Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC vet Clay Guida dropping to featherweight, likely to return in early 2013

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Longtime UFC lightweight contender Clay Guida (29-13 MMA, 9-7 UFC) is headed to a new weight class.

The fighter has opted for a drop to the 145-pound featherweight division, his representatives from VFD Sports Marketing today announced.

A debut date and opponent have not been confirmed for his UFC debut in the division, but a rep told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) it'll likely come after the new year...

Link

Post #1   9/28/12 9:52:38AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It was only a matter of time.

Post #2   9/28/12 10:02:54AM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
the fw division just got a lot more.....boring and overrated

Post #3   9/28/12 10:30:09AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Chips:

Posted by the-king

Let's see, Pettis and Maynard were boring...how about all the other fights he had in the last 3-4 years? I hardly think that qualifies him as a boring fighter, especially when he has 5 FOTN and 1 FOTY. Overrated? All of his losses in the last 4.5 years came from the top contenders: Florian, Sanchez, Maynard, and Bendo.

I like this move, but we'll see what this does to his cardio, which is typically his meal ticket.

Last edited 9/28/12 10:40AM server time by airkerma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/28/12 10:39:15AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,196-759
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by the-king

Let's see, Pettis and Maynard were boring...how about all the other fights he had in the last 3-4 years? I hardly think that qualifies him as a boring fighter, especially when he has 5 FOTN and 1 FOTY. Overrated? All of his losses in the last 4.5 years came from the top contenders: Florian, Sanchez, Maynard, and Bendo.

I like this move, but we'll see what this does to his cardio, which is typically his meal ticket.

I'm bias so I got to agree with the king, I own you one

Post #5   9/28/12 10:42:08AM   

NaturalBornKiller92

MMA Regular

NaturalBornKiller92 Avatar

Career:131-89
Chips:
I think Guida dropping isn't going to peak anyones interests after that debacle against Maynard. I have to agree with the that opinion.

Post #6   9/28/12 11:31:47AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
new FW champ

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   9/28/12 11:39:13AM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by the-king

other than nate diaz way back who has he ever beat to be this big name hes made out to be. i guess recently he beat pettis but was that really impressive well maybe if before that fight you watched grass grow or were in a padded room for a few years. i think your overrated if your style of fighting is like locking two grunge signers on stage . its just flop my hair around and make it look like im doing something. if hes exciting hes getting his ass kicked thats a fact he hasnt won a fight of the night and the actual fight yet....not bashing the guy hes tough but he isnt what hes made to be...

Last edited 9/28/12 5:41PM server time by the-king
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   9/28/12 12:10:09PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by the-king

He throws his hair around and ppl confuse that with offense. I have watched fights of his that I was impressed but he is so inactive when he gets on top. I would agree with you.

Post #9   9/28/12 12:40:38PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
Guida vs. Money!

I think Guida is going to run through FW with his aggressive pressure and relentless cardio. He beats KZ/DP soundly me thinks.

Post #10   9/28/12 12:45:25PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by the-king

He throws his hair around and ppl confuse that with offense. I have watched fights of his that I was impressed but he is so inactive when he gets on top. I would agree with you.

Boring, absolutely not. Cant believe people hate a fighter so much for 1 memorably bad fight.

Overrated, I cant tell you how much I had a reaction somewhere between chuckling ad puking when I heard all of you supporting him getting a title shot in the Pettis matchup.....

Post #11   9/28/12 12:54:48PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Chips:

Posted by the-king

Posted by airkerma

Posted by the-king

other than nate diaz way back who has he ever beat to be this big name hes made out to be. i guess recently he beat pettis but was that really impressive well maybe if before that fight you watched grass grow or were in a padded room for a few years. i think your ovverrated if your style of fighting is like looking two grunge signers on stage . its just flop my hair around and make it look like im doing something. if hes exciting hes getting his ass kicked thats a fact he hasnt won a fight of the night and the actual fight yet....not bashing the guy hes tough but he isnt what hes made to be...

I mean if you don't think head kicking then subbing out Gomi wasn't exciting, or busting up Dos Anjos jaw to the point he could not continue due to pain wasn't exciting, then I suspect we won't agree. He isn't making it LOOK like he's doing something, unless Gomi subbed himself out due to frustration, then I would agree. It takes two to tango, and if you take the view point that the losing fighter shouldn't receive credit for being exciting, then you clearly only appreciate one side of the fight.

Post #12   9/28/12 2:21:58PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by the-king

other than nate diaz way back who has he ever beat to be this big name hes made out to be. i guess recently he beat pettis but was that really impressive well maybe if before that fight you watched grass grow or were in a padded room for a few years. i think your ovverrated if your style of fighting is like looking two grunge signers on stage . its just flop my hair around and make it look like im doing something. if hes exciting hes getting his ass kicked thats a fact he hasnt won a fight of the night and the actual fight yet....not bashing the guy hes tough but he isnt what hes made to be...

I guess Pettis isn't at fault at all for allowing Guida to do whatever he wants

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #13   9/28/12 2:43:31PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by the-king

His cardio was so good at 155 I doubt the cut hurts him much...

I would like to see him in a title fight against Aldo because I am sure Greg Jackson would say clinch with him as much as you can for the first 2 and a half rounds...tehn Aldo might be in trouble with his cardio the alst two and a half....

Only way to beat Aldo is clinch and wear down his cardio...

Post #14   9/28/12 2:47:58PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,696-988
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by the-king

Posted by airkerma

Posted by the-king

ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER!!! DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Post #15   9/28/12 3:21:47PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2