Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers)

Print  
  Page 12 of 18   <<   9     10     11     12     13     14     15   >>
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I predicted the deaths
Right off the comic about judith as well
As well as governer dying in the process of the raid

I thought maybe the producers wouldn't kill him off
Surprised tyrese and others made it.

Best episode ever !!!!

Fuck gotta wait till Feb now. Dam

Post #166   12/2/13 1:04:45AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I predicted the deaths

Best episode ever !!!!

How exactly did you "predict" anything? You say the episode followed the comics, which you have gone out of your way to make sure we know you read. Please be careful about discussing the comics, I know this is a spoiler thread but it is for the show, not the comics which I'm sure the majority of us haven't read yet. You haven't spoiled anything yet but I'd hate to see it happen.

My thoughts on the episode:

I still think season three is the strongest season yet, but season four is starting to gain some traction with me, hopefully the show carries the momentum from this episode through the second half.

I was shitting bricks when I thought Rick was about to die, and then dropped said brick when Michonne killed the Governor, I was expecting the cliff hanger to be a shot of Rick losing consciousness and making us wonder his fate until February.

Either way, the mid season finale worked, can't wait till Feb.

Post #167   12/2/13 2:47:52AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

I predicted the deaths

Best episode ever !!!!

How exactly did you "predict" anything? You say the episode followed the comics, which you have gone out of your way to make sure we know you read. Please be careful about discussing the comics, I know this is a spoiler thread but it is for the show, not the comics which I'm sure the majority of us haven't read yet. You haven't spoiled anything yet but I'd hate to see it happen.

I know for a fact the mods have talked with you about this as well Prozac. You gotta lay off with bringing up the comics because it's a spoiler for something that hasn't happened yet. We like to speculate, not be told how it plays out ahead of time.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #168   12/2/13 10:49:12AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Totally crazy stuff!

Looks like it'll be groups of survivors trying to link up for a bit. The bus, Tyrese and the girls, Medic, Tyrese sister, etc and Rick and Carl.

I'm pretty sure Judith is fine. The baby carrier had a blood smear in it like someone who had been shot had picked her up, as a walker isn't going to grab her and run away. I'm guessing it's Lily as she was in the area and blood covered herself. Her and her sister will probably join up with the team somewhere with the baby as a kind of peace offering.

Interesting to see where everyone ends up, as I have no clue what direction this is going now.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #169   12/2/13 10:57:18AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,232-1,201
Chips:
Now that's how you do a finale, mid season or season. I'm glad the governor got what he had coming to him. All, it was sweet seeing those little girls blast away the two people trying to kill Tyreese.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #170   12/2/13 12:00:14PM   

FastKnockout

----PAPERBOY----

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,681-939
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Now that's how you do a finale, mid season or season. I'm glad the governor got what he had coming to him. All, it was sweet seeing those little girls blast away the two people trying to kill Tyreese.

I'm not sure what to think about Lizzie just yet. She has a weird obsession with the walkers and I think she's the one running around dissecting rats and feeding the walkers. She might be a problem down the line.

Post #171   12/2/13 12:59:14PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Chips:
I have not spoiled anything from it

I could if you want me too.

I could have said what was gonna happen before the episode hit.

Just saying it was similar in some ways.

Post #172   12/2/13 2:12:23PM   

JLS1980

Jinh Yu

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,183-631
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Is it just me or did it feel like they rushed the governor's death? I wasn't expecting him to die this episode and it felt rushed.

And what do you guys think about Judith? Dead? They didn't show her in the memoriam on the Talking Dead so I'm not sure.

They make it seem really obvious that Judith is dead. That's part of the reason I think some how, some way she's still alive.
I'd have to rewatch the last scene at the prison and see where all of the characters where. But I think someone with blood on their hands ran off with here onto the bus. And the blood on whoever that grabbed her made it appear that it was Judith's and it really wasn't.? If I remember correctly the last time we saw the bus it was driving away.

Also Carol has to pop up somewhere in the next part of this season.

Very unlikely scenario but maybe somehow Carol saved Judith during the commotion. She'll later reunite with Rick, Carl etc. Very unlikely, just trying to think outside the box on this one.

Post #173   12/2/13 3:14:03PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

You've been giving away spoilers since this thread started, such as telling everyone the Governor was going to be on the show and they were going to live in a prison way back before that season even started. I've even had mods remove a couple of posts because you gave away the next episode before it happened. It's completely unnecessary and more than a few people have mentioned it to myself and others.

I understand you read the comics and there are parallels, but we don't want to know what's coming up. If you want to start a thread and talk shop with folks who have read and watch the show, I think that would be a better place for it, but not here.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #174   12/3/13 11:48:38AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:745-533
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Great episode. Hershel dying was sweet. Cracking a smile right before he got slashed. Knowing he finally taught Rick something.

Michonne not giving the Governor the satisfaction of death was pretty sweet as well. The Governor needed to die to keep the show rolling.

My guess for the next half is Rick and Carl get 2 episodes. It was probably my favorite run in the comic so I hope they pull it off. Everyone else gets 1 and then we see them all meet up again in the last episode or so? Idk but it seems we are getting character based episodes.

Post #175   12/3/13 12:21:39PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,498-1,432
Chips:
There probably should be a thread for people who have read the comics to talk shop[ as well.

I just watched the episode and holy shit was it good. Hated seeing Herschel go as much as I hated seeing Dale die, but that's the way it goes in the apocalypse. It's impossible to guess a lot of what happens next at this point, and I think that's a great way to leave it hanging. This is going to be a long couple months(ish).

Post #176   12/3/13 5:07:44PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,568-1,403
Chips:

Have you considered the fact that none of us give a shit if you have read the comics or not? You don't need to mention it in every post man. We're here to discuss the show.

As for the episode, crazy intense! I really enjoyed it.

-I think someone who was bloodied put Judith on the bus or something. I don't think she's dead.

-Hershel's death did his character justice. At least he was happy the moment before he went. Same for Governor, I was satisfied to finally see him get gutted the way he did. It had to be Michonne who did it.

-Daryl is bad ass. Way to take down the tank.

-It'll be interesting to see how the second half plays out in Feb. Everyones separated and confused, who knows who will find each other. Cant wait!

Post #177   12/3/13 7:14:53PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,002-1,241
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

I know for a fact the mods have talked with you about this as well Prozac. You gotta lay off with bringing up the comics because it's a spoiler for something that hasn't happened yet. We like to speculate, not be told how it plays out ahead of time.

Post #178   12/3/13 10:51:27PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

-Daryl is bad ass. Way to take down the tank.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #179   12/3/13 11:43:24PM   

JLS1980

Jinh Yu

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,183-631
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

-I think someone who was bloodied put Judith on the bus or something. I don't think she's dead.

I say the same. Another reason I think she is still alive is because at the end of the show they were showing the names of all the characters that died in that final episode and Judith wasn't on that list.
They even named off some of the Governor's crew that didn't play a huge role throughout the series. Judith's character played a more significant role throughout the entire series and if she died I would strongly think that she would have been far more worthy of being on that obituary list.

Post #180   12/4/13 4:55:48AM   

Page 12 of 18   <<   9     10     11     12     13     14     15   >>