Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vitor eased up on the Armbar?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
According to the Post fight press conference, Someone said Vitor said that he had eased up on the armbar because he heard it pop and crunch. Jones later says that is a "testament to who Vitor is, a great guy" .. because he didn't break his arm...wtf? You never let an opportunity like this slide when you get the chance. Makes me a little upset with Vitor unless what he was saying was sort of lost in translation. Would anyone ever let a cinched up armbar on Jones go? Would you let go of a rattlesnake next to your face? I hope this isn't true, Vitor.

Post Fight Press Conference

Post #1   9/23/12 9:11:31PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Yeah Vitor had a lot of excuses post fight...Not enough camp and he was injured during camp were other excuses....

IMO i think Jones was giving Vitor respect saying his arm was hurt....Would love the see some MRIs....I dont think he was hurt at all or in trouble....But the way Joe Rogan was screaming you woulda definitely thought it was the end....

With the way Jones is portrayed and the haters out there I think if anything Jones wants to be liked...So would he say, I was never in any danger? of course not caus ethen people would say how arrogant he is...

Post #2   9/23/12 9:36:11PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Yeah Vitor had a lot of excuses post fight...Not enough camp and he was injured during camp were other excuses....

IMO i think Jones was giving Vitor respect saying his arm was hurt....Would love the see some MRIs....I dont think he was hurt at all or in trouble....But the way Joe Rogan was screaming you woulda definitely thought it was the end....

With the way Jones is portrayed and the haters out there I think if anything Jones wants to be liked...So would he say, I was never in any danger? of course not caus ethen people would say how arrogant he is...

I don't see Belfort as someone who makes excuses. It's more likely he WAS injured but didn't want to back out from the fight since he's the one that stepped up to face Jones. If you think about it, Belfort is injury prone which wouldn't make the idea of an injury so far fetched, and rumor is it was his ribs that were injured, which would also explain why he fell in agony after Jones landed that body kick.

As for the armbar, Jones mentioned his arm was hurt in his corner.

Post #3   9/23/12 9:58:03PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

I don't see Belfort as someone who makes excuses. It's more likely he WAS injured but didn't want to back out from the fight since he's the one that stepped up to face Jones. If you think about it, Belfort is injury prone which wouldn't make the idea of an injury so far fetched, and rumor is it was his ribs that were injured, which would also explain why he fell in agony after Jones landed that body kick.

As for the armbar, Jones mentioned his arm was hurt in his corner.

I think he fell from the kick from the kick itself....Basically first thing he said to Joe Rogan after fight was....I ahd short camp and was also injured...True or not they sounded like if he had a full camp and no injuries he woulda won....Not happening...I guess its how you look at it and who you like more...Eye of the beholder...

Post #4   9/23/12 10:09:40PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
It's a title fight, tap or snap. If this is true I am disappointed in him. Vitor needed a Frank Mir mentality last night as it's most likely his last chance to fight for a title...either you want it or you dont

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   9/23/12 10:54:05PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I think he fell from the kick from the kick itself...

Definitely not the case. Re-watching it will erase any doubt.

Post #6   9/23/12 11:14:29PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

..I dont think he was hurt at all or in trouble......

if you belive that sentence your on jones nuts worse than cheal_sonnen is on Laurens

Post #7   9/23/12 11:44:48PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Hey GENIUS - - -Go run out in traffic

Post #8   9/24/12 12:08:09AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:673-365
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

defending kingsmasher here, vitor did start with the excuses as soon as rogan started interviewing him which i found annoying.

dunno about the jones comments though dude.

Post #9   9/24/12 3:43:16AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Just look at Jones cringe and wince, then look at his arm bend the other way, then watch him fight his way through the armbar for 30 seconds or so. That's not the way a fighter reacts when he is in no danger of a locked up submission. Are you seriously implying Jones was in no trouble...If so it really is hard to take you seriously.

Post #10   9/24/12 5:32:27AM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,036-548
Chips:
I am just glad that Big John was working the main event and not someone like Moron Mazzagatti or a Kim Winslow. They probably would have stopped the fight early once Vitor locked out the armbar. I realize fighter safety is at the utmost importance, but McCarthy was right there and in big time main events I don't want to see ANY early stoppages.

Post #11   9/24/12 9:30:42AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,244-1,261
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Michael_Corleone

I am just glad that Big John was working the main event and not someone like Moron Mazzagatti or a Kim Winslow. They probably would have stopped the fight early once Vitor locked out the armbar. I realize fighter safety is at the utmost importance, but McCarthy was right there and in big time main events I don't want to see ANY early stoppages.

Very true....

I don't like the whole excuses versus talking about being injured debate. Doesn't Vitor get the benefit of the doubt here ? He's not Tito.

Post #12   9/24/12 10:01:11AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,027-597
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Is Mazzagatti the one who tackles all the fighters he is applying a stoppage to? If so I would have loved to see an early stoppage with him tackling Jones to stop the fight via armbar...not that I wanted Jones to lose or like bad reffing but damn that would have been funny.

Post #13   9/24/12 1:17:45PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,036-548
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Is Mazzagatti the one who tackles all the fighters he is applying a stoppage to? If so I would have loved to see an early stoppage with him tackling Jones to stop the fight via armbar...not that I wanted Jones to lose or like bad reffing but damn that would have been funny.

I think you might be thinking of Larry Landless. Lol.

Post #14   9/25/12 12:27:48AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,519-891
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

defending kingsmasher here

Always a bad idea.

Post #15   9/25/12 10:23:04AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2