Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Jones might have nerve damage in his arm and Vitor fought with a broken hand

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
If Jon Jones is the end boss no one can beat at the arcade that attracts a crowd around the cabinet and the next challenger, hoping the next guy can accomplish what the last couldn't. Then Vitor Belfort is the guy who mashed all the buttons he could while wearing a cast on his hand utilizing a hybrid two-finger technique on the joystick that nearly delivered a win. Props are given all around in the warm glow of the 'game over' screen, hands are rested on shoulders and god knows (really, she does) that Vitor did everything he could, but Jon Jones has once again claimed another quarter.

For a moment last night I thought we were going to see a Tim Sylvia/Frank Mir type stoppage, but Big John was calm cool and collected and let the fight rightly go on through the armbar that heaven sent. The fallout looks like this: last night we saw reports coming out of the Bones camp saying he may have nerve damage in his arm, but nothing is confirmed yet. Next, we found out Vitor Belfort fought Jon Jones with a broken hand, which explains the guard pulls. Both of these dudes walked out of the Octagon with some newly unlocked Badass Tokens if you ask me.

Jones: "In there, I felt as if there was a point where I don't think physically he could have extended it even more," "I mean, it was popping, and I felt after 25 years that I've never felt that feeling before. I just came to terms with what was going to happen, just thinking, 'Man, I can't believe I'm getting ready to lose this way.'"
"I wasn't close to tapping out at all," "I was ready to face the music and get it broken if I had to get it broken. I proved a lot to myself tonight and I'm grateful for it. I haven't gotten x-rays, so I'm not going to sit here and feed into a little pain. But I'll definitely live on to fight another day. Every time I extended my right hand or tried to use an elbow on my right side, I felt it. I felt as if I really didn't have any power in my right side at all but it's a long ways from my heart."

Belfort: "I had my opportunity," "I think when I heard the pop, I kind of lost the pressure, and he got away. It is what it is. I thought I really had that arm, but he fought through it. He did great"

link

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   9/24/12 9:29:18AM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Both of these dudes walked out of the Octagon with some newly unlocked Badass Tokens if you ask me.

That says it all for me. That first round was one of those moments where you're white-knuckling it and you can't believe what you're seeing. To find out his elbow "popped" and he fought through it just makes it more crazy. Props to Vitor for getting that armbar, and fighting with a broken hand, and props to JJ for fighting right through it and getting the job done.

Post #2   9/24/12 9:43:37AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Keeping with gaming analogies, had Belfort broken Bones' arm in the first round to get the Tsub, I probably would have been screaming "zOMFG haxxxxxx!"

Post #3   9/24/12 10:38:36AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Sounds like it was an amazing fight. I missed it, bachelor party this weekend for a buddy.

Post #4   9/24/12 10:42:47AM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
Belfort still got beat

Last edited 9/24/12 11:00AM server time by meier
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   9/24/12 10:59:35AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Jones dodged a bullet.

Belfort I give props for fighting with a broken hand BUT

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU FIGHT WITH A BROKEN HAND AGAINST JON JONES!!!???

To look like a "real" fighter? To make Dana happy? To make the fans happy? (most likely its the last one)

A broken hand literally takes almost all possibility of you winning the fight. For belfort to have done that in my eyes tells me he wasn't really fighting to win. He was just trying to make people happy. I love him for it I really do but damn why go into a TITLE fight with a VERY dangerous opponent with a BROKEN hand. All that smack Rogan and Dana were talking about hand speed..riiiiiiight (dr.evil style)

Post #6   9/24/12 11:33:49AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
I want to hate Jon Jones for his bad PR but WOW, that is a mans way to fight.

GSP did it with his groin tear and we showed mad respect for that one.

Post #7   9/24/12 11:40:32AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Agreed. Not all fighters, even ones in the UFC can fight through that sort of thing. A lot would tap out earlier, a lot look for easy ways out of a fight when they have given up inside, like giving up their back for an easy RNC. There are a some that just don't have quit in them no matter what the circumstance, who won't quit until they are unconscious or the ref steps in. Jones is one of those and I have to give him respect for that even if I don't really like him as a person.

Post #8   9/24/12 12:07:16PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I would agree, as mad as I want to be with Jones for the whole cancellation thing, its hard when a guy battles through and early fight injury. I prop both guys for their determination.

Post #9   9/24/12 1:59:18PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
Haha badass tokens I love Borderlands 2.

Post #10   9/24/12 2:10:14PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
Whoever wrote this article has to be one of the worst writers in the history of journalism. MMA "journalism" is generally poor to begin with but this article takes it to an even lower level. Did a fifth grader write it? This article was as pitiful as it gets. The writing was so foolish that I won't even comment on the fight that the article is about in the first place. I'm disgusted.

Post #11   9/24/12 2:13:20PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Whoever wrote this article has to be one of the worst writers in the history of journalism. MMA "journalism" is generally poor to begin with but this article takes it to an even lower level. Did a fifth grader write it? This article was as pitiful as it gets. The writing was so foolish that I won't even comment on the fight that the article is about in the first place. I'm disgusted.

Do you wanna be a fucking writer?!

Post #12   9/24/12 2:22:08PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
and props to jones cause that arm bar was nasty, still baffled it didn't break his arm. i was screaming at the bar, break his arm. and the broken hand explains vitor's strategy, i was waiting for him to let the hands lose but with when it is broken i can see why not to do that.

Post #13   9/24/12 3:15:10PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,159-1,331
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by ghandikush

Agreed. Not all fighters, even ones in the UFC can fight through that sort of thing. A lot would tap out earlier, a lot look for easy ways out of a fight when they have given up inside, like giving up their back for an easy RNC. There are a some that just don't have quit in them no matter what the circumstance, who won't quit until they are unconscious or the ref steps in. Jones is one of those and I have to give him respect for that even if I don't really like him as a person.

Post #14   9/24/12 3:25:04PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I think mostly he did it for the fans, but a small part of me believes he didn't want to prove Chael Sonnen right--that he'd get injured and have to pull out, leaving us with Chael vs Bones.

Post #15   9/24/12 5:33:30PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2