Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Print  
  Page 1 of 28     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Was surprised to see that the NBA pre-season has started.

Watching the Rockets/Thunder game now

Look for the Lakers to put up a very strong push for the title

Post #1   10/10/12 8:30:57PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

It'll be nice to get a full season in this year.

Post #2   10/10/12 8:31:54PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I'm a huge Ray Allen fan so looks like ill be rooting for the one team I cant stand this year

Post #3   10/11/12 6:35:08AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by sparky

I'm a huge Ray Allen fan so looks like ill be rooting for the one team I cant stand this year

Jason Kidd is my favourite player and he too went to a team I can't stand

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   10/11/12 12:03:02PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Chips:
Brandon Roy looking pretty good for the T-Wolves last night. I had a feeling he would be back after his retirement, he needed a full year off to heal.

Post #5   10/11/12 12:33:50PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Brandon Roy looking pretty good for the T-Wolves last night. I had a feeling he would be back after his retirement, he needed a full year off to heal.

Man, if he can stay healthy, and Kirilinko has any resemblence to his former self, the Wolves should be pretty damn good. Hopefully Rubio can come back 100% from his knee injury. Should be an entertaining squad to watch.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #6   10/11/12 12:53:37PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:807-565
Camp: TKO
Chips:
well wonder what life without Rose is gonna feel like....

Post #7   10/11/12 12:54:05PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Ive always been a Kobe fan, so I will be watching the Lakers a lot. Sad to see his career is coming to an end, but he still can perform at a high level. I am however, a Bucks fan. I think they have a better roster then the past couple years. Would love to see them make the playoffs and not the 8th spot. Maybe 6th or so, so they have a chance to move on.

Lakers vs. Bucks final...HA kidding.

Lakers vs. Heat (both teams got really strong in the off-season, Heat added depth which they needed and LA added a point guard which they needed and not just any PG, Nash, probably the best PG ever).

Post #8   10/11/12 12:59:35PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Ive always been a Kobe fan, so I will be watching the Lakers a lot. Sad to see his career is coming to an end, but he still can perform at a high level. I am however, a Bucks fan. I think they have a better roster then the past couple years. Would love to see them make the playoffs and not the 8th spot. Maybe 6th or so, so they have a chance to move on.

Lakers vs. Heat (both teams got really strong in the off-season, Heat added depth which they needed and LA added a point guard which they needed and not just any PG, Nash, probably the best PG ever).

I think the Bucks might be in the hunt for one of the final 2 playoff spots if they can play any kind of defense at all. They have some talent at the big spots and a really good backcourt. My hopes aren't too high though. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 14 out of 21 times in the past 21 years, shame on me.

Post #9   10/11/12 1:05:58PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by BuffaloDave

Man, if he can stay healthy, and Kirilinko has any resemblence to his former self, the Wolves should be pretty damn good. Hopefully Rubio can come back 100% from his knee injury. Should be an entertaining squad to watch.

I really like the moves they made since last season. If everyone stays healthy the Wolves should be looking at a decent seed in the playoffs I'm thinking. I'll be watching them as much as possible. Love has become one of my favourite players and I've always been a fan of Roy.

Post #10   10/11/12 1:18:59PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Still rooting for the Pistons surrounded by Knicks fans. I think the Pistons are still a few years and some draft picks and quality free agents away. Patience is starting to wear thin with Dumars. He needs to smarten up about the free agents. Hoping Monroe turns into a 20/10 player this year, Knight and Stuckey form a great backcourt and Drummond surprises all

Post #11   10/11/12 1:27:38PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by BuffaloDave

F U!!!

Post #12   10/11/12 1:33:54PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by kopower

Posted by BuffaloDave

I really like the moves they made since last season. If everyone stays healthy the Wolves should be looking at a decent seed in the playoffs I'm thinking. I'll be watching them as much as possible. Love has become one of my favourite players and I've always been a fan of Roy.

Agreed with you Budge, as Love is one of my favorites now too.

Post #13   10/11/12 1:37:44PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I think the Bucks might be in the hunt for one of the final 2 playoff spots if they can play any kind of defense at all. They have some talent at the big spots and a really good backcourt. My hopes aren't too high though. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 14 out of 21 times in the past 21 years, shame on me.

I hear yah, we had our big chance in 2001 and the NBA seemed to screw us, cause they wanted Lakers vs. sixers. HA. I think they should be able to D up this year. They have some good young guys that can get it done. We need to sign Ellis and build a foundation around him, the kid can score. Jennings needs to become more of a pass first and let guys like Ellis, Ilyasova, Harris, Gooden and Dunleavy do the main scoring. I like our big guys this year too, Dalembert will help big time on D, that guy always killed the Bucks in the middle.

Post #14   10/11/12 3:46:43PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:807-565
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Still rooting for the Pistons surrounded by Knicks fans. I think the Pistons are still a few years and some draft picks and quality free agents away. Patience is starting to wear thin with Dumars. He needs to smarten up about the free agents. Hoping Monroe turns into a 20/10 player this year, Knight and Stuckey form a great backcourt and Drummond surprises all

Monroe should be great this year.

Post #15   10/11/12 4:39:58PM   

Page 1 of 28     1     2     3     4   >>