Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC vet Clay Guida dropping to featherweight, likely to return in early 2013

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER!!! DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Calm down.

Guida Garcia anyone?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #16   9/28/12 3:58:32PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by postman

Posted by the-king

the fw division just got a lot more.....boring and overrated

He throws his hair around and ppl confuse that with offense. I have watched fights of his that I was impressed but he is so inactive when he gets on top. I would agree with you.

Boring, absolutely not. Cant believe people hate a fighter so much for 1 memorably bad fight.

Overrated, I cant tell you how much I had a reaction somewhere between chuckling ad puking when I heard all of you supporting him getting a title shot in the Pettis matchup.....

I promise if you go back and look I have always said I don't care for his fights.

Post #17   9/28/12 4:43:04PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by the-king

Posted by airkerma

Posted by the-king

Let's see, Pettis and Maynard were boring...how about all the other fights he had in the last 3-4 years? I hardly think that qualifies him as a boring fighter, especially when he has 5 FOTN and 1 FOTY. Overrated? All of his losses in the last 4.5 years came from the top contenders: Florian, Sanchez, Maynard, and Bendo.

I like this move, but we'll see what this does to his cardio, which is typically his meal ticket.

other than nate diaz way back who has he ever beat to be this big name hes made out to be. i guess recently he beat pettis but was that really impressive well maybe if before that fight you watched grass grow or were in a padded room for a few years. i think your ovverrated if your style of fighting is like looking two grunge signers on stage . its just flop my hair around and make it look like im doing something. if hes exciting hes getting his ass kicked thats a fact he hasnt won a fight of the night and the actual fight yet....not bashing the guy hes tough but he isnt what hes made to be...

ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER!!! DO YOU SPEAK IT?

A POST THAT ISNT DOUCHEY DO YOU HAVE ONE?

Post #18   9/28/12 5:42:02PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Clearly noone has seen pulp fiction

now SAY WHAT ONE MORE TIME MUTHAFUCKA I DARE YOU I DOUBLE DARE YOU SAY WHAT ONE MORE MUTHAFUCKIN TIME!!!

Post #19   9/28/12 6:35:52PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by the-king

other than nate diaz way back who has he ever beat to be this big name hes made out to be. i guess recently he beat pettis but was that really impressive well maybe if before that fight you watched grass grow or were in a padded room for a few years. i think your overrated if your style of fighting is like locking two grunge signers on stage . its just flop my hair around and make it look like im doing something. if hes exciting hes getting his ass kicked thats a fact he hasnt won a fight of the night and the actual fight yet....not bashing the guy hes tough but he isnt what hes made to be...

I never understood why people thought Clay Guida was exciting. Its not just recently that he turned into a boring fighter. He's always been boring but people are just now starting to realize it.

Hopping around a lot and letting your hair bounce around isn't entertaining (unless maybe you're a cat??). Other than that, he doesn't really do much in his fights.

Perhaps people realized how boring he is because he tied his hair back for once. It wasn't there to hypnotize you people.

Post #20   9/29/12 12:45:54AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I love Guida. One of my all time favorites. The fight with Maynard left a lot to be desired but everyone has a bad fight and unfortunately some people wait till you have a bad fight to come out of the woodworks to discredit everything you have done as if it validates why they dislike you. All I know is that he has huge heart, always comes in shape, and isn't a cocky prick like other fighters. I can't help but root for the guy and I'm sure he is going to make some noise at 145

Post #21   9/29/12 7:05:20AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:647-349
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

I love Guida. One of my all time favorites. The fight with Maynard left a lot to be desired but everyone has a bad fight and unfortunately some people wait till you have a bad fight to come out of the woodworks to discredit everything you have done as if it validates why they dislike you. All I know is that he has huge heart, always comes in shape, and isn't a cocky prick like other fighters. I can't help but root for the guy and I'm sure he is going to make some noise at 145

agree, only thing that annoys me about him is when they go to decision and the ref is holding both guys arms and clay does not stop moving around.

Adrenaline why you not do the fantasy huh ?

Post #22   9/29/12 7:17:41AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Adrenaline why you not do the fantasy huh ?

(Que Chael Sonnen voice) And risk my undefeated, undisputed, P4P, highest paid, 220 lbs of steel and sex appeal status on the forums? Next question.

Post #23   9/29/12 9:17:43AM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,399
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Long overdue imo.

Post #24   9/29/12 11:09:45AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
He'll still have the best cardio in the division, but without a huge speed advantage and without a height deficit it'll be harder to deal with having shitty technique....

Post #25   9/29/12 11:36:22AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by the-king

Look everyone - - - teh kingsmasher has a baby brother

Shaving your armpits on a daily basis doesn't equate to you being a man, or having a good post in this thread, now run along

Last edited 9/29/12 2:10PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #26   9/29/12 2:09:41PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2