3/16/14 10:37:29PM   

Page 15 of 21   <<   12     13     14     15     16     17     18   >>