Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Print  
  Page 28 of 28   <<   25     26     27     28  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Detroit to acquire Jennings in a sign and trade

Nearly a month after free agency began, Brandon Jennings has a new home.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Tuesday the Detroit Pistons have agreed to a sign-and-trade deal that will net Jennings, a restricted free agent, a new three-year contract worth in excess of $25 million.

The Bucks will receive guard Brandon Knight, forward Khris Middleton and center Viacheslav Kravtsov, two sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

ESPN.com first reported Tuesday that the Bucks and Pistons were in advanced discussions on a deal to finally rescue Jennings from a frustrating July on the open market in which the restricted free agent appeared to be frozen out of the big money.

Jennings was considering returning to the Bucks on a one-year qualifying offer -- which would have made him an unrestricted free agent -- until the Pistons swooped in with serious trade interest.

Detroit has been active this offseason -- signing free agents Josh Smith, Chauncey Billups and Luigi Datome -- as it desperately tries to end its four-year postseason drought.

The Pistons signed Billups to mentor Knight, but have chosen to replace him with Jennings.

The Bucks also signed free-agent guard Gary Neal and first-round draft pick Giannis Antetokounmpo on Tuesday.

LINK

Post #406   7/30/13 6:40:16PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
Yeah, I just read this on NBA.com. Another nice pick up for Detroit.

The east is looking beast right now.

Post #407   7/30/13 6:54:06PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Smith and Jennings will be an interesting duo. I feel like Detroit is going to have a lot of turnovers this season but they're headed in the right direction. This year is going to be very interesting.

Post #408   7/31/13 12:47:20AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:
The Pistons can have Jennings and I'm glad the whole ordeal with him is over here. He's moody, can't shoot, and will eat the shot clock while dribbling around trying to do everything himself rather than being a pass first PG. His stat line will look okay in terms of points and assists, but the eye test will show his flaws on a nightly basis. I'm really happy we got Knight, I think team chemistry and the offensive flow is going to be much better with Jennings gone.

Post #409   7/31/13 9:12:30AM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

The Pistons can have Jennings and I'm glad the whole ordeal with him is over here. He's moody, can't shoot, and will eat the shot clock while dribbling around trying to do everything himself rather than being a pass first PG. His stat line will look okay in terms of points and assists, but the eye test will show his flaws on a nightly basis. I'm really happy we got Knight, I think team chemistry and the offensive flow is going to be much better with Jennings gone.

Pretty much what you said about Jennings is how I feel about Knight except Jennings is a bit more pg'ish than Knight

Post #410   7/31/13 10:08:53AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by cowcatcher

Pretty much what you said about Jennings is how I feel about Knight except Jennings is a bit more pg'ish than Knight

My hope is that Knight will want to be more of a distributor than he's been, there's definitely room for improvement. I don't think Knight is going to monopolize the ball nearly as much as Jennings did, and I'm hoping the pace of the game is a little quicker for the Bucks because of that. We've got young bigs that can get up and down the floor and are better when moving than with their backs to the basket so hopefully they won't have as many bogged down possessions with Knight at the helm. You're going to love Jennings some nights Shawn, but he's going to piss you off more often than he leaves you with a warm fuzzy. Giggity.

Post #411   7/31/13 10:30:00AM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by cowcatcher

My hope is that Knight will want to be more of a distributor than he's been, there's definitely room for improvement. I don't think Knight is going to monopolize the ball nearly as much as Jennings did, and I'm hoping the pace of the game is a little quicker for the Bucks because of that. We've got young bigs that can get up and down the floor and are better when moving than with their backs to the basket so hopefully they won't have as many bogged down possessions with Knight at the helm. You're going to love Jennings some nights Shawn, but he's going to piss you off more often than he leaves you with a warm fuzzy. Giggity.

Its one of the main reasons they traded for Calderon last year, for someone to set up Monroe and Drummond and move Knight to the 2g spot as its more natural for him for his skill set, despite not having the height for the position. He was prepared to be the PG this year prior to the trade, but word is he was starting to tune out Mo Cheeks already and the season hasnt even started yet, just off summer league.

Post #412   7/31/13 10:39:15AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
I have a hard time taking Brandon Knight seriously after what Kyrie did to him

That was just embarrassing. He got dropped on his ass and on his face, lol.

Last edited 7/31/13 4:36PM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #413   7/31/13 4:32:50PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Webbie

I have a hard time taking Brandon Knight seriously after what Kyrie did to him

That was just embarrassing. He got dropped on his ass and on his face, lol.

Id hardly take anything that happened in an All Star setting seriously

Post #414   7/31/13 5:40:55PM   

Page 28 of 28   <<   25     26     27     28