Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers)

Print  
  Page 14 of 18   <<   11     12     13     14     15     16     17   >>
Posted By Message

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Katana don't dull because of how they're made, but they do rust like crazy if you don't take care of them, which I'm assuming they don't. I'm wondering is she's eventually going to find the new Gerber Walking Dead Katana (tm) and throw her old one right into a trash can, and then talk about it for fifteen minutes.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #196   2/14/14 12:49:10PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Yeah, I like the stuff on the road better. Much easier to throw curveballs that way and have cool scenery, etc. I liked the prison, but once post-apocalyptic things go that route, it basically ends up as medieval city-state vs city-state stuff.

This was my thought during the break too. I'm sure we're going to have a few episodes of catching up, but the number of things that can happen on the road are endless and make for a show with a lot more twists and turns and should lead to an exciting season once it gets rolling.

Post #197   2/14/14 2:37:02PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:804-509
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Katana don't dull because of how they're made, but they do rust like crazy if you don't take care of them, which I'm assuming they don't. I'm wondering is she's eventually going to find the new Gerber Walking Dead Katana (tm) and throw her old one right into a trash can, and then talk about it for fifteen minutes.

LINK

Looks like they're a step ahead of you lol

Post #198   2/14/14 5:48:41PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,225-1,198
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Just caught last weeks episode and the new one tonight. I'm also not a big fan or Carl, but last weeks episode with him was good.

I also enjoyed this weeks episode. I like how they are focusing on each group and following their journeys. Not sure what to think of the episode next week, with the new group of "bad" guys. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #199   2/16/14 10:47:34PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Svartorm

LINK

Looks like they're a step ahead of you lol

Can't blame them. Get every dollar you can out of this thing!

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #200   2/17/14 3:14:47PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,399
Chips:
Enjoyed this weeks episode a lot more! Much more action and a lot more questions answered....Carol....Judith...Glen...and lets not forget creepy demon child who strangles babies and butchers rabbits

Post #201   2/17/14 4:53:02PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:804-509
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Enjoyed this weeks episode a lot more! Much more action and a lot more questions answered....Carol....Judith...Glen...and lets not forget creepy demon child who strangles babies and butchers rabbits

right?! dafuq was that all about?

Post #202   2/18/14 1:56:57AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Franklinfan47

right?! dafuq was that all about?

The popular theory is she's the one whose been running around the prison feeding the zombies and dissecting rats. Sure seems that way. There's also a theory going around that she was the one who actually killed the two sick people (can't remember their names) and Carol just burned the bodies to cover up the evidence and took the blame. The girl is showing the early signs of a sociopath.

Post #203   2/19/14 10:55:38PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
That's a good theory, although the scene where Carol explains her rationale seemed pretty legit. I will argue they screwed up that scene with feeding the walkers if that is the case. The person was clearly face level with them, holding the flashlight next to their head, but she's significantly shorter.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #204   2/20/14 3:17:55PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Chips:
Two things stuck out to me this episode.

1) Eugene - Abraham said he was a scientist but I doubt it. I get the feeling he's keeping something from his group.

2) The old man's whistle - When Rick was sneaking around the porch it felt like they focused on the man's whistling. Not sure what that was about but I have a feeling we will see them again in the future.

Post #205   2/24/14 1:36:57AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Two things stuck out to me this episode.

1) Eugene - Abraham said he was a scientist but I doubt it. I get the feeling he's keeping something from his group.

2) The old man's whistle - When Rick was sneaking around the porch it felt like they focused on the man's whistling. Not sure what that was about but I have a feeling we will see them again in the future.

The smirk Eugene gave said it all, that guy clearly is going to turn out to be a douche. Plus, as a rule you should never put stock in a guy claiming to be a scientist when he has a mullet. Abraham, on the other hand, looks to me like he's going to be someone I root for to live. Nice GF too.

Things have picked up over the last 2 weeks, but I noticed in the preview for next week's episode that they showed Beth narrating again and that's getting old real fucking fast. Especially when she says words that end in -ing and lays it on overly thick in making it sound like -in'. I know it's nitpicky, but it annoys the shit outta me. I'm thinking she can die without me caring at all.

Last edited 2/24/14 7:59AM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #206   2/24/14 7:57:33AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Yeah, I suspect the scientist is a fraud and just saying he knows what's up to stay alive. Be interesting to see how that plays out. This sanctuary thing everyone is going to sounds cool, although the fact its called "Terminus" is a bit sketchy. That's like moving to somewhere called "Murderland".

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #207   2/24/14 10:21:36AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:
I didn't like the actor playing the scientist. He moved around like a robot. Maybe if he turned out to be a robot scientist, that would be sweet.

I believe when I took a vacation to upstate NY, there was a country road named Murder rd. It was actually a pleasant road to drive on.

Last edited 2/24/14 11:01AM server time by kopower
Edit note/reason: na

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #208   2/24/14 10:56:55AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
The scientist walk was the thing I thought they nailed. I read somewhere that highly intelligent people don't move their arms when they walk for whatever reason.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #209   2/24/14 11:15:41AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:
Hmm. Maybe he is a legit scientist then.

Post #210   2/24/14 12:04:20PM   

Page 14 of 18   <<   11     12     13     14     15     16     17   >>