Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White Wants Glover Teixeira to Fight a ‘Top Guy’ Before Considering a UFC Title Shot

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:
no i was not talking when he was tired thanks though.

Glover is a beast hope he makes it

Post #16   10/14/12 5:16:07PM   

Tyzzler

MMA Regular

Tyzzler Avatar

Career:291-233
Chips:
I think I speak for most ppl when I say that I want to see him fight Rashid Evans, barely dodged Bautista but he sounds tough!

EDIT: Since sarcasm doesn't translate worth a shit online, & before I get flamed for that post I'll just come out and blatantly say, "THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS 100%...NOT SARCASTIC, THAT SHIT'S TRUE!

Last edited 10/14/12 5:51PM server time by tyzzler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   10/14/12 5:48:40PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
rashad even would be a great fight for glover. if he was to beat rashad especially if he KO's him, there should be a title involved with the following fight. i know its a bad idea to fast track guys into title shots, but now that jones has just about cleared his division, i for one am looking to see him fight new faces. after the hendo fight there aint really anybody left.

Post #18   10/14/12 5:58:56PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,174-1,480
Chips:

Posted by tmas

his chin is a little suspect that may be his one weakness a fast guy could hit him enough times before he can react.

His chin isn't a little suspect as you say. Fabio Maldonado has serious boxing skills which means he hits WAY HARDER than most guys in MMA. Most MMA fighters don't have proper boxing skills. They don't know how to generate real power in their punches...Maldonado knows how to generate real power. The punch he threw that SLIGHTLY stunned Teixeira was a serious punch. Most MMA guys don't know how to hit that hard. That punch that slightly stunned Teixeira would have knocked most MMA fighters out cold. Most MMA fighters throw arm punches...they aren't generating real power which comes from their hips turning, foot pivoting and proper snap etc etc. Most MMA fighters have piss poor boxing. Maldonado hits REAL hard...and that comes from proper technique. Teixeira's chin is fine. I will add this though...if Teixeira wants to get up to the top tier he will need to get away from John Hackleman's camp. I see that camp as being outdated as they haven't evolved much. I think that was one of Liddell's issues....the game progressed way past him and I feel that was because of that camp. I would like to see Teixeira go on to a better camp....and I feel if he wants to get to the top...he will need to.

Post #19   10/14/12 6:29:17PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,370-793
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by tmas

his chin is a little suspect that may be his one weakness a fast guy could hit him enough times before he can react.

His chin isn't a little suspect as you say. Fabio Maldonado has serious boxing skills which means he hits WAY HARDER than most guys in MMA. Most MMA fighters don't have proper boxing skills. They don't know how to generate real power in their punches...Maldonado knows how to generate real power. The punch he threw that SLIGHTLY stunned Teixeira was a serious punch. Most MMA guys don't know how to hit that hard. That punch that slightly stunned Teixeira would have knocked most MMA fighters out cold. Most MMA fighters throw arm punches...they aren't generating real power which comes from their hips turning, foot pivoting and proper snap etc etc. Most MMA fighters have piss poor boxing. Maldonado hits REAL hard...and that comes from proper technique. Teixeira's chin is fine. I will add this though...if Teixeira wants to get up to the top tier he will need to get away from John Hackleman's camp. I see that camp as being outdated as they haven't evolved much. I think that was one of Liddell's issues....the game progressed way past him and I feel that was because of that camp. I would like to see Teixeira go on to a better camp....and I feel if he wants to get to the top...he will need to.

Yeah, it was odd seeing Hackelman on a PPV, I think these guys are a great starting camp, the type of camps that creates warriors, but Glover is kind of predictable and that will eventually be his undoing. You can't win with blunt force every single time and that's just the fight game, and that's why we now have GSP, Silva, it's the reality.

Post #20   10/14/12 7:58:00PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by tmas

Chuck's chin passed him up. He practically invented the sprawl and brawl concept still used today. It's just hard to keep winning when your chin goes out. But MO Hackleman is still one of the best coaches around. It's just that his guys won't be mistaken for fighters from gyms like Jackson's.

Last edited 10/14/12 8:21PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   10/14/12 8:15:54PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by tmas

Chuck's chin passed him up. He practically invented the sprawl and brawl concept still used today. It's just hard to keep winning when your chin goes out. But MO Hackleman is still one of the best coaches around. It's just that his guys won't be mistaken for fighters from gyms like Jackson's.

Look at Buenellos... Pits not elite anymore.

Post #22   10/14/12 10:53:51PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by tmas

Look at Buenellos... Pits not elite anymore.

You're kidding, right? You don't think Jackson's or any of the other camps have medicore fighters? All gyms do. Can't hate on The Pit for being loyal and keeping guys around.

Post #23   10/14/12 11:28:52PM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,716-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The guy had trouble with Fabio Maldonado, and we're talking about a title shot? This strikes me as ridiculous.

Post #24   10/15/12 6:05:45AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by Manak

via twitter rampage asked dana and dana said he will try to set it up

Of course he did, now he has seen Glover wobbled.

Post #25   10/15/12 7:28:08AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:
I think Glover Teixeira is proof enough that The Pit is still an elite camp. Glover not only has great stand up skills, he also has great wrestling and great grappling.

Chuck Liddell didn't fade away because his skills weren't up to the task. Chuck was an aging fighter who had been in a lot of wars (and lets face it, he liked to party.) I think that a 28 year old Chuck Liddell could still beat 98-100% of the UFC LHWs today.

If you can't take a guy down and you can't stand up with him with out getting knocked out, what are you going to do?

Post #26   10/15/12 9:18:48AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

rashad even would be a great fight for glover. if he was to beat rashad especially if he KO's him, there should be a title involved with the following fight. i know its a bad idea to fast track guys into title shots, but now that jones has just about cleared his division, i for one am looking to see him fight new faces. after the hendo fight there aint really anybody left.

I agree. Rashad would be a good test for him.

Glover is extremely aggressive and powerful standing and that could give Rashad problems. On the other hand, Rashad is one of the most elite wrestlers in the sport and he's a smart fighter. Rashad might be able to avoid the dangerous exchanges standing and work Glover with takedowns. Despite the announcers telling us how good Glover's conditioning is, we saw that he can get tired. Nothing makes you tired faster than fighting of takedowns and trying to get back to your feet.

Post #27   10/15/12 9:21:45AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by tcunningham

I agree. Rashad would be a good test for him.

Glover is extremely aggressive and powerful standing and that could give Rashad problems. On the other hand, Rashad is one of the most elite wrestlers in the sport and he's a smart fighter. Rashad might be able to avoid the dangerous exchanges standing and work Glover with takedowns. Despite the announcers telling us how good Glover's conditioning is, we saw that he can get tired. Nothing makes you tired faster than fighting of takedowns and trying to get back to your feet.

Basically Rashad double legs GLover the whole fight...Not even close....

Lets rememeber...Chuck basically fought Couture the only good wrestler then...but Couture really would just dirty box....

The wrestlers today Chuck would have a difficult time with...

Post #28   10/15/12 10:32:29PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Lets rememeber...Chuck basically fought Couture the only good wrestler then...but Couture really would just dirty box....

The wrestlers today Chuck would have a difficult time with...

I think there are a few guys who might agree with your first statement. Namely, Tito Ortiz (x2) and Kevin Randleman. He also fought Rashad but wrestling didn't play a factor in that fight so maybe that's why you left it out. He also fought a lot of great grapplers who aren't wrestlers like Sobral and Monson.

It's easy to forget but Tito was a DOMINANT and EXPLOSIVE wrestler back in the day. As was Kevin Randleman (he ragdolled Fedor.)

Post #29   10/16/12 9:40:48AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Bythar

The guy had trouble with Fabio Maldonado, and we're talking about a title shot? This strikes me as ridiculous.

that "trouble" was because he let his guard down, Silva and Diaz style, and ate a clean punch. Aside this, Maldonado didn't offer anything significant in return

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #30   10/16/12 9:50:22AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2