Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Fitch will beat Erick Silva and I will bet my Av on it!

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Theoutlaw08

No way is he the second best WW. I wont do the bet, because I think the 9th best WW (Fitch) is better than the 20th (Silva).

9th best WW? 13-2-1 (should be 14-2) is not the record of a #9 fighter

Preach on, brother!! Fitch is without doubt top 5. Arguably second or at a push third.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #16   10/11/12 4:33:04PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Theoutlaw08

No way is he the second best WW. I wont do the bet, because I think the 9th best WW (Fitch) is better than the 20th (Silva).

Pulled it from the latest ranking i saw. Ive seen him anywhere from 6 to 10, so I'd say 9 isnt even that bad. Last two fights, draw, Loss, I'd say i ranked him pretty good. Maybe he should have been 14-2, but the Packers should have beat the Seahawks, judges make mistakes, it is what it is. I have him at 9.

Last edited 10/11/12 4:39PM server time by Theoutlaw08
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #17   10/11/12 4:34:45PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Pulled it from the latest ranking i saw. Ive seen him anywhere from 6 to 10, so I'd say 9 isnt even that bad. Last two fights, draw, Loss, I'd say i ranked him pretty good. Maybe he should have been 14-2, but the Packers should have beat the Seahawks, judges make mistakes, it is what it is. I have him at 9.

Rankings in the past have had Shields ranked as high as 2nd in both the MW and WW devisions. They also had Dan Hardy ranked 2nd just before his title fight. Did you agree with them then?
Also most rankings have guys like Condit, Diaz and Kos above him. And they aren't.

I'd liken this situation to a series of event that happened to my friend in his work a few years ago. He was an average employee, kept his head down, didn't ruffle to many feathers and did just enough work to slip by without being picked up for laziness. Then the 3 guys above him who actually worked hard and tried left for better jobs. His department was disbanded and he was moved into another section of the company he worked in.

So the moral of this story is Jon Fitch is without doubt a top 5 guy. You can't argue with science.

Post #18   10/11/12 4:41:43PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Mike Pierce > > fitch

Last edited 10/11/12 4:52PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   10/11/12 4:48:20PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
I see it, Silva's a young guy who can't control his emotions when things go wrong.

Fitch via UD. (I know i'm going out a limb with the prediction of UD)

Post #20   10/11/12 4:51:39PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by kopower

I'd take this bet, but I would feel sorry taking your av away from you again

You got yourself a deal, brother! How's 2 weeks sound?

Sounds good. I originally had a bet with shaneTpain, but he hasn't got back to me about it. Here is your chance for revenge! Send it my way, and I'll accept. 2 weeks sounds good my friend.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #21   10/11/12 4:57:42PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by SmileR

Posted by kopower

I'd take this bet, but I would feel sorry taking your av away from you again

You got yourself a deal, brother! How's 2 weeks sound?

Sounds good. I originally had a bet with shaneTpain, but he hasn't got back to me about it. Here is your chance for revenge! Send it my way, and I'll accept. 2 weeks sounds good my friend.

Done and done. I've got your Av picked out already!

Post #22   10/11/12 7:37:02PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,957-1,617
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave

I don't get it?? How does that fight not mean squat. Fitch got caught plain and simple, not like he slipped and got caught or pulled a Travis Browne.

Hendricks threw and landed 1 punch, that is all. He didn't dominate or pick apart or outwrestle or anything that fight. If they fought again, will the result be the same? Highly doubt it as there is nothing to bank it on besides what happened in 10 seconds. It didn't answer any questions except that Hendricks hits like a truck...and that's it.

If Fitch and Hendricks were to fight again I would take the same pick I took last time FitchUD but it is what it is, Johnny knocked Fitch out the first time so until Fitch redeems himself I have to rank Hendricks higher.

Post #23   10/11/12 7:59:28PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave

I don't get it?? How does that fight not mean squat. Fitch got caught plain and simple, not like he slipped and got caught or pulled a Travis Browne.

Hendricks threw and landed 1 punch, that is all. He didn't dominate or pick apart or outwrestle or anything that fight. If they fought again, will the result be the same? Highly doubt it as there is nothing to bank it on besides what happened in 10 seconds. It didn't answer any questions except that Hendricks hits like a truck...and that's it.

If Fitch and Hendricks were to fight again I would take the same pick I took last time FitchUD but it is what it is, Johnny knocked Fitch out the first time so until Fitch redeems himself I have to rank Hendricks higher.

If you want to rank him above, that's understandable. If you want to say he is a better fighter because of a single punch in a 10 second fight, that is where I

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #24   10/11/12 8:19:31PM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Career:1,563-1,095
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
Fitch is a great fighter, a smart fighter, & overall warrior... but Erick is a very exciting, young, talented guy that the fans want to see more of...

I'm hoping Erick wins but wouldn't surprise me is Fitch gets another decision...

Fitch hasn't finished a fight since June 12, 2007...

Post #25   10/12/12 11:43:18AM   

LateCold

I paid for this title.

LateCold Avatar

Career:1,322-691
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I wonder what the new avatar will be.

Post #26   10/14/12 5:46:53PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2