Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on FUEL TV 5 winner Dan Hardy no longer interested in chin-checking challenges

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
For British slugger Dan Hardy, fighting in front of his hometown crowd was truly a dream come true.

However, Hardy was focused on channeling the emotion of the moment into a positive outcome rather than the disappointing result he suffered in his most recent appearance in his native country.

"Sometimes if I let my emotions get the best of me, technique goes out the window and I just want to see who's got the best chin," Hardy said. "I didn't want to take that risk again in my hometown."

Link

Post #1   9/30/12 1:28:02AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Chips:
Smart move Hardy, it's never a smart thing to see whos chins better

Post #2   9/30/12 1:29:14AM   

BelXavier420

Standup Guy

BelXavier420 Avatar

Career:869-614
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
Pretty obvious, I understand sticking to a game plan. However it seemed to me Hardy took a sparring match mindset after the first round. He rocked Amir several times but never followed up with punches. Instead he went for take downs. As mentioned before I don't hate on a people for having smart gameplans but this is a fight, not a sparring match. We pay so see you fight your hardest. If you don't capitalize on your opponents weakness and try to finish to fight you will quickly loose fans. Hardy lost 4 in a row but did not get cut because his fights where entertaining. I was very disappointed he did not capitalize on this tonight.

Post #3   9/30/12 1:37:26AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by BelXavier420

Pretty obvious, I understand sticking to a game plan. However it seemed to me Hardy took a sparring match mindset after the first round. He rocked Amir several times but never followed up with punches. Instead he went for take downs. As mentioned before I don't hate on a people for having smart gameplans but this is a fight, not a sparring match. We pay so see you fight your hardest. If you don't capitalize on your opponents weakness and try to finish to fight you will quickly loose fans. Hardy lost 4 in a row but did not get cut because his fights where entertaining. I was very disappointed he did not capitalize on this tonight.

Sadollah is a striker and always has a chance to drop Hardy. A stunned opponent is far easier to take down and it's not like Amir has a dangerous guard. Hardy needs wins first and foremost. He also just got his first finish in years his previous fight. I have zero problems with the way he fought yesterday

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   9/30/12 9:18:35AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,957-1,617
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BelXavier420

Sadollah is a striker and always has a chance to drop Hardy. A stunned opponent is far easier to take down and it's not like Amir has a dangerous guard. Hardy needs wins first and foremost. He also just got his first finish in years his previous fight. I have zero problems with the way he fought yesterday

Agreed Bubs I think Hardy looked good in the fight he fought intelligent for once. Just like Dana said he looked like a mixed martial artist not a kick boxer props to Hardy for looking much improved in my opinion

Post #5   9/30/12 10:14:00AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BelXavier420

Agreed Bubs I think Hardy looked good in the fight he fought intelligent for once. Just like Dana said he looked like a mixed martial artist not a kick boxer props to Hardy for looking much improved in my opinion

exactly, all that money youre paying I could give a shit about, in real MMA its not about you. They dont go out of their way to excite in baseball either.

Post #6   9/30/12 10:38:40AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,126-652
Chips:
I'm surprised to see all this love for Hardy. The guy complains about people playing it safe or only wanting to grapple, then he has the chance to fight a pure striking battle and he takes it to the ground. With other fighters this is smart, with Hardy this is grade A bs and hypocrisy at it's best.

Post #7   9/30/12 11:22:31AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
maybe because Hardy has come to realize that being a pure kickboxer isn't a great recipe for success, especially coming off 4 straight losses?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #8   9/30/12 11:28:02AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I'm surprised to see all this love for Hardy. The guy complains about people playing it safe or only wanting to grapple, then he has the chance to fight a pure striking battle and he takes it to the ground. With other fighters this is smart, with Hardy this is grade A bs and hypocrisy at it's best.

Not a single likable britt fighter...... He knew he was getting a close fight in the first anyway.

Post #9   9/30/12 11:36:32AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 40-51

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,660-1,039
Chips:
I understand Hardy just got out of a huge rut & he wanted to secure the win in his hometown & I was completely fine with it. He grinded it out, he did his thing, Amir was pretty busted up. BUT I hope he doesn't forget what got him a title shot in the first place. Being ballsy & taking risks. Don't go getting soft Outlaw!

Post #10   9/30/12 12:08:30PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,364-1,587
Chips:
I used to hate Dan Hardy. For some reason the hate is waning and he is starting to grow on me. We definitely have the same tastes in music as Hardy loves metal, punk and hardcore just like I do. I think I ma starting to become a fan of his because he is mellowing out some. He isn't the cocky person he was a few years ago. I guess 4 losses in a row will humble your ass pretty quick.

Post #11   9/30/12 8:35:16PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,126-652
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

maybe because Hardy has come to realize that being a pure kickboxer isn't a great recipe for success, especially coming off 4 straight losses?

Which is exactly the thing he had been railing against ever since his lost to GSP, then he turns around and does it himself. I don't care when fighters do that, but he literally complained about people who fight that way then he did it himself. I just have an issue with ridiculous hypocrisy.

Post #12   10/1/12 10:03:24AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I was just happy to see him get a win. I hope he doesn't lose his background of going for it all and getting crazy. Nothing better than we he would get smacked and smile at the guy across from him. Hope he puts together a good stretch of wins.

Post #13   10/1/12 10:34:15AM