Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matchmaker Joe Silva explains why he released DaMarques Johnson from UFC

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I don't feel that bad about the weight cutting issue as I am not an elite athlete and I cut from 226 down to 204 in only 36 hours last week. I dont spend 6 hours a day in a gyme excercising and training on how to whoop a guys ass and I havent been on a wrestling squad with coaches etc in years. Weight needs to never be an issue for professional athletes unless they are suffering from a lower body injury. If they are then they shouldnt accept the match to begin with.
On the flip side if he had made weight then the fact that he stepped up the way he did should have gotten him a pass on the loss, but another notch down in the rankings could not be avoided.

I'd love to know: what you cut 22 lbs for, how much recovery time post weigh-in you had, and how you felt physically while performing?

The most I ever cut was roughly the same amount of weight you cut in roughly the same amount of time, I felt awful and gassed out in about 5 minutes. After that I never shed more than 15lbs within 24 hours of weighing in

Post #16   10/13/12 12:11:27AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2