Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Print  
  Page 12 of 28   <<   9     10     11     12     13     14     15   >>
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,185-774
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Bubbles

how bout that brawl in Boston? You mess with KG, you gotta go through Rondo first

Pretty funny that Rondo calling Kris H. a dirty player for the shot on KG, as KG is known as the dirtiest player in the league for many years.

KG got what had been coming to him for years.

This is truth.KG throws elbows like no other

Post #166   11/29/12 10:29:40PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

It's kind of strange to see the Spurs without Duncan, Parker and Ginobili going neck and neck with the Heat right now.

god damn it. Why did they blow the lead that late in the game? Even though I can't stand either team, I would have loved to see Miami lose to the depleted Spurs

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #167   11/29/12 11:03:10PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,673-1,533
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

It's kind of strange to see the Spurs without Duncan, Parker and Ginobili going neck and neck with the Heat right now.

god damn it. Why did they blow the lead that late in the game? Even though I can't stand either team, I would have loved to see Miami lose to the depleted Spurs

I know, eh. I was hoping they wouldn't pull a Raptors but when it's a close game and you're going against Lebron and Wade without your best players, you're in trouble. The Spurs are going to be punished for resting their starters. I think that's bullshit personally.

Post #168   11/29/12 11:14:36PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism
I know, eh. I was hoping they wouldn't pull a Raptors but when it's a close game and you're going against Lebron and Wade without your best players, you're in trouble. The Spurs are going to be punished for resting their starters. I think that's bullshit personally.

I don't. Resting them is one thing (by giving them limited minutes). Not having them travel with the team when healthy is another. People paid premium prices for tickets to this game, and they get shafted. Imagine paying premium $ to see the Lakers in town but Kobe, Nash and Howard all stay back in LA...wouldn't you be pissed? That's what this punishment is about (I think anyways).

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #169   11/29/12 11:38:47PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
Mickael Pietrus signs with Toronto

Finally a capable SF who is a decent defender

Post #170   11/29/12 11:59:40PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

I don't. Resting them is one thing (by giving them limited minutes). Not having them travel with the team when healthy is another. People paid premium prices for tickets to this game, and they get shafted. Imagine paying premium $ to see the Lakers in town but Kobe, Nash and Howard all stay back in LA...wouldn't you be pissed? That's what this punishment is about (I think anyways).

I can see it from that point of view, yeah. I'd be happy if they all stayed in LA though. I'm not fond of either player and we could use all the help we can get

But in all seriousness, Miami fans get to see three of the best players in the league every home game and the Spurs are deep enough to be competitive with any team without their starters. They were treated to a good, competitive game as well.

There's also no rule against doing this and Greg Popovich is a very smart coach who knows what is best for his team.

When fans buy a ticket there is no guarantee that every player will play. I'm watching the TNT halftime show for the Warriors/Nuggets game and Kenny brings up a good point. Teams do this at the end of the season, why can't he do this at the end of a road trip when they're facing the best team in the nba right now in their next game?

I see both sides of the argument but I say boo hoo to Miami fans. Maybe I'm just bitter but I don't think the team or Popovich deserves a fine.

Post #171   11/30/12 12:01:38AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Mickael Pietrus signs with Toronto

Finally a capable SF who is a decent defender

Nice! I think he'll fit in well

Post #172   11/30/12 12:02:31AM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Its not something new, Pop has always when resting Manu, and especially Duncan had them not travel with the team.

Post #173   11/30/12 9:16:02AM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

I can see it from that point of view, yeah. I'd be happy if they all stayed in LA though. I'm not fond of either player and we could use all the help we can get

But in all seriousness, Miami fans get to see three of the best players in the league every home game and the Spurs are deep enough to be competitive with any team without their starters. They were treated to a good, competitive game as well.

There's also no rule against doing this and Greg Popovich is a very smart coach who knows what is best for his team.

When fans buy a ticket there is no guarantee that every player will play. I'm watching the TNT halftime show for the Warriors/Nuggets game and Kenny brings up a good point. Teams do this at the end of the season, why can't he do this at the end of a road trip when they're facing the best team in the nba right now in their next game?

I see both sides of the argument but I say boo hoo to Miami fans. Maybe I'm just bitter but I don't think the team or Popovich deserves a fine.

Maybe I misread you but, you're not fond of Tim Duncan?

Post #174   11/30/12 9:17:21AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Maybe I misread you but, you're not fond of Tim Duncan?

You misread. He compared it to the Lakers coming to Toronto and I'm not a fan of Howard, Bryant or Nash.

I like the Spurs a lot to be honest. Parker and Duncan are great to watch.

Last edited 11/30/12 9:42AM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #175   11/30/12 9:40:32AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,385-791
Chips:
I would love to see what Stern would do to the Spurs if they had won the game

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #176   11/30/12 10:35:03AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism
You misread. He compared it to the Lakers coming to Toronto and I'm not a fan of Howard, Bryant or Nash.

I like the Spurs a lot to be honest. Parker and Duncan are great to watch.

I love Howard as a player but I'm also not a Nash (never have been) or Kobe fan. Unlike you, I hate San Antonio. It probably started around 2002-03 season, if not before

Post #177   11/30/12 11:02:04AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:860-491
Chips:
That 250k Stern imposed on the Spurs is garbage. It's not like the fans got cheated, they still watched a good basketball game. Had it been a game like what the Thunder did to the Bobcats last week, then maybe I can see some arguments.

Post #178   11/30/12 9:31:50PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

That 250k Stern imposed on the Spurs is garbage. It's not like the fans got cheated, they still watched a good basketball game. Had it been a game like what the Thunder did to the Bobcats last week, then maybe I can see some arguments.

I completely agree. I'm sick of Stern. Retire already.

Post #179   11/30/12 10:13:09PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
RAPTORS WIN

Post #180   12/1/12 10:07:12AM   

Page 12 of 28   <<   9     10     11     12     13     14     15   >>