Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Print  
  Page 22 of 28   <<   19     20     21     22     23     24     25   >>
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,733-1,430
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Shawn91111

Rumor is Detroit is a big player in the Josh Smith possible trade. They will have a ton of cap space and he is one player they are looking at this upcoming off season. So this would be more or less and audition while they clear more space.

Would really want Smith all that much. Dont think he fits with where the team is going.

I've seen that the Nets want him too.

Im not really into Josh Smith. I am way more into what the Pistons, and Joe Dumars more so can do with the huge amount of cap space they will have this off season and next. They need to do something for me to change my mind about giving away a 1st round pick to Charlotte in the Ben Gordon/Maggette trade.

Post #316   2/11/13 5:03:51PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
No doubt the Hawks will get rid of him. I've seen that they are interested in getting a young center. So deals to SA including Splitter and to Chicago including Gibson have been rumored. The deal that have been mentioned "officially" is with the Nets sending Humphries, Brooks and a 1st rounder for him.

The Hawks are also another team with a shitload of cap room at the end of the season but I think that most of the good FA are staying with their teams so it will be pointless anyway.

Post #317   2/11/13 5:10:15PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,733-1,430
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The big names will more likely stay but its the 2nd and 3rd tier that always helps teams become playoff contenders. Detroit needs a good scoring/shooting small forward. Not sure if they will get that come draft time as I think those players will be gone when Detroit picks.

Post #318   2/11/13 5:18:05PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Dwight Howard will be asking for max money and both he and Josh Smith are buddies...I wonder where they will end up next season

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #319   2/11/13 5:18:48PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Dwight Howard will be asking for max money and both he and Josh Smith are buddies...I wonder where they will end up next season

The Heat

Post #320   2/11/13 6:57:24PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,243-813
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Dwight is an utter lost cause imo. He hasnt done anything to make the lakers better and if anything he has made them worse.

Post #321   2/11/13 7:08:28PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Chips:

Posted by george112

Dwight is an utter lost cause imo. He hasnt done anything to make the lakers better and if anything he has made them worse.

just had this convo w/ a buddy last night. i hate the lakers, so hope he stays, but think they are silly if they dont get rid of him asap. he appears to have no killer instinct & possibly overwhelmed by the LA market. Orlando is a smaller market & full of guys that love their stars. LA is LA. i dont think he was ready for such a huge spotlight that is full of the criticisms that come w/ being in LA

i will give him this, kobe hates him now so he wont get much help w/ kobe on the court. most of the pts he put up in the Heat game were w/ Kobe off the court & it looks like it'll stay that way for a while

Last edited 2/11/13 7:14PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #322   2/11/13 7:13:52PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,243-813
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by george112

just had this convo w/ a buddy last night. i hate the lakers, so hope he stays, but think they are silly if they dont get rid of him asap. he appears to have no killer instinct & possibly overwhelmed by the LA market. Orlando is a smaller market & full of guys that love their stars. LA is LA. i dont think he was ready for such a huge spotlight that is full of the criticisms that come w/ being in LA

i will give him this, kobe hates him now so he wont get much help w/ kobe on the court. most of the pts he put up in the Heat game were w/ Kobe off the court & it looks like it'll stay that way for a while

dwight undoubtedly wants to be the star. Kobe and him clash because of that I know this because I had the same situation on my basketball team and we were horrible even though I would put up 25-30 a game.

One needs to go and its going to be Dwight if it happens

Post #323   2/11/13 7:32:03PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
apologies in advance for this mini rant:

I can't remember if it was Sam Mitchell or Chris Sheridan or someone but they made a very interesting point the other day. Howard was always the guy on his team. This is along the same thought as P_F's. Everyone catered to him, ran the offense through him, a coach was fired for him, etc. Coming out of high school and playing in Orlando, he never played for a team where it's championship or bust. He never played for a team where it wasn't all about him. Now in LA, it's a win now attitude: either you win a championship or the season is a failure. The Lakers are Kobe's team and everything runs through him. This is something he has never experienced before and doesn't know how to handle it. The same shit he pulled in Orlando last year he is pulling in LA right now.

This speaks more to his character than anything else. Dwight is easily the best big man in the NBA when healthy and happy...he is neither right now. He has a torn rotator cuff and isn't being allowed to rest it properly. Kobe and Nash have basically said (in different words) that you gotta play through the pain to be a champion. Now a torn rotator cuff is different than a sore ankle and you can clearly see it bothering him each game so I can't really say he is milking it. Logging heavy minutes each night in a physical position isn't really helping his injury either.

There are 2 ways of looking at this: Howard needs a bit of time off to rest so he is as close to 100% as he can be to help the Lakers for the stretch run and potentially playoffs, or he doesn't want to jeopardize what he can make in free agency in a few months (ie max contract) and thus wants time off for that.

I do believe LA will be looking to trade him (trade him to Toronto for Bargnani ), but they are 7-3 in their last 10 and only a few games out. IMO it would be wise to bench him until after the All-star break...but as a Lakers hater, keep him out there and hope they keep losing

Last edited 2/11/13 7:58PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #324   2/11/13 7:54:58PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,568-1,469
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

I'll add to the trade rumors:

- The Bucks want to deal Monta Ellis and his expiring contract before the trade deadline, and one possible name mentioned is JJ Redick.

I don't like it as a Bucks fan, but they have to get something back for Ellis and it's apparently going to be impossible to resign Ellis and Brandon Jennings and Jennings is the one they have to keep. Jennings just hired a new agent though, so he may be inclined to bolt as well which would leave the Bucks crippled after this season.

Redick is also on an expiring contract...I'm not sure how this helps, unless they plan to resign Redick who will be much cheaper than Ellis

The Bucks basically want assurance that Redick would sign an extension before they would pull the trigger. They basically have to move Monta to another team, then package Dalembert/Udrih/Gooden or some combination of them and a draft pick to grab Redick then. I have a feeling the Bucks will be players at the deadline, but I'm starting to worry that they're just going to be the third wheel to make trades work for 2 other teams and get shit back on their end. Apparently even Jennings is up fro grabs for the right price, I'd hate to see him go though.

Post #325   2/12/13 12:22:58AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I am so glad that Rudy Gay is on the Raptors...he can make other fans yell this at the end of games Pacers and Nuggets fans, we know what it's like to get burned by Gay on a buzzer beater

Post #326   2/12/13 9:40:33PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I am so glad that Rudy Gay is on the Raptors...he can make other fans yell this at the end of games Pacers and Nuggets fans, we know what it's like to get burned by Gay on a buzzer beater

Even before he shoots it he knows what's going to happen.

The Raptors did a lot of things wrong tonight but I'll take the W any way we can get it. Gay hitting his 2nd game winner in 6 games with the Raptors is damn impressive. I'm glad he's a part of the team.

Post #327   2/12/13 10:12:57PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

The Raptors did a lot of things wrong tonight but I'll take the W any way we can get it. Gay hitting his 2nd game winner in 6 games with the Raptors is damn impressive. I'm glad he's a part of the team.

it was one of the sloppiest games I have seen in a long time. Both teams gave up a combined 35 turnovers and 33 offensive rebounds. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if Gallinari and Iguodala were in the game...their 8th string players almost beat us but a win is a win

Ty Lawson has to be one of the fastest guys in the league off the dribble. He single handedly brought Denver back from a 14 point 2nd quarter deficit. Kenneth Faried is the type of player everyone wants on their team. They can be the dark horse of the west having such a deep team. I wish I could watch more of their games throughout the year...Court Surfing needs to focus on Nuggets games from now on

John Lucas III has been money in the 4th quarter last 2 games. 9/11 from 3 (9 straight). Fields was great in the 2nd half with Gay in foul trouble.

Post #328   2/12/13 10:41:46PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
thanks to Court Surfing, I was able to witness the Trailblazers meltdown in the 4th quarter (Prophecy might be drowning his sorrows as we speak ).

The Jazz are up 13 on the Thunder with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd Perkins should receive a fine or 1 game suspension for that blatant elbow he threw.
EDIT: and they complete the blowout

Memphis almost blew a late lead to Sacramento, but improve to 4-3 without Gay

Also, what in the hell is Kobe doing? He intentionally has taken ZERO shots in the first half, passing up on a few gimme layups to pass the ball, turning it over 4 times in the process. I don't think I have ever heard of this before from anyone, let alone a star player. I really hope Phoenix can come back because a) this is rediculous, even if it is kinda funny b) this is really hurting my fantasy team! I did not trade for Kobe for him to be a passer

LBJ is the first player in NBA history with 6 straight games 30+ points and 60%+ FG%. Take that MJ

Last edited 2/12/13 11:45PM server time by bubbles

Post #329   2/12/13 10:49:30PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

it was one of the sloppiest games I have seen in a long time. Both teams gave up a combined 35 turnovers and 33 offensive rebounds. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if Gallinari and Iguodala were in the game...their 8th string players almost beat us but a win is a win

Ty Lawson has to be one of the fastest guys in the league off the dribble. He single handedly brought Denver back from a 14 point 2nd quarter deficit. Kenneth Faried is the type of player everyone wants on their team. They can be the dark horse of the west having such a deep team. I wish I could watch more of their games throughout the year...Court Surfing needs to focus on Nuggets games from now on

John Lucas III has been money in the 4th quarter last 2 games. 9/11 from 3 (9 straight). Fields was great in the 2nd half with Gay in foul trouble.

Too many offensive rebounds and way too many turnovers. They've been doing great really early in the game (Although missing two easy dunks really sucked) but their bench has been starting off shitty and it really takes away the momentum and leaves us battling the rest of the way. Thankfully Lucas came alive in the 4th again. Even Anderson hit a couple of key 3s.

Ty Lawson is a beast. He had a big game tonight and you're right. He's the reason the game was close in the first place. Their big guys all had good games. They were killing us with the offence rebounds. Faried had 3, Koufos had 5, Hamilton had 3 and Randolph had 4. We could definitely use a guy like Faried or Koufos on our team.

They're definitely a strong team. 33-20 and 5th in the West. Depending on the match ups they get in the playoffs I could see them winning a series or two. We'll see how they look after the trade deadline. The Raptors on the other hand are 6 games out of the 8th seed and on a 3 game win streak

Post #330   2/13/13 12:14:07AM   

Page 22 of 28   <<   19     20     21     22     23     24     25   >>