Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 152 medical suspensions: Jon Jones, five others suspended indefinitely

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Five fighters, including UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones, were issued indefinite medical suspensions following this past weekend's UFC 152 event.

The Office of the Athletics Commissioner of Ontario today released the suspensions to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

UFC 152 took place Sept. 22 at Toronto's Air Canada Centre, and in his fourth consecutive title defense, Jones submitted Vitor Belfort in the night's pay-per-view headliner...

Full Story

Post #1   9/26/12 4:13:27AM   

bigrand826

MMA Regular

bigrand826 Avatar

Career:815-493
Chips:
Nothing about Belfort's broken hand? How does something like that work? He broke it prior to the fight but passed the pre-fight medical. Do these only pertain to things that happened in the fight? I would think that an injury is an injury and whether it actually occurred in the fight or not, they'd still have to get a medical suspension for it, but I don't know how these things work. Maybe he didn't tell them about the hand when they were examining him after the fight? Can anybody shed some light on this? I'm curious.

Last edited 9/26/12 8:53AM server time by bigrand826
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   9/26/12 8:49:12AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
No surprise on Dunham there, unless I was seeing things I thought for sure he was licking the blood off of his face in round 3 to get everyone even more fired up.

Post #3   9/26/12 9:16:42AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bigrand826

Nothing about Belfort's broken hand? How does something like that work? He broke it prior to the fight but passed the pre-fight medical. Do these only pertain to things that happened in the fight? I would think that an injury is an injury and whether it actually occurred in the fight or not, they'd still have to get a medical suspension for it, but I don't know how these things work. Maybe he didn't tell them about the hand when they were examining him after the fight? Can anybody shed some light on this? I'm curious.

Speculation here, but I'd assume they don't know about it.

Post #4   9/26/12 10:09:29AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
they could be only talking about the fight injuries. it does seem weird that they didnt mention vitor but suspension or not he's still gotta let it heal and that means no fights until that happens. i actually liked vitor at 205. i think he could smash some people there if he wanted to make the move more permanent. seeing him at 205 reminded me of the early years.

Post #5   9/26/12 12:44:52PM   

bigrand826

MMA Regular

bigrand826 Avatar

Career:815-493
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

they could be only talking about the fight injuries. it does seem weird that they didnt mention vitor but suspension or not he's still gotta let it heal and that means no fights until that happens. i actually liked vitor at 205. i think he could smash some people there if he wanted to make the move more permanent. seeing him at 205 reminded me of the early years.

I was thinking the same about Vitor. Physically, he looked beastly. He looked way more than 20 pounds bigger to me.

Post #6   9/26/12 2:02:02PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by bigrand826

Cmon now I will explain...I will call it just excuses on Belforts part...

Post #7   9/26/12 3:15:57PM