Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on FX 5 results and analysis - Browne injures knee, gets mauled by Bigfoot

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

Posted by airkerma

Ah I see, thanks. Yes if I was to think of flashy kicks browne would probably be near the bottom of the list...maybe a few ranks above big country.

It was stuff like this (impressive for a heavyweight):

What happened in his fight is probably why guys weighting over 220 dont typically do that. Impressive acrobatic ability but none of it came close to landing either.

His high front kicks always impressed me.

Post #16   10/6/12 12:50:08PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
Rashad," Oh man Travis is Drunk Drving!"

Seriously though, BIGFOOT STOP HURTING MY FAVORITE HW'S. First you Break Cain's and DC's Hand's now you shred Hapa's knee/leg! I would be afraid to get in the Octagon with Bigfoot, seem's he IS THE UFC INJURY BUG. lol

Post #17   10/6/12 12:58:33PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,250-1,376
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
It was a shame to see Bigfoot win the way he did, but I think he would of won either way, knee injury or not. Lets hope these two have their passes cross down the road, and we can see a rematch.

Post #18   10/6/12 2:28:53PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't think Browne's knee can be used as an excuse for the loss. It happened DURING the fight and not BEFORE.

I said the same thing when Faber made all those excuses about his broken hands. Maybe you should learn how to punch then?

Post #19   10/6/12 3:18:37PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by isk

Didn't even know about that discussion, but spoilers are a reasonable concern. I'll keep my titles neutral from here on.

It's called News, not Olds.

Stay out of here if you haven't seen it. Pretty simple really.

Post #20   10/6/12 3:28:39PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by DancingDoll

Posted by airkerma

Ah I see, thanks. Yes if I was to think of flashy kicks browne would probably be near the bottom of the list...maybe a few ranks above big country.

It was stuff like this (impressive for a heavyweight):

Those popsicle sticks though...could be a big problem moving forward.

Post #21   10/6/12 3:31:24PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I don't think Browne's knee can be used as an excuse for the loss. It happened DURING the fight and not BEFORE.

I said the same thing when Faber made all those excuses about his broken hands. Maybe you should learn how to punch then?

Doesnt mean its not an excuse. Bigfoot did nothing to hurt that knee and it was obviously the injury that took Browne out of the fight. It's also valid when somone breaks a fist but its a little different imo than a knee or shin.

Post #22   10/6/12 5:05:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

Rashad," Oh man Travis is Drunk Drving!"

Seriously though, BIGFOOT STOP HURTING MY FAVORITE HW'S. First you Break Cain's and DC's Hand's now you shred Hapa's knee/leg! I would be afraid to get in the Octagon with Bigfoot, seem's he IS THE UFC INJURY BUG. lol

DC is in Strikeforce

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #23   10/6/12 5:35:18PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by bjj1605

Doesnt mean its not an excuse. Bigfoot did nothing to hurt that knee and it was obviously the injury that took Browne out of the fight. It's also valid when somone breaks a fist but its a little different imo than a knee or shin.

I think it's a reason but not an excuse. Obviously it's the reason that he lost the fight. It was also sort of a freak accident. But there's at least a decent chance that its his own fault for the kinds of techniques he was throwing.

I'm a fan of Browne and I hope he gets better. All I'm saying is that he lost fair and square.

Post #24   10/6/12 10:35:36PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by bjj1605

I think it's a reason but not an excuse. Obviously it's the reason that he lost the fight. It was also sort of a freak accident. But there's at least a decent chance that its his own fault for the kinds of techniques he was throwing.

I'm a fan of Browne and I hope he gets better. All I'm saying is that he lost fair and square.

If you think Cote lost fair and square against Anderson then I would agree with your definition of fair and square.

Post #25   10/6/12 11:26:11PM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:
I think Bigfoot would have eventually iced him if his legs were 100%.

Post #26   10/7/12 2:30:12PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I agree ^

I think Big Foot just looked a lot better, i have never really found Browne to be that technically sound with his stance, and strikes. He looked terrible, yeah... it could have been his bad knee, but he looked god awful with his movement, and his defense.

I picked him to win, but as soon as that bell rang i immediately regretted it.

Post #27   10/8/12 2:09:04PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2