Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Stefan Struve vs Jon Jones

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Youre riding Jones nuts on this one and dont forget that Struves offensive JJ is worlds better than Vitor and Shogun. Had Vitor not had ONE fight where he used it he would not be mentioned.... and Shogun had shit JJ since after pride.

Post #16   10/1/12 12:04:51AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Youre riding Jones nuts on this one and dont forget that Struves offensive JJ is worlds better than Vitor and Shogun. Had Vitor not had ONE fight where he used it he would not be mentioned.... and Shogun had shit JJ since after pride.

I totally disagree with Struves JJ being worlds better than two Brazilians...Who has Struve beat that is a BJJ practitioner? I mean Sean Mccorkle almost subbed him but he did reverse it....I dont like to call out almost being subbed but that was Sean Mccorkle...I am guessing after the last weekend being the better guy in BJJ has no bearing on anything....after Sass got subbed....

I will continue to think that wrestling and BJJ is the best combo... still I think its a huge advantage to have Greg Jackson...Alot of guys have Greg Jackson but Jones actually follows a gameplan from what hes said...but i think its a moot point...Fight wont happen for years...

I just still think Struve is very uncoordinated on his feet...Miocic I think shouda swarmed on that one punch that landed nicely....

Last edited 10/1/12 12:31AM server time by kingsmasher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   10/1/12 12:29:37AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:884-553
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by ghandikush

I totally disagree with Struves JJ being worlds better than two Brazilians...Who has Struve beat that is a BJJ practitioner? I mean Sean Mccorkle almost subbed him but he did reverse it....I dont like to call out almost being subbed but that was Sean Mccorkle...I am guessing after the last weekend being the better guy in BJJ has no bearing on anything....after Sass got subbed....

I will continue to think that wrestling and BJJ is the best combo... still I think its a huge advantage to have Greg Jackson...Alot of guys have Greg Jackson but Jones actually follows a gameplan from what hes said...but i think its a moot point...Fight wont happen for years...

I just still think Struve is very uncoordinated on his feet...Miocic I think shouda swarmed on that one punch that landed nicely....

Agreed. Struve's chin has been much more questionable than Jones. Jones is by far the more technical fighter, although that reach would finally be negated against Struve.

Post #18   10/1/12 1:13:53AM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:756-369
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think this would be an interesting fight.

I do think that Jones is a great technician but a lot of his success is bolstered by his unique physicality compared to competitors. Struve would be an interesting match up for him and I would give him a fair shot at getting a sub in this fight.

Jones isn't invincible and his last couple of fights with Machida and Belfort have shown the weaknesses in his game. It *is* possible to beat him. Whether Struve would be that guy, I'm a bit on the fence about - but I do think it would make for an interesting fight.

Post #19   10/1/12 9:03:05AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Agreed. Struve's chin has been much more questionable than Jones. Jones is by far the more technical fighter, although that reach would finally be negated against Struve.

Who has Jones fought that has comparable punching power as JDS, Nelson or Browne? Johnson, Miocic and Barry also hit pretty damn hard too.

I guess Rampage and Belfort, as we saw Jones get staggered by Belfort. Let Jones get hit by guys with that kind of power and then we can question his chin. A straight from Machida stunned him...can we question Jones' chin? Also since when does Jon have this 1 punch power to test Struve's chin?

Last edited 10/1/12 11:30AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   10/1/12 11:28:35AM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,507-926
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
IMO people are really overrating Jones' ability to fight guys who are bigger than him. Maybe the reach is technically even, but it's different punching at a guy who is eight inches taller than you than punching at a guy who is eight inches shorter. And what about the lengths of the kicks? What about the ability to plum in the clinch, something Jones likes to do against shorter opponents?

It would be an interesting fight--one I"d pay to see--but I think Jones would need an easier touch for his first HW fight. He's the bigger star by a good bit and I'm sure his sponsors, managers and the UFC themselves wouldn't want to see him get beat in his HW debut.

Post #21   10/1/12 12:47:06PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2