Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

4-6 PPV a year?

Print  
How many PPV should the UFC do a year?
1-3 2 9%
4-6 8 35%
7-9 5 22%
10-12 6 26%
13 or more 2 9%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by JLS1980

I like the idea of 6 or 7 PPV's myself. Just as long as the PPV's are stacked kind of how UFC 148&153 were suppose to be before all the injuries.
I do think the more events the better though. Like what we are going through right now, 4 UFC events in 4 weeks (UFC 152, Fuel Nottingham, FX 5, and UFC 153). I feel spoiled right now. After that we have to wait another month between events until Fuel Macao.
It just seems like sometimes the free shows are better than the PPV's. Not only on how they turn out but on paper leading into the event. I say just put together the 6 or 7 sweet PPV cards and keep feeding us FX, Fox and Fuel events like usual.
But I'm not sure what the terms are of the whole Fox, Fx, and Fuel airings. Like I mentioned I think the more overall events the better. The UFC has the roster for it, but if less PPV's mean less overall events well then I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

I think there are too many events right now. I used to be up on every single fight that was going on now I have no clue who half of the guys are. I think they tried to grow up too fast. Look at UFC 154 you take GSP Condit off that card and its no better then any of these free fights just passed or coming up. We NEVER get stacked cards any more.

Posted by ghandikush
I dont want Fox MMA I want the UFC hosted on Fox and tbh if most of their money is made through Fox's name Fox becomes their boss, much like the difference between being a free enterprising Cab driver and being employed by a cab service.

NFL seems to be doing just fine on Fox. They also talk about a roumor that Fox is kicking the idea of a rival to NBC sports and ESPN. If they had the UFC in that they would clearly have something others don't.

Fox already is showing UFC events and rivaling other networks. NFL is a product of TV and not at all like the model that other sports use. For instance, Bellator makes sense to be a TV product but we're dealing with independent matchups rather than predetermined tourneys etc. There is a freedom in fightsports not at all related to orthodox sports.

Post #16   10/4/12 6:50:07PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by postman

I think there are too many events right now. I used to be up on every single fight that was going on now I have no clue who half of the guys are. I think they tried to grow up too fast. Look at UFC 154 you take GSP Condit off that card and its no better then any of these free fights just passed or coming up. We NEVER get stacked cards any more.

Well I did say 6 or 7 PPV's so that way they are stacked. And most people will know who those fighters are.

I said more overall events. And yeah I don't mind trying to follow/keep up with these fighters. There are 356 fighters that make up the 8 weight divisons in the UFC.
If there are less events it wouldn't make any sense to have a deep roster like that. Either fight them or get rid of them.
The UFC is actually pretty easy to keep up with in comparison to the Secondary League. I like doing that too. This is just my opinion and I guess there's diifferent strokes for different folks.

Yeah I don't know. There are too many guys under UFC contract that just shouldn't be there. I wouldn't mind if they had them fighting on free cards but something has to be done about these watered down PPV's. I used to buy them all because they had star power. Cards like 151 was a joke and there reason it was put down was there was no star power. Everyone says I hope the UFC doesn't become boxing..............Well look around its starting to happen cards are less and less stacked. Remember UFC 68 Prelims featured fighters like Hamill, Fitch, Tibau, and Varner. The Main card was Kampmann vs McFedries, Sobral vs Lambert, Hughes vs Lytle, Franklin vs MacDonald, Sylvia vs Couture? Thats what I want to see more of.

Dude I couldn't agree more. You stop paying attention a little bit because you have other things going on in your life, you turn around and there is a flood of new blood in the UFC. I find it very difficult to keep up with all of the up and comers and have a life. No offense to anyone who REALLY keeps up with all the fighters, I just don't have the patience to watch that much mma I think.

Post #17   10/4/12 7:09:01PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,675-1,417
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i love seeing 12 or so ppv a year but i also believe they need to stack the damm main cards each time
and have the fuel and fx cards for lower tier cummers or fighters not well known
they wont ever do just 4 or so a year
creed consumes us all especially ufc

Post #18   10/4/12 9:49:45PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:966-602
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

lower tier cummers

Last edited 10/4/12 9:51PM server time by jakewalters
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   10/4/12 9:51:40PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,582-968
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
I'd like to see as many as possible, even if it forced some to be 2nd tier events. From a fan's perspective that will dilute the product, but from the fighters' perspective it makes it easier to make a living as a full-time fighter.

Post #20   10/8/12 9:47:10AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2