Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Print  
  Page 21 of 28   <<   18     19     20     21     22     23     24   >>
Posted By Message

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,013-583
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The mute is for stupid or super irrelevant comments. For instance, if they thought it might be cool to see how teh smasher does, it would be excellent if there was a mute option as it opens up the floor for someone with something useful to say. I suspect we will have to agree to disagree because I can't deal with those outdated dinosaurs on PTI ramming their archaic opinions on sports down my throat, especially with how they handle any mma talk, which more often than not, is brushed aside as if it's WWE or worse. Both hosts are morons who perpetrate their opinion as fact, which is exactly why I like ATH.

Post #301   2/8/13 1:32:54PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
yeah at times the guys on PTI can be quite dumb, but generally speaking I don't mind listening to them (which isn't very often tbh). But that style of talk show is what I like, even if they (and most current sports media outlets) don't address MMA as an equal to the other sports

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #302   2/8/13 2:04:39PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Chips:
I'm so sick of these refs. Hansborough judo tossed Valanciunas for god sakes and there's no call but Bargnani walks into him and they call an offensive foul... How about we forget what teams are playing and just make the same calls for every team? The Raptors are not a great team, I get it. Don't make them worse by ignoring obvious fouls.

Post #303   2/8/13 9:09:21PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I'm so sick of these refs. Hansborough judo tossed Valanciunas for god sakes and there's no call but Bargnani walks into him and they call an offensive foul... How about we forget what teams are playing and just make the same calls for every team? The Raptors are not a great team, I get it. Don't make them worse by ignoring obvious fouls.

that was terrible, but it made the win so much sweeter. I have officially jumped onto the Rudy Gay bandwagon

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #304   2/8/13 10:13:28PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

that was terrible, but it made the win so much sweeter. I have officially jumped onto the Rudy Gay bandwagon

Very true. I only scream at my tv like I did tonight during mma events. I was really invested into that game tonight. It's weird watching the Raptors do better at the end of the game than the middle or the beginning of it. I like the Rudy Gay/ Demar Derozan combo.

Post #305   2/8/13 10:47:22PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,433-817
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

i knew it wouldnt take you long

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #306   2/8/13 11:03:06PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism
Very true. I only scream at my tv like I did tonight during mma events. I was really invested into that game tonight. It's weird watching the Raptors do better at the end of the game than the middle or the beginning of it. I like the Rudy Gay/ Demar Derozan combo.

I know, generally if you only watch the first 3 quarters, you would have a much better impression of that team, and then sigh at the results the next day. There were some pretty bad calls throughout the game for both teams (surprisingly not solely for Toronto) but it was nice to see them finally win in OT.

Also how about that Bargnani guy playing some defense at the end of the 4th quarter?

Post #307   2/9/13 7:25:25PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Bubbles

i knew it wouldnt take you long

it only took a couple games and some last second heroics to sell me

Post #308   2/9/13 7:26:30PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Also how about that Bargnani guy playing some defense at the end of the 4th quarter?

He came through for sure. He actually had a pretty good game. I hope he continues to play well until we trade him.

Alan Anderson continues to suck though. We need him to get his shit together. I don't like John Lucas' shot selection either. Way too many quick jump shots late in the game.

It was a good win. We needed some luck to get it done but I'm happy with a W any way we can get it.

Post #309   2/10/13 3:50:49AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
Alan Anderson has become the new Bargnani by taking way too many bad shots (and shots in general). I was tired of him taking away Ross' minutes 2 weeks ago and still to this day.

Lucas I don't mind as a backup PG, but he is too similar to Lowry in style (ie not pass first). He's like a Mike James type PG but has hit some big shots in the last month. I'd love to see a Ridnour type backup PG on this team if Calderon doesn't resign in the offseason

Last edited 2/10/13 4:16PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #310   2/10/13 4:15:42PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
current trade rumors:

- It’s been an up-and-down contract year for Smith, so much so that the Atlanta Hawks are taking trade offers for him, according to NBA.com’s David Aldridge: “The Atlanta Hawks are entertaining trade offers around the league for forward Josh Smith, but have yet to decide whether they will deal the ninth-year forward, according to league sources. Smith, who will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution late last month that he believes he’s a max player, which would mean he’d be in line for a five-year deal worth around $94 million from Atlanta.”

- According to Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal, the Cleveland Cavaliers are prepared to make a two-year offer to Greg Oden after the All-Star break: “The Cavs are expected to offer free agent center Greg Oden a two-year contract with a team option for a third year after the Feb. 21 trade deadline passes, a league source said. The Cavs have about $4 million in cap space, which they are preserving now for potential trades. Teams around the league don’t want to sign Oden until after the trade deadline."

- Chris Broussard of ESPN is reporting that the Charlotte Bobcats and Brooklyn Nets are in talks to swap Kris Humphries and Ben Gordon: “The talks are ongoing, but sources said no trade is imminent. A Gordon-for-Humphries trade works financially as both players make $12 million a year. The Nets’ interest in Gordon stems from their need for better ways to space the floor. Ranked 21st in the league in 3-point shooting, Brooklyn regularly has seen opponents clog the lane.”

Post #311   2/10/13 4:20:29PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,498-1,432
Chips:
I'll add to the trade rumors:

- The Bucks want to deal Monta Ellis and his expiring contract before the trade deadline, and one possible name mentioned is JJ Redick.

I don't like it as a Bucks fan, but they have to get something back for Ellis and it's apparently going to be impossible to resign Ellis and Brandon Jennings and Jennings is the one they have to keep. Jennings just hired a new agent though, so he may be inclined to bolt as well which would leave the Bucks crippled after this season.

Post #312   2/11/13 10:37:11AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

I'll add to the trade rumors:

- The Bucks want to deal Monta Ellis and his expiring contract before the trade deadline, and one possible name mentioned is JJ Redick.

I don't like it as a Bucks fan, but they have to get something back for Ellis and it's apparently going to be impossible to resign Ellis and Brandon Jennings and Jennings is the one they have to keep. Jennings just hired a new agent though, so he may be inclined to bolt as well which would leave the Bucks crippled after this season.

Redick is also on an expiring contract...I'm not sure how this helps, unless they plan to resign Redick who will be much cheaper than Ellis

Post #313   2/11/13 3:10:11PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,622-1,372
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Rumor is Detroit is a big player in the Josh Smith possible trade. They will have a ton of cap space and he is one player they are looking at this upcoming off season. So this would be more or less and audition while they clear more space.

Would really want Smith all that much. Dont think he fits with where the team is going.

Last edited 2/11/13 4:46PM server time by shawn91111
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #314   2/11/13 4:45:00PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Rumor is Detroit is a big player in the Josh Smith possible trade. They will have a ton of cap space and he is one player they are looking at this upcoming off season. So this would be more or less and audition while they clear more space.

Would really want Smith all that much. Dont think he fits with where the team is going.

I've seen that the Nets want him too.

Post #315   2/11/13 4:53:33PM   

Page 21 of 28   <<   18     19     20     21     22     23     24   >>