Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Print  
  Page 25 of 28   <<   22     23     24     25     26     27     28  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Portland beats the Spurs 136-106. They also win the season series against the Spurs. Lillard was a beast with 35 pts 9 assists and 3 rebs on 12/20 shooting. This folks is your Rookie of the Year

Post #361   3/8/13 10:49:45PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:
Lillard will be one of the best players in the league in a few years. He's easily winning the rookie of the year award putting up better numbers than most point guards in the league.

On a side note, the Raptors are up 6 at the half against the Lakers in LA. Bargnani injured himself again and is out the rest of the game. I'd love to spoil the playoff hopes of the Lakers

FUCK Kobe.

Last edited 3/9/13 1:24AM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #362   3/8/13 11:41:08PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
how can Portland spank San Antonio but get stomped by the Magic? Lillard is a beast...I could not have been more wrong about him back in late November (basically said he would be a good player but not great)

I stayed up last night to watch the end of the game and holy fucking Kobe. You gotta give him props for his 4th quarter play (for the most part). You know there is something wrong with the officiating when he has as many free throws as the entire Raptors team...probably had more in the 4th quarter. It does not surprise me that this is the 16th time this season the Raptors have lead going into the 4th and lost (probably 8-10 of them they were up by 10+). I do have to blame the coach a bit for this loss:
1) Aaron Gray over Valanciunas in the final 5 min of reg and OT? He has negative offensive capabilities and could be the most uncoordinated big man in the league. Howard was not going to get the ball much down the stretch so his 4 fouls don't matter much. Once Amir got fouled out the lane got clogged and everyone became a mid-long range shooter...JV could have spread the floor and opened lanes and can actually score a basket
2) Why in the hell was Anderson guarding Kobe in the final minutes of regulation? He did a nice job putting pressure and having position, but he is too short for those moments. DeRozan and Gay are just as quick but are much longer and will give a much tougher look. Meeks and Clarke/Jamison are not going to touch the ball in the final 2 minutes.
3) DeRozan did not take a shot in the final 4 minutes of OT even though he was the best Raptors player offensively that night. Instead Alan Anderson took his shots. I really wish Gay would have hit that shot at the buzzer

Last edited 3/9/13 8:57AM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #363   3/9/13 8:51:11AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I know I'm a bit late but damn what a game between the Knicks and Thunder the other night. And that was without Melo.

Also the Warriors are a really fun team to watch, even if they can't play defense to save their lives. Although a similar philosophy as the old Phoenix team, way more fun to watch than the Suns were. Stephen Curry is one of the most dynamic players in the league. I honestly don't know who I would take on my team given the choice of Curry or Westbrook. Klay Thompson is just money behind the arc (the main reason the Warriors tied the game early in the 4th).

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #364   3/9/13 8:55:34AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

how can Portland spank San Antonio but get stomped by the Magic? Lillard is a beast...I could not have been more wrong about him back in late November (basically said he would be a good player but not great)

I stayed up last night to watch the end of the game and holy fucking Kobe. You gotta give him props for his 4th quarter play (for the most part). You know there is something wrong with the officiating when he has as many free throws as the entire Raptors team...probably had more in the 4th quarter. It does not surprise me that this is the 16th time this season the Raptors have lead going into the 4th and lost (probably 8-10 of them they were up by 10+). I do have to blame the coach a bit for this loss:
1) Aaron Gray over Valanciunas in the final 5 min of reg and OT? He has negative offensive capabilities and could be the most uncoordinated big man in the league. Howard was not going to get the ball much down the stretch so his 4 fouls don't matter much. Once Amir got fouled out the lane got clogged and everyone became a mid-long range shooter...JV could have spread the floor and opened lanes and can actually score a basket
2) Why in the hell was Anderson guarding Kobe in the final minutes of regulation? He did a nice job putting pressure and having position, but he is too short for those moments. DeRozan and Gay are just as quick but are much longer and will give a much tougher look. Meeks and Clarke/Jamison are not going to touch the ball in the final 2 minutes.
3) DeRozan did not take a shot in the final 4 minutes of OT even though he was the best Raptors player offensively that night. Instead Alan Anderson took his shots. I really wish Gay would have hit that shot at the buzzer

Benching JV made me furious. He was having a great game too. And Alan Anderson... It's not your damn team. Stop taking shitty shots when the game is close.

Kobe hit a few ridiculous 3s that had me shaking my head...

Post #365   3/9/13 12:47:31PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I know I'm a bit late but damn what a game between the Knicks and Thunder the other night. And that was without Melo.

Watched that too, pretty awesome game. The issue isn't melo, but with the combination of their big 3. Chandler, Melo, and Stoudemire have an issue sharing the court. It isn't a matter of them fighting over the ball, the 3 of them together out there just doesn't mix well.

Post #366   3/9/13 1:23:28PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Bubbles

Watched that too, pretty awesome game. The issue isn't melo, but with the combination of their big 3. Chandler, Melo, and Stoudemire have an issue sharing the court. It isn't a matter of them fighting over the ball, the 3 of them together out there just doesn't mix well.

I was referencing that the Knicks weren't at full strength, which could have been and even more awesome game.

Chandler doesn't demand the ball much, he takes 6 shots a game. But when he and Amare are on together, the lane can get congested as Amare doesn't have great range. I think the issue is between Melo and JR Smith more than anything, especially if both are hot because Amare and Felton need their touches too

Post #367   3/9/13 2:30:47PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
dunk of the year

Post #368   3/11/13 9:16:47AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

dunk of the year

His facial expression after says it all

Post #369   3/11/13 9:32:49AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

dunk of the year

Damn, that was nasty

Post #370   3/11/13 10:55:53AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
If Demarques Cousins wasn't such an immature asshole he'd be killing it this season. I just saw the elbow to the back of the head he gave Mike Dunleavy last night.

Post #371   3/11/13 1:24:31PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,884-1,626
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

If Demarques Cousins wasn't such an immature asshole he'd be killing it this season. I just saw the elbow to the back of the head he gave Mike Dunleavy last night.

Wonder what's going to happen to him when I get my beloved Sonics back.

Post #372   3/11/13 2:44:05PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by Budgellism

Wonder what's going to happen to him when I get my beloved Sonics back.

he'll be a Celtic

I don't think that is a flagrant 2. Maybe a flagrant 1. I saw worse in the Warriors/Pacers "brawl" and what happened last night wasn't as bad as some of the single techincals issued out

Last edited 3/11/13 4:00PM server time by bubbles

Post #373   3/11/13 3:55:34PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Post #374   3/11/13 5:01:53PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
Howard took 39 free throws tonight.

Post #375   3/12/13 9:40:57PM   

Page 25 of 28   <<   22     23     24     25     26     27     28