Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The BlueSkiesBurn Appreciation Thread

Print  
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
USC SUCKS. SEC > PAC-12

(if that doesn't get him to come back, nothing will)

Last edited 10/1/12 9:34AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   10/1/12 9:33:21AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
...and Josh really is a good dude. Just passionate about his beliefs/interests. He's like Notre Dame football in the sense that there really is no middle ground; you either like him or you don't. Either way, he's good for the sport even though shamrocks are gay.

Last edited 10/1/12 9:39AM server time by emfleek

Post #32   10/1/12 9:38:12AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by BelXavier420

Posted by Poor_Franklin

My favorite trolls on this site are the ones who don't know they're trolls.

Making threads calling out other members = TROLL
Posting in threads just to be an asshole to a member on the site = TROLL
Saying stupid/assholish comments just to get a rise out of people = TROLL
Taking up for trolls in threads, not bc you like them or agree with them, but just so you can take out your personal vendetta against others on the site = TROLL

What about making a list of what you think qualifies as a "TROLL"?

Trolls cant be unintentional for the most part, and are simply derogatory personalisms that can be used without recourse.

Stupid posters do not equal trolls. Pretty much the only troll on here is C_S.

You all can give Smasher all the hate in the world because he has a pseudo gangster avatar and feels the need to type slang for some god awful reason..... But dude is not a troll, just unpopular, has strong views, and cant phrase his shit the right way.

Apparently you have to always agree, disagree politely, and overall give handjobs for about a year till you become one of the pack, then you can post similarly exaggerated shit to what smasher does and not catch flack from anyone. Ive seen you all gangflame posters constantly if they have no reputation and bring an unpopular point to the table.

The only difference between these people is theyre less refined than BSB so lets get some respect all around and stop calling posters trolls just because they are unpopular. It's like fucking highschool.

Last edited 10/1/12 10:31AM server time by ghandikush
3 total post edits

Post #33   10/1/12 10:28:13AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I was a fan of him, he was entertaining. I hope he comes back.

Post #34   10/1/12 10:31:56AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by BelXavier420

Posted by Poor_Franklin

My favorite trolls on this site are the ones who don't know they're trolls.

Making threads calling out other members = TROLL
Posting in threads just to be an asshole to a member on the site = TROLL
Saying stupid/assholish comments just to get a rise out of people = TROLL
Taking up for trolls in threads, not bc you like them or agree with them, but just so you can take out your personal vendetta against others on the site = TROLL

Trolls cant be unintentional for the most part, and are simply derogatory personalisms that can be used without recourse.

You all can give Smasher all the hate in the world because he has a pseudo gangster avatar and feels the need to type slang for some god awful reason..... But dude is not a troll, just unpopular, has strong views, and cant phrase his shit the right way.

Apparently you have to always agree, disagree politely, and overall give handjobs for about a year till you become one of the pack, then you can post similarly exaggerated shit to what smasher does and not catch flack from anyone. Ive seen you all gangflame posters constantly if they have no reputation and bring an unpopular point to the table.

The only difference between these people is theyre less refined than BSB so lets get some respect all around and stop calling posters trolls just because they are unpopular. It's like fucking highschool.

+10000000

Post #35   10/1/12 10:41:50AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BelXavier420

If me making a list of certain commonly known troll characteristics without calling out anyone in particular makes you call me a troll, that is fine. You know why? Bc I don't care. I don't know you. I have no attachment to your opinion or give 2 fucks how you feel about me. When I close my laptop, I go back to my real life & deal with real trolls that actually have an affect on my everyday life.

As for Shawn, I'm really glad you are taking up for Vikingr & Kingsmasher, especially if you feel they are mistreated. That means you have obviously turned nice after repeatedly bashing & trashing KFM. Good for you buddy! I am very proud of you & it goes to show you really can be a nice guy after all.

Uhh you do know that KFM was the only one to take it to a personal level countless times, was the one who got banned and warned as well. He gave it just as well. Just saying

very aware he gave it.

did KFM start it with you? maybe. i dont know & never cared enough to find out. But since we're talking about maybes, maybe kingsmasher or vikingr (only named bc you mentioned them earlier) started shit with other posters on the site. maybe they sent a rude PM no one knows about. Maybe they took it to a personal level by calling them an idiot in multiple threads & they got sick of it & the others felt the need to retaliate, something you would do on occasion w/ kfm.

The whole "He started it" argument on here is ridiculous. How is what you did w/ KFM & what these guys are doing w/ kingsmasher any different? I don't know, but it doesnt seem to matter now bc you are on the other side of the fence taking up for those guys, which I said I was happy about.

I love this site & get so sick of seeing posts & threads made with no intent other than being mean. Just saying.

Post #36   10/1/12 11:22:43AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

While I agree with some of the stuff you've said here, I don't think you're correct in assuming that you have to kiss ass around here and be around for a year to become one of the pack. If someone new comes to the site and they are seemingly intelligent, levelheaded and have a good sense of humor they tend to gain the respect of the other members almost instantly. The people that don't are the folks that bitch and moan, say that fighter A would definitely kick fighter B's ass, or go against the grain just for the sake if being argumentative. Those kind of people not only don't do well on the forums, but they aren't the kind of people most people want to hang out with in their real lives. This isn't an "Old Boys' Club", but a lot of us have known each other for a few years at least on here and that's kind of how life works, if you know someone a while you tend to give them more slack when they say something ridiculous than a person you just met. I don't see this as a super cliquey place, just one where old "friendships" have been established and new members are sometimes scrutinized for thinking this is a forum like Sherdog or almost any other place on the net and posting things that are regularly said in those places that don't fly here. Just my .02.

Post #37   10/1/12 12:07:13PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BelXavier420

If me making a list of certain commonly known troll characteristics without calling out anyone in particular makes you call me a troll, that is fine. You know why? Bc I don't care. I don't know you. I have no attachment to your opinion or give 2 fucks how you feel about me. When I close my laptop, I go back to my real life & deal with real trolls that actually have an affect on my everyday life.

As for Shawn, I'm really glad you are taking up for Vikingr & Kingsmasher, especially if you feel they are mistreated. That means you have obviously turned nice after repeatedly bashing & trashing KFM. Good for you buddy! I am very proud of you & it goes to show you really can be a nice guy after all.

Uhh you do know that KFM was the only one to take it to a personal level countless times, was the one who got banned and warned as well. He gave it just as well. Just saying

very aware he gave it.

did KFM start it with you? maybe. i dont know & never cared enough to find out. But since we're talking about maybes, maybe kingsmasher or vikingr (only named bc you mentioned them earlier) started shit with other posters on the site. maybe they sent a rude PM no one knows about. Maybe they took it to a personal level by calling them an idiot in multiple threads & they got sick of it & the others felt the need to retaliate, something you would do on occasion w/ kfm.

The whole "He started it" argument on here is ridiculous. How is what you did w/ KFM & what these guys are doing w/ kingsmasher any different? I don't know, but it doesnt seem to matter now bc you are on the other side of the fence taking up for those guys, which I said I was happy about.

I love this site & get so sick of seeing posts & threads made with no intent other than being mean. Just saying.

I didnt see you in the call out threads that C_S did to Kingsmasher or Viking. Just saying

Post #38   10/1/12 12:38:07PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BelXavier420

very aware he gave it.

I didnt see you in the call out threads that C_S did to Kingsmasher or Viking. Just saying

Me & Jesus have 2 things in common:
1. You may not see me, but I'm always there
2. Sweet beards

Post #39   10/1/12 12:43:55PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BelXavier420

very aware he gave it.

2. Sweet beards

^^^ truth

Post #40   10/1/12 2:11:15PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Blueskisburn: "I have a degree in Sociology, everything you have to say is irrelevant compared to what I say"

Last edited 10/1/12 3:29PM server time by cooler

Post #41   10/1/12 3:29:27PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by BelXavier420

very aware he gave it.

2. Sweet beards

And Santa has those same two things in common

Post #42   10/1/12 3:30:37PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
First, I appreciate the honesty from individuals as much as I appreciate the kind words. It was never my intention to make anyone on these forums feel dumb. As Fleek stated, I am a very passionate person about things and I do have a different lease on life than other people.

For whatever it's worth, I am not the entitled frat boy that some people believe. I did grow up in Orange County, but my mother gave me up at a very early age and I spent of time in the foster care system and in out-of-state group homes. I spent the majority of my adult life making mistake after mistake and didn't really get a handle on my life until my late 20's. Having the key thrown away on you as a kid messed with my head a little and lead to some poor life choices.

I've argued with people as far back as I can remember and I will be the first to admit that I make it very difficult to get a word in edge-wise. It's something I have actively been working on as a man, later in life. Additionally, as far back as I can remember, my arguments have always been over sports. I won't even pretend that I allow people to get many thoughts in during a sporting argument. Again, it's something I have been addressing in my personal life.

As for Kingsmasher & VikingR, I don't even know enough those guys to care one way or the next. Admittedly, you're the only person who gets under my skin, Shawn. For whatever reason, you and I do not get along. You can sit here and say that you don't care one way or the next, but you care enough to poke at me and I care enough to respond to you. Personally, I think it's because we are more similar than either of us would like to admit. We just go about it in different ways.

The reason I left was simple: It wasn't fun to be on the site anymore.

I'm not pointing fingers or absolving myself of anything by saying that, it's just the reality. The specifics don't matter as much as the fact that my being on the site was more problematic than beneficial. That goes both ways.

I didn't really want to be on here anymore and I am perfectly aware that many people were happy to see me go. The separation was mutually beneficial for myself and the members of the Playground.

I wanted to do what was in the best interest of the Playground. Which, really, is all I care about. For all my faults, I really have tried to make this a more enjoyable place for people. I have tried to bring different things to the Playground and give people more interactive ways of enjoying MMA. Honestly, I did it for you guys.

Doing the podcast was an absolute chore. Gartface and Fleek will tell you the same thing. I won't lie and say that I didn't have a fantastic time, but it was by no means an easy thing to do on a weekly basis. I just wanted to give back to the Playground for all that I had gotten out of it.

I have made some very real friendships on this site. People that I text, call, and chat with on a regular basis. As for the clickish thing, I wanted everyone to get the same thing out of the Playground. So, if you are sitting there thinking that I don't WANT to get along with you because you're not part of the "in-crowd," that's not the case.

I'd rather have more solid friendships than less. I enjoy having friends all over the globe because it gives you reasons to go places and new things to experience. I can honestly say that I would rather have more people posting than less.

For whatever it's worth, I apologize to those I offended. This site is meant to serve as a community and if I ever made anyone feel like they weren't part of that community, I am sorry.

Take 'er easy.

Post #43   10/1/12 3:40:49PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

First, I appreciate the honesty from individuals as much as I appreciate the kind words. It was never my intention to make anyone on these forums feel dumb. As Fleek stated, I am a very passionate person about things and I do have a different lease on life than other people.

For whatever it's worth, I am not the entitled frat boy that some people believe. I did grow up in Orange County, but my mother gave me up at a very early age and I spent of time in the foster care system and in out-of-state group homes. I spent the majority of my adult life making mistake after mistake and didn't really get a handle on my life until my late 20's. Having the key thrown away on you as a kid messed with my head a little and lead to some poor life choices.

I've argued with people as far back as I can remember and I will be the first to admit that I make it very difficult to get a word in edge-wise. It's something I have actively been working on as a man, later in life. Additionally, as far back as I can remember, my arguments have always been over sports. I won't even pretend that I allow people to get many thoughts in during a sporting argument. Again, it's something I have been addressing in my personal life.

As for Kingsmasher & VikingR, I don't even know enough those guys to care one way or the next. Admittedly, you're the only person who gets under my skin, Shawn. For whatever reason, you and I do not get along. You can sit here and say that you don't care one way or the next, but you care enough to poke at me and I care enough to respond to you. Personally, I think it's because we are more similar than either of us would like to admit. We just go about it in different ways.

I'm not pointing fingers or absolving myself of anything by saying that, it's just the reality. The specifics don't matter as much as the fact that my being on the site was more problematic than beneficial. That goes both ways.

I didn't really want to be on here anymore and I am perfectly aware that many people were happy to see me go. The separation was mutually beneficial for myself and the members of the Playground.

I wanted to do what was in the best interest of the Playground. Which, really, is all I care about. For all my faults, I really have tried to make this a more enjoyable place for people. I have tried to bring different things to the Playground and give people more interactive ways of enjoying MMA. Honestly, I did it for you guys.

Doing the podcast was an absolute chore. Gartface and Fleek will tell you the same thing. I won't lie and say that I didn't have a fantastic time, but it was by no means an easy thing to do on a weekly basis. I just wanted to give back to the Playground for all that I had gotten out of it.

I have made some very real friendships on this site. People that I text, call, and chat with on a regular basis. As for the clickish thing, I wanted everyone to get the same thing out of the Playground. So, if you are sitting there thinking that I don't WANT to get along with you because you're not part of the "in-crowd," that's not the case.

I'd rather have more solid friendships than less. I enjoy having friends all over the globe because it gives you reasons to go places and new things to experience. I can honestly say that I would rather have more people posting than less.

For whatever it's worth, I apologize to those I offended. This site is meant to serve as a community and if I ever made anyone feel like they weren't part of that community, I am sorry.

Take 'er easy.

Post #44   10/1/12 3:46:16PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Take 'er easy.

Probably right, but would never want anyone to leave the playground.

Post #45   10/1/12 4:00:47PM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5