Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana Strikes Deal With Jon Jones: Will No Longer Talk Bad About Coach Jackson

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
link
“I sat down with Jon Jones and we talked, I made a deal with Jon,” White said. “I’m not going to say anything about Greg Jackson [anymore]. I think you guys know my opinion and how I feel. It hasn’t changed.

Post #1   10/2/12 10:37:39AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Was the deal, I won't talk about Coach Jackson anymore if you finally step up and take a fight when this organize is in trouble? If so, good deal Dana.

Post #2   10/2/12 11:58:26AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,481
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Was the deal, I won't talk about Coach Jackson anymore if you finally step up and take a fight when this organize is in trouble? If so, good deal Dana.

Well he did step up and take a fight....although that was before he was champ

Post #3   10/2/12 12:25:43PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
the best way to cement jones' legacy is for him to fight anybody anytime. he's kind of competing against chucks legacy IMO (even though we all know thats impossible to beat). he keeps saying he wants to be the greatest of all time but there is more to just winning all his fights. i think thats why anderson has gotten criticism.

Post #4   10/2/12 12:53:34PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

He keeps saying he wants to be the greatest of all time but there is more to just winning all his fights.

How do you mean? I feel like if a guy wrecks every person who is still fighting that has had the belt and anyone else who comes after it. We will have to crown him GOAT like it or not.

Post #5   10/2/12 12:57:50PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

He keeps saying he wants to be the greatest of all time but there is more to just winning all his fights.

How do you mean? I feel like if a guy wrecks every person who is still fighting that has had the belt and anyone else who comes after it. We will have to crown him GOAT like it or not.

I have to agree with postman here.

You're already seeing this effect. Jon Jones has very few fans right now but just about everyone has him in the top 3 P4P.

Maybe you meant to say he'll never be an "all time favorite" or something like that?

Post #6   10/2/12 1:07:57PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Chips:
Dana White: "’m not going to say anything about Greg Jackson [anymore]."

Dana White three sentences later: "I do think Jon Jones’ arm would be feeling a lot better right now if he didn’t listen to Greg Jackson."

Post #7   10/2/12 1:10:19PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Dana White: "’m not going to say anything about Greg Jackson [anymore]."

Dana White three sentences later: "I do think Jon Jones’ arm would be feeling a lot better right now if he didn’t listen to Greg Jackson."

lol...yeah "That's all I'm going to say about it." Right...until he gets crazy pissed off again.

Even if he does stick to his pledge, it's in Zuffa's best interest to not be publicly bashing the (preeminent) coaches. Have a word with them in private if you want to go on a tirade.

Post #8   10/2/12 1:33:47PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

as along as he doesn't become like may"not"weather, yes he is undefeated but will forever be remember for not fighting packman and just how he conducted himself and hand picked his fighters vs how brilliant of a defense fighter he was. that is what i think tcunningham is talking about.

there is more to just winning when you are taking about all time greats as jones says he wants to be.

Post #9   10/2/12 1:43:18PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

as along as he doesn't become like may"not"weather, yes he is undefeated but will forever be remember for not fighting packman and just how he conducted himself and hand picked his fighters vs how brilliant of a defense fighter he was. that is what i think tcunningham is talking about.

there is more to just winning when you are taking about all time greats as jones says he wants to be.

Vitor Belfort
Rashad Evans
Lyoto Machida
Quinton Jackson
Mauricio Rua
Ryan Bader
Vladimir Matyushenko
Brandon Vera
Matt Hamill
Jake O'Brien
Stephan Bonnar
Andre Gusmao

Thats one hell of a hand picked list

Post #10   10/2/12 2:44:22PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
HA! - - - Jackson is NOT a coach, he is a $$$ MANAGER $$$ of fighters.

Post #11   10/2/12 3:26:33PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Manak

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

Vitor Belfort
Rashad Evans
Lyoto Machida
Quinton Jackson
Mauricio Rua
Ryan Bader
Vladimir Matyushenko
Brandon Vera
Matt Hamill
Jake O'Brien
Stephan Bonnar
Andre Gusmao

Thats one hell of a hand picked list

i said as long as he doesn't turn into mayweather and then explained mayweather's faults not jones. like i said in my post, jones talks about being an all time great & compare to why winning isn't everything by using mayweather as an example.

jones is well on to his way to legend status but he could tarnish it by acting like mayweather

Post #12   10/2/12 3:42:17PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

the best way to cement jones' legacy is for him to fight anybody anytime. he's kind of competing against chucks legacy IMO (even though we all know thats impossible to beat). he keeps saying he wants to be the greatest of all time but there is more to just winning all his fights. i think thats why anderson has gotten criticism.

He already is the greatest of all time.

Look at the opponents he has faced and destroyed.

Fact.

Post #13   10/2/12 3:43:33PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

I have to agree with postman here.

You're already seeing this effect. Jon Jones has very few fans right now but just about everyone has him in the top 3 P4P.

Maybe you meant to say he'll never be an "all time favorite" or something like that?

I was sitting around thinking what makes #1 P4P....and finally heres my take....I think a #1 P4P must be well-rounded in all areas...No glaring weaknessess...

Thats why I have Jones as #1 and not Silva.....Silvas does not have good wreslting or takedown defense for a good wrestler...

Jones has no glaring weakness...As of right now I would take his skill set against any other fighter in MMA...

Post #14   10/2/12 5:18:52PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,051-1,270
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
It almost seems like Jones is the first person ever to have Dana by the balls. I would have expected Dana to remain a hard ass since he essentially could control the career of anyone in MMA

Post #15   10/2/12 8:50:43PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2