Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What was Big John warning Jones about??

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Theres just lots of Jon Jones haters..>Even the refs....Hes easy to hate when hes utterly destroyed everyone hes faced...Never been taken down...Never on his back...Hes easy to hate...Hes been my favorite and I knew hed be champ from way before any title shot....but I would like to see him get in trouble...not lose...Only way to beat him is bum rush him with a million punches...and hope you connect...I have said though with his reach he will disrupt any power with his reach...You cant win!!

Get use to it!! He could beat any 2 LHW in the same night if it was a tournament...I mean 2 fresh guys one after the other...

No, his biggest weakness is cardio, second biggest is striking. He has a solid chin, long reach, and superior wrestling so it nullifies someone squarely beating him and his well roundedness saves him from being finished even if hurt.

HOWEVER, his biggest weakness is his 30-35 pound cut to 205 that leaves him usually under 3 rounds of solid cardio. Anyone who could outwrestle, out strike, or overall control him and his tempo can beat him.

Right now Lyoto is all we have, maybe Gustaffson. Bot are faster, better standing technique and unusual very hard to takedown movement. Either could potentially control his tempo and even outscore him for 3 rounds. After that aside from one of Jones' Fedoresque combination finishes (throw takedown and cut elbows, flash submission etc) he wont be more than a slow vulnerable target.

The best challenges at 205 are yet to come, but make no mistake, they are coming.

Last edited 9/25/12 11:13AM server time by ghandikush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   9/25/12 11:11:32AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Theres just lots of Jon Jones haters..>Even the refs....Hes easy to hate when hes utterly destroyed everyone hes faced...Never been taken down...Never on his back...Hes easy to hate...Hes been my favorite and I knew hed be champ from way before any title shot....but I would like to see him get in trouble...not lose...Only way to beat him is bum rush him with a million punches...and hope you connect...I have said though with his reach he will disrupt any power with his reach...You cant win!!

Get use to it!! He could beat any 2 LHW in the same night if it was a tournament...I mean 2 fresh guys one after the other...

It's true, he is easy to hate but it's only because no one likes a false saint. We all hate guys like Tito and Koscheck because they're villians but IMO it's worse when you can't get an accurate reading on a guy.

At least Tito and Kos are being themselves while Jones is a fake humble guy. When Jones starts talking all I can do is......same thing I do when teh kingsmasher posts

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #17   9/25/12 11:37:55AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,405-840
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Posted by LuckyCharms

Posted by State_Champ

What?

I don't get it.
He didn't warn Belfort for purposely trying to kick a "downed opponent" in the head?
That's some messed up reffing.

I didn't watch the main card, but I've seen how Jones starts a match. Jones crawls on his hands and tip-toes. A down opponent is one where the fighter knee is on the ground. Within the rules, Belfort threw a legal kick. That's why Big John didn't warned Belfort of that kick.

i hope someone would dropkick jones in the face when hes down like that.

You mean beyond the general hope we all have that any fighter would get dropkicked during a MMA match?
Because I'm not picky- Personally, I'd like to see more dropkicks to the face in any given fight.

Post #18   9/25/12 11:58:34AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

it's worse when you can't get an accurate reading on a guy.

That's where Brimage's scouter comes in handy

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #19   9/25/12 1:07:12PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

You mean beyond the general hope we all have that any fighter would get dropkicked during a MMA match?
Because I'm not picky- Personally, I'd like to see more dropkicks to the face in any given fight.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   9/25/12 1:10:55PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,405-840
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

MOAR!

EDIT: Besides the dropkicks, I did not like that fight.

Still, y'know, dropkicks are cool.

Last edited 9/25/12 1:27PM server time by State_Champ

Post #21   9/25/12 1:26:16PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Big John wasn't warning JJ - - -

He was quoting 1 Corinthians 10:31 - - - So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

JJ replied, Hell YAH! I love me some God, so I'm gonna drink me some MGD's and do me some endangering, WOOT-WOOT!

Last edited 9/25/12 2:46PM server time by chael_sonnen

Post #22   9/25/12 2:45:21PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

MOAR!

EDIT: Besides the dropkicks, I did not like that fight.

Still, y'know, dropkicks are cool.

Dropass

Post #23   9/25/12 2:51:35PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:860-491
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by kingsmasher

No, his biggest weakness is cardio, second biggest is striking. He has a solid chin, long reach, and superior wrestling so it nullifies someone squarely beating him and his well roundedness saves him from being finished even if hurt.

HOWEVER, his biggest weakness is his 30-35 pound cut to 205 that leaves him usually under 3 rounds of solid cardio. Anyone who could outwrestle, out strike, or overall control him and his tempo can beat him.

Right now Lyoto is all we have, maybe Gustaffson. Bot are faster, better standing technique and unusual very hard to takedown movement. Either could potentially control his tempo and even outscore him for 3 rounds. After that aside from one of Jones' Fedoresque combination finishes (throw takedown and cut elbows, flash submission etc) he wont be more than a slow vulnerable target.

The best challenges at 205 are yet to come, but make no mistake, they are coming.

His striking is a weakness??? Um no!!!!! He has probably the most devastating elbows in MMA, his kicks in all areas are pretty on point as well.

Last edited 9/25/12 9:54PM server time by buffalodave

Post #24   9/25/12 9:54:14PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by ghandikush

His striking is a weakness??? Um no!!!!! He has probably the most devastating elbows in MMA, his kicks in all areas are pretty on point as well.

To be fair, he also has a 10" reach on almost all his opponents. If he had the same striking skill set but did not have such a massive reach advantage, he would not nearly be as effective. Some of the top strikers in the division would be able to expose this. Jones doesn't throw combos either.

I wouldn't call striking a strength, but due to his reach, it's not really a weakness either

Post #25   9/25/12 10:23:05PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
wish belfort would have landed the kick in the start to jones mug

Post #26   9/27/12 7:18:40PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2