Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rumors swirling - plug being pulled on Strikeforce

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

So where does Womens mma move from here?

I think the UFC will have a 1 woman division(with a 2nd woman for 1 fight at a time) as long as Honda Housey keeps winning. They're going to take full advantage of the $$$ she can bring in.

Post #16   10/9/12 10:02:38AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:722-438
Chips:
This could be great for Bellator, they can pick the cream of the strikeforce crop.

Also I agree with Cowcatcher, Coker should go off and make a new org using his expertise

Post #17   10/9/12 5:11:49PM   

Samps

MMA Regular

Samps Avatar

Career:610-346
Chips:
Great news. I can't help but to see SF as a shackle for some good talent. Here's a proposal:
Take the majority of the SF roster, and the lower end of the UFC roster and do weekly "fight nights" on their FB page, same style as FB prelims. It's a win-win. We get fights, fighters get paid to fight. Really helps with exposure to not only the sport, but also the individual fighters. Also helps with long gaps between cards. This is also an opportunity for newer talent to prove their mettle and also an opportunity for fighters who have struggled in the UFC to get back on track. There is room for SF fighters to transition to the UFC, it's through live streams on their FB page

Post #18   10/9/12 6:49:12PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:860-491
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

This could be great for Bellator, they can pick the cream of the strikeforce crop.

Also I agree with Cowcatcher, Coker should go off and make a new org using his expertise

If SF does fold, I'm sure Zuffa still has the rights to the signed fighters, so UFC will get the cream of the crop.

Post #19   10/9/12 7:02:19PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2