Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Print  
  Page 9 of 28   <<   6     7     8     9     10     11     12   >>
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by BuffaloDave

The Bobcats are above .500 at 4-3, let that sink in...

mind blown

Brendan Haywood for MVP

although Knicks being 5-0 is equally as shocking

Last edited 11/15/12 12:48AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #121   11/15/12 12:44:59AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Quick Fantasy question

Are we supposed to have a line-up ready to go every single night?? If so how is that even possible? For example like tonight only 3 of my guys have games not sure how it is for my opponent but I'm just wondering about this because I've never played fantasy type games before that required building a roster

Thanks for the help

Post #122   11/15/12 4:23:20PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Quick Fantasy question

Are we supposed to have a line-up ready to go every single night?? If so how is that even possible? For example like tonight only 3 of my guys have games not sure how it is for my opponent but I'm just wondering about this because I've never played fantasy type games before that required building a roster

Thanks for the help

if one of your players has a game that night, make sure he is in your starting lineup and not on the bench. Make sure this is done daily (you can set rosters days in advance if you want). If only 3 of your players are playing tonight, then whatever stats they get is yours. If your opponent has 5 that same night, then he gets stats from those 5.

Occasionally you will have more players with games than starting roster spots , in which case you will have to predict who will have the better night and/or help you in stats you are losing but close to winning/winning but by a small margin. For example if you have to choose between Jason Terry and Kris Humphries and you are losing by 5 3's but have a 20 rebound lead, play Terry.

I hope this helps

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #123   11/15/12 5:20:18PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
Knicks are 6-0

Post #124   11/16/12 1:05:20AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Knicks are 6-0

I just saw that. Felton and Smith have really stepped up so far this season. This is all without Stoudemire as well. It'll be interesting to see when he returns if he can fit in.

Post #125   11/16/12 1:22:17AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Chips:
were'nt the knicks better w/out Amare last year?

I'm drunk, so the possibility of me being wrong is very good, but i believe i remember reading last season that the knicks had a better record w/out him than they did w/ him.

anyone know for sure?

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #126   11/16/12 6:34:16AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I'm drunk, so the possibility of me being wrong is very good, but i believe i remember reading last season that the knicks had a better record w/out him than they did w/ him.

anyone know for sure?

I believe it was when Melo was out and Lin + Amare were running things

basically the team succeeds when one of them is not playing...is a trade in the works?

Last edited 11/16/12 9:13AM server time by bubbles

Post #127   11/16/12 9:13:27AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Poor_Franklin

anyone know for sure?

basically the team succeeds when one of them is not playing...is a trade in the works?

I definitely think one of them should be traded (Amare). Get some more depth.

Post #128   11/16/12 10:53:55AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Poor_Franklin

anyone know for sure?

Amare to Toronto? Trade Ed Davis and a 1st round pick Amare when healthy can run the floor well (that's all he did in Phoenix) and Casey wants to run a transition offense. It'll give JV someone legit to teach him post work and can take the pressure off Bargs from wanting to take 20 shots a game

but NY won't trade him within the division

Post #129   11/16/12 12:00:26PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Poor_Franklin

anyone know for sure?

Amare to Toronto? Trade Ed Davis and a 1st round pick Amare when healthy can run the floor well (that's all he did in Phoenix) and Casey wants to run a transition offense. It'll give JV someone legit to teach him post work and can take the pressure off Bargs from wanting to take 20 shots a game

but NY won't trade him within the division

That would be awesome but like you said, I don't think that'll ever happen.

Post #130   11/16/12 12:32:19PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Chips:
this article was written after Amare went out of the Heat series

it is a yahoo fan take, but i believe the stats are legit

When Stoudemire was in the lineup this season, the Knicks went 22-25 (.468 winning percentage) and averaged 1.6 more points than their opponents. When he missed games due to injuries, the Knicks went 14-5 (.737 winning percentage) and had a point differential of +7.2 points per game. The team averaged more points on offense and gave up fewer points on defense during those 19 games without him, posting an obscenely good record in the process.

LINK

Post #131   11/16/12 12:52:36PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I'll believe it. I ain't going to do any math

Post #132   11/16/12 7:29:14PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I'll believe it. I ain't going to do any math

literally laughed out loud

Post #133   11/16/12 8:25:45PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Chips:
THIS JUST IN........

Damion Lillard is the real deal. He's got ice water in his vains. He reminds me a lot of Derrick Rose. Not just their games but their demeanor as well

Post #134   11/17/12 1:09:47AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
Lillard = ROY

Knicks lose

Memphis is winning it all

Last edited 11/17/12 10:11AM server time by bubbles

Post #135   11/17/12 10:10:58AM   

Page 9 of 28   <<   6     7     8     9     10     11     12   >>