Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Print  
  Page 3 of 28     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,897-1,500
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
When Martin is healthy he is one of the better shooting guards in the league. Can score on anybody from anywhere. But he is just never healthy

Post #31   10/28/12 10:42:53AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I agree^^

He is arguably the best guy at drawing And1's

Looks like he bulked up a little this season too. We here in Houston will miss him.

I'm a fan of Harden though.

Were still waiting on our superstar.......

Post #32   10/28/12 10:48:07AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,897-1,500
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I'm clearly not old enough to have watched most of them and I am a bit biased as Kidd is my favourite player, but he has to be considered top 5 at the very least. Sure he didn't score 20 ppg, but he was one of the best all around players in the game. He routinely led his team in rebounding and had better rpg than most PFs in the league. He's a phenomenal passer, great leader and has a very high basketball IQ...add in his stellar defensive play and clutch 3 point shooting and you have one of the best 5-tool players in NBA history. His 107 career triple doubles, 9 defensive team selections, 2nd all time in total assists and steals, 3rd all time in total 3pt made

He may not have all the individual awards and only 1 NBA title but he took a very young Nets team to back-to-back Championships (losing to the Lakers and Spurs...two of the best dynasties in the last 20 years) after the team was a cellar dweller. He also got screwed out of the MVP in 01/02

That's my rant on Jason Kidd, hope it changed your mind

Kidd is not a top 5 pg all time. Top 10 ok but top 5 is tough to crack and no way

Post #33   10/28/12 10:52:10AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I can't fucking stand Pau Gasol. That guy whines so damn much and on every play that he has the ball he cries out like hes being gang raped. Its basically flopping because it influences the officials to make a call and when he doesnt get it he bitches to the refs.

Howard is still and will always BLOW shooting free throws.He fouled out in his first game with 19 pts and 10 rebs but was 3/14 from the frer throw line.

Nash looked old tonight. His shot wasn't falling and he wasn't really on his game. Things will get better with time.
It pains me to see such a good guy go to the Lakers. Its like your favorite action hero going to the dark side

Artest is still bat shit crazy....nuff said

Damn glad the Lakers went down on opening night. Only problem is they will probably be ready for my Blazers and Howard will go 10/12 from the stripe

Post #34   10/31/12 1:23:40AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
I fail to understand how anyone can be worse than 60% for a season from the charity stripe. From elementary school ball, free throws are drilled into you. High school even more so. He now practices daily, has a specialized coach and still can't hit it? Someone explain this to me. Either he is completely stupid or he never practices it at all. I haven't shot a basketball in 2 years and I can still have a better %.

No Kaman + no Dirk vs stacked Lakers team = Mavs win??? lmao I wish I watched more than the 1st quarter. Personally I hope Nash blows this year. He's over-hyped and I hate the Lakers so I want them both to fail.

I wish Boston was able to maintain that 4th quarter surge to go from 16 down to only 4. Does Jeff Green really make them that much worse defensively? Maybe with the additions of Barbosa, Lee and Terry they will be a little more offensive minded, but they need to get a legit defensive C. Camby or Dalembert would have been ideal to fit their system, give a legit backup to spell KG, and not allow guys like Lebron and Wade to slash all game long. Boston will still finish top 4 but I hope they play much better defense.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #35   10/31/12 11:00:37AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I was just offered Lebron + Monroe + Klay Thompson for my Harden + Granger + Calderon

My Team (autodrafted + 3 waiver pickups):
PG: Deron, Nash, Calderon
SG: Ben Gordon
PG/SG: Lou Williams
SG/SF: Harden, Ginobli, Matthews
SF: Pierce
SF/PF: Granger
PF/C: Varajao, Vucevic, Tristan and Jason Thompson
C: McGee, Asik

I think giving up both Harden and Granger (both star players on their team) isn't worth Lebron + Monroe. Calderon < Thompson but not by much imo...but around trade deadline time, Calderon will move somewhere much better for him. I'm thinking about countering with him giving me Bargnani and I give him Jason Thompson in addition to his offer or he substitutes Monroe for Horford. What do you guys think?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #36   10/31/12 12:13:15PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:938-531
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I was just offered Lebron + Monroe + Klay Thompson for my Harden + Granger + Calderon

My Team (autodrafted + 3 waiver pickups):
PG: Deron, Nash, Calderon
SG: Ben Gordon
PG/SG: Lou Williams
SG/SF: Harden, Ginobli, Matthews
SF: Pierce
SF/PF: Granger
PF/C: Varajao, Vucevic, Tristan and Jason Thompson
C: McGee, Asik

I think giving up both Harden and Granger (both star players on their team) isn't worth Lebron + Monroe. Calderon < Thompson but not by much imo...but around trade deadline time, Calderon will move somewhere much better for him. I'm thinking about countering with him giving me Bargnani and I give him Jason Thompson in addition to his offer or he substitutes Monroe for Horford. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure the person would go for any of your counter offers, but I would try adding the Barg for Thomp though.

I also thought it was funny that the Lakers lost to a Dirkless Mavs team. If Howard new how to hit free throws, they probably could have won the game.

Ray Allen throwing down on his former team on opening night

Post #37   10/31/12 12:25:42PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Chips:
Just read this article regarding the "whiteness" of the MN Timberwolves.

Link

Apparently, a civil rights activist is pissed becasue he belives there aren't enough black players on the T-Wolves roster.

5-15 are black, and another 5 are from foreign countries. I just don't get people sometimes. He thinks the wolves did this on purpose, as to gain back fans. He failed to comment on the wolves trying to land 2 big free agents that were black, in Batum and Jordan Hill.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #38   10/31/12 3:21:59PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,026-1,730
Chips:
So... The Raptors are going to start the season 1-0 against the Pacers tonight

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Post #39   10/31/12 3:49:06PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Link

Apparently, a civil rights activist is pissed becasue he belives there aren't enough black players on the T-Wolves roster.

5-15 are black, and another 5 are from foreign countries. I just don't get people sometimes. He thinks the wolves did this on purpose, as to gain back fans. He failed to comment on the wolves trying to land 2 big free agents that were black, in Batum and Jordan Hill.

I heard that. WTF is dude taljing about? Should we get a white guy to question all the other teams for not having enough white players?

Post #40   10/31/12 4:26:59PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kopower

Link

I heard that. WTF is dude taljing about? Should we get a white guy to question all the other teams for not having enough white players?

a few years ago, Sam Mitchell (a black coach) had 5 white guys on the floor at one time for the Raptors. I don't recall a backlash everytime this happened

Post #41   10/31/12 5:20:38PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
Harden and Lin are looking pretty good right now playing together

Post #42   10/31/12 7:57:28PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
Picking up Kyle Lowry is the best move Toronto's made in a while. Great game against the Pacers so far. Calderon and Lowry look great on the floor together.

On a side note though, the refs have been absolute garbage this game.

Last edited 10/31/12 9:25PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #43   10/31/12 9:17:07PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Picking up Kyle Lowry is the best move Toronto's made in a while. Great game against the Pacers so far. Calderon and Lowry look great on the floor together.

Lowry is a beast. I was truly disappointed to see him go. Glad to hear he is playing well

Post #44   10/31/12 9:30:53PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

It may be a new Toronto team but they stay true to their roots and blow it with less than a minute to go.

That last 60 seconds was hard to watch after seeing them play so well

Post #45   10/31/12 9:38:59PM   

Page 3 of 28     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>