Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Stephan Bonnar readies himself for Anderson Silva, possibility of becoming a father on Oct. 13

Print  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
LAS VEGAS – Andrea Bonnar laughs nervously as she thinks of the correct word to describe what she expects her emotions will be on the night of Oct. 13.

Her husband, Stephan Bonnar, will fight Anderson Silva before more than 18,000 rabid Brazilians that night in Rio de Janeiro in the main event of UFC 153.

Her younger sister, Cassandra Brown, will be getting married that day in the Bahamas.

And Andrea Bonnar, herself, will be in the 38th week of her pregnancy. There is a very real chance that while her husband is fighting the greatest mixed martial arts fighter of all-time and her sister is in a vacation paradise with the rest of the family tying the knot, she'll be alone in her Las Vegas home hoping her first child doesn't decide it's time.

"I'm terrified [the baby will come that night]," she said. "I'm scared to death to have the baby, period, let alone without him being here with me."

Andrea Bonnar isn't due until Oct. 30, but was told by her doctor that the child could arrive anywhere between the 38th and 41st weeks.

The timing meant she'd have to miss her sister's wedding, which was a downer, but at least she'd have her husband with her.

On the night of Sept. 12, that all changed.

link

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   10/2/12 8:20:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
add another fighter to the list who turned down the Glover fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   10/2/12 8:20:42PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

add another fighter to the list who turned down the Glover fight

Yup, and this is a perfect example of why turning down a fight does NOT mean you're sacred to fight the guy.

Which guys is scarier:

Anderson Silva (P4P Greatest Fighter of All Time)

or

Glover Texiera (Promising Looking New Comer)

I can just about guarantee you that Bonnar feels he would have a better chance against Glover. That's not the point. It's about risk vs reward. All the fighters who have turned down the fight have said the same thing. "He's a tough fighter but I wouldn't gain anything by beating him. It's high risk and low reward."

Really the UFC is to blame for all the guys turning down Glover. They shouldn't be trying to move him up so quickly. None of the casual fans know who the hell he is anyway. Putting him in a co-main event type fight would be useless because he has no drawing power.

He needs to fight another journeyman on a main card or (even better) a Fox card. Then start looking for higher ranked opponents.

Post #3   10/3/12 1:40:27AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605
Yup, and this is a perfect example of why turning down a fight does NOT mean you're sacred to fight the guy.

Which guys is scarier:

Anderson Silva (P4P Greatest Fighter of All Time)

or

Glover Texiera (Promising Looking New Comer)

I can just about guarantee you that Bonnar feels he would have a better chance against Glover. That's not the point. It's about risk vs reward. All the fighters who have turned down the fight have said the same thing. "He's a tough fighter but I wouldn't gain anything by beating him. It's high risk and low reward."

Really the UFC is to blame for all the guys turning down Glover. They shouldn't be trying to move him up so quickly. None of the casual fans know who the hell he is anyway. Putting him in a co-main event type fight would be useless because he has no drawing power.

He needs to fight another journeyman on a main card or (even better) a Fox card. Then start looking for higher ranked opponents.

agree with 99% of this....Fedor is the p4p GOAT

Post #4   10/3/12 9:31:43AM