Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Official Fantasy Football Sit 'Em/Start 'Em & Advice Thread

Print  
  Page 1 of 13     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:872-548
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Figured I'd start one up for anyone with roster dilemmas on their fantasy football team.

Here's my dilemma today. Matt Forte is probable against the Jags with a bum ankle. Michael Bush already vultures TD's from a 100% healthy Forte, but should I start Bush over Forte this week?

Post #1   10/7/12 11:45:31AM   

BelXavier420

Standup Guy

BelXavier420 Avatar

Career:857-609
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
With Jacksonville's terrible run defense I see Forte tearing it up. I would start him.

Post #2   10/7/12 12:12:37PM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Career:1,495-1,043
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
just don't play Mark Sanchez OR Tim Tebow and you should be good

i can't stand my Jets this year

Post #3   10/7/12 1:02:27PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I have a trade question to ask the pg'ers. I have Gronk and T. Gonzalez. I've started Gronk every week, but with the way Gonzalez, and Ryan are playing, I'm considering trading Gronk. Smart or dumb move?

Looking to get a rb in return. I have Mccoy, BGE, and D. Martin. I'm good on receivers, and ok at qb. No flex spot.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   10/7/12 4:02:51PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

I have a trade question to ask the pg'ers. I have Gronk and T. Gonzalez. I've started Gronk every week, but with the way Gonzalez, and Ryan are playing, I'm considering trading Gronk. Smart or dumb move?

Looking to get a rb in return. I have Mccoy, BGE, and D. Martin. I'm good on receivers, and ok at qb. No flex spot.

Makes sense to me. You could get a good RB if you offered BGW and Gronk for somelike like a J Charles.

I'm facing the same dilemma in another league. Have Matt Ryan and Drew Brees and may look to trade Brees for an elite RB/WR

Post #5   10/7/12 4:38:03PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

I'm facing the same dilemma in another league. Have Matt Ryan and Drew Brees and may look to trade Brees for an elite RB/WR

Last week I traded Rodgers and Jennings for Megatron and Steve Smith. Then he goes off for 7 TDs in 2 games after doing shit all first 3 weeks. Thankfully I have Matt Ryan as my new starter after sitting him for first 3 weeks and watching 25+ points sit on the bench.

Hasn't paid off for me yet (lost last week, won this week), but the other guy has lost both games and I leaped over him

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   10/8/12 7:31:57PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Hernandez is back so see what you can get for Gronk.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   10/8/12 7:33:37PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:909-516
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kopower

Hernandez is back so see what you can get for Gronk.

I would definitely look into trading Gronk, since Gonzo is playing like he's still 25 yrs old, plus you have Ryan so dbl points on TD's.

Post #8   10/9/12 4:55:41PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
Houston or Green Bay DST this week? They play each other. Or should I drop GB and pick up Miami (vs Rams), Buffalo (vs Cardinals), Cinci (vs Browns), or Tampa (vs KC)?

I'm already using either Quinn or Cassel in my QB #2 spot so I need all the help I can get

Post #9   10/9/12 8:43:30PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Houston or Green Bay DST this week? They play each other. Or should I drop GB and pick up Miami (vs Rams), Buffalo (vs Cardinals), Cinci (vs Browns), or Tampa (vs KC)?

I'm already using either Quinn or Cassel in my QB #2 spot so I need all the help I can get

I'd start Houston D/ST. Green Bay hasn't scored more than Chicago OR Detroit this season

Post #10   10/9/12 9:49:20PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Chips:
Need a QB since Brees is on Bye and Locker is still hurt.

Options are, Weeden vs. Cinci, Palmer vs. ATL, Tannehill vs. STL, Hasslebeck vs. Pit, Kolb vs. Buff, Quinn vs. Tampa, and Sanchez vs. Indy

Kolb sticks out to me because of the horrible horrible defense Buffalo is playing, plus the Cards are down a few RB's forcing Kolb to throw more. I just have a feeling that it's gonna be a statement game by Buffalo here.

Also don't really see Hass. or Palmer doing anything versus those two Defenses.

Post #11   10/10/12 3:42:32PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Options are, Weeden vs. Cinci, Palmer vs. ATL, Tannehill vs. STL, Hasslebeck vs. Pit, Kolb vs. Buff, Quinn vs. Tampa, and Sanchez vs. Indy

Kolb sticks out to me because of the horrible horrible defense Buffalo is playing, plus the Cards are down a few RB's forcing Kolb to throw more. I just have a feeling that it's gonna be a statement game by Buffalo here.

As much as I hate to say it, my Bucs' pass defense is weak. Giving up almost 350 yds thru the air per game. If Quinn has a breakout game this week, itll be this one.

Post #12   10/10/12 4:11:43PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by BuffaloDave

As much as I hate to say it, my Bucs' pass defense is weak. Giving up almost 350 yds thru the air per game. If Quinn has a breakout game this week, itll be this one.

I am strongly considering him, wanted Freeman too, as KC does give up passing TD's, but someone scooped him up earlier.

Post #13   10/10/12 4:41:39PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
initially I would say Palmer because they will be in such a deep hole early that he will need to pass a lot. But Kolb would be my pick. Buffalo hasn't had a statement game defensively since they played Washington in week 7 last year...I'm pretty sure Kolb can put up at least 230 yards with 2 TDs with maybe a pick. Decent #s for a 1 game starter.

Has Cassel been ruled out yet? Last I heard it's still speculative

Last edited 10/10/12 7:42PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   10/10/12 7:41:52PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

initially I would say Palmer because they will be in such a deep hole early that he will need to pass a lot. But Kolb would be my pick. Buffalo hasn't had a statement game defensively since they played Washington in week 7 last year...I'm pretty sure Kolb can put up at least 230 yards with 2 TDs with maybe a pick. Decent #s for a 1 game starter.

Has Cassel been ruled out yet? Last I heard it's still speculative

ATL's D is pretty nasty though, it's definitely a roll of the dice with Palmer on any given Sunday.

Cassel still hasn't been cleared to practice yet, so it seems like he will most likely sit, plus they have a bye next week, so they might just go safe route and give him the extra week to rest and let's them see what Quinn's got just in case they had any QB speculation, since Cassel really hasn't done jack this season.

Post #15   10/10/12 9:05:56PM   

Page 1 of 13     1     2     3     4   >>