Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Forrest Griffin Fails Drug Test for Anderson Silva (Xanax)

Print  
Posted By Message

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/10/01/forrest-griffin-fails-drug-test-after-taking-xanax-ufc-news-37822.html

"Referring to his bout opposite Anderson Silva in UFC 101, Forrest Griffin told MMA Hour. “I failed my drug test I think for Xanax. I had a doctor’s prescription, I was just, I didn’t do it before the fight, I did it the night before, I was nervous and I couldn’t sleep.” Griffin makes no mention of a suspension period and was seen opposite Tito Ortiz at UFC 106, 3 months later. Neither t he Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission nor the UFC did not release the failed urinalysis."

Im surprised this never came out but wtf is he thinking taking bars before a fight even with a prescription.

Post #1   10/1/12 9:43:07PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,266-824
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Interesting

Nothing can be done now though......or can they

Post #2   10/1/12 10:36:28PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Forrest has been sleep walking his whole career....soooo, what will Forrest take before the Chael fight? Horse tranquilizer?

Get some sleep Forrest for the 29th of December (only on PPV), it won't do you any good, but get it any way.

If ya want some good quality sleep, read YOUR book.

Last edited 10/1/12 10:47PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   10/1/12 10:46:20PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Pressure is on Chael_Sonnen for a homerun comment here....

Post #4   10/1/12 10:46:50PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
this really just confuses me. why now?

Post #5   10/1/12 11:17:32PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,573-914
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

If ya want some good quality sleep, read YOUR book.

I actually love both of his books.

One of the few times I've laughed out loud while reading was while reading his book.

Post #6   10/1/12 11:58:00PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,335-1,232
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He took the Xanax the night before...has nothing to do with him shitting the bed against Anderson.

Post #7   10/2/12 9:17:44AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

He took the Xanax the night before...has nothing to do with him shitting the bed against Anderson.

New MMA term, "shitting the bed"

Post #8   10/2/12 9:32:22AM   

Coolhand37

MMA Regular

Coolhand37 Avatar

Career:1,388-1,441
Camp: Brazilian Beatdown
Chips:
Forrest has already beat Chael Sonnen.....Sonnen is a rank 2 middleweight with mediocre jui jitsu skills, he is an awesome wrestler and ground and pounder.....decent stand up, decent rounded skills and better than average skills, he out toughs and out hustles his opponents........against forrest he will be the weaker and less skilled opponent, he has to take it to the ground and contain a sidemount throughout the fight like his life depends on it and hit forrest with hammer fists on the ground, if he cant do this he will lose, if he stands with forrest for too long he will lose horribly. he has to pound out a decision in side and north south positions in forrest's guard he's gonna get caught.
Forrest should stay of the drugs.....taking xanax or whatever shows he had no chance to beat silva.
I like both these fighters so it's like watching two fsvorites fight. don't care who wins but i consider chael to be the light heavyweight champion of the world after jon wimped out to fight him. when a champ blatantly refuses a challenge to maintain a ufc event it shows he's scared and in my book is no longer champion.........this is a title match to me, i dont give a dam about judges or politics its about balls and the truth!!
This is the true light heavyweight championship title fight!!

Post #9   10/2/12 12:32:02PM   

BelXavier420

Standup Guy

BelXavier420 Avatar

Career:860-612
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I think pills affect me more then most but that is what I hate the most about Xanax, feeling like shit the entire next day. Either way it seems like a bad idea to me.

Post #10   10/2/12 2:18:13PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

Forrest has already beat Chael Sonnen.....Sonnen is a rank 2 middleweight with mediocre jui jitsu skills, he is an awesome wrestler and ground and pounder.....decent stand up, decent rounded skills and better than average skills, he out toughs and out hustles his opponents........against forrest he will be the weaker and less skilled opponent, he has to take it to the ground and contain a sidemount throughout the fight like his life depends on it and hit forrest with hammer fists on the ground, if he cant do this he will lose, if he stands with forrest for too long he will lose horribly. he has to pound out a decision in side and north south positions in forrest's guard he's gonna get caught.
Forrest should stay of the drugs.....taking xanax or whatever shows he had no chance to beat silva.
I like both these fighters so it's like watching two fsvorites fight. don't care who wins but i consider chael to be the light heavyweight champion of the world after jon wimped out to fight him. when a champ blatantly refuses a challenge to maintain a ufc event it shows he's scared and in my book is no longer champion.........this is a title match to me, i dont give a dam about judges or politics its about balls and the truth!!
This is the true light heavyweight championship title fight!!

The occasional hit of the 'ENTER' key would be suffice.

Last edited 10/2/12 3:27PM server time by chael_sonnen

Post #11   10/2/12 2:58:10PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I disagree. For one there is no way any of can say it didn't affect him. Also didn't Forrest do something bazzar after he came to? Maybe he wasn't mentaly fit to be fighting. Last Greg Serb acts like some king shit AC head then he lets this happen? I have delt with him in the past, complete Jerk off.

Last edited 10/3/12 12:24PM server time by postman

Post #12   10/3/12 12:23:49PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by emfleek

I disagree. For one there is no way any of can say it didn't affect him. Also didn't Forrest do something bazzar after he came to? Maybe he wasn't mentaly fit to be fighting. Last Greg Serb acts like some king shit AC head then he lets this happen? I have delt with him in the past, complete Jerk off.

Maybe. I think maybe having just been a champion and getting severely embarrassed/ exposed by a MW at your biggest strength would be a mindfuck.

Forrest looked like he didnt know what to do when he realized he couldnt land anything.

Post #13   10/3/12 9:41:10PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,583-1,321
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Xanny's stay in your system about 4-6 hours, at most a half life of 6-12 if you pop them regularly, but there could still be after-effects the next day and usually Xanax after-effects would be exactly what you originally took it for in the first place. The endless cycle.

Post #14   10/6/12 3:11:03AM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:789-381
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BelXavier420

Posted by emfleek

I think pills affect me more then most but that is what I hate the most about Xanax, feeling like shit the entire next day. Either way it seems like a bad idea to me.

So true. Xanax would be the last thing I'd want to take before a fight. I have another version of sleeping pills that I take sometimes. They're already at the lowest dose and I still split them in half, and still feel groggy the next day.

Post #15   10/6/12 10:20:51AM