Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rogan and Goldie lastnight

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 35-47

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,449-941
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Im not a fan of either dude but man lastnight had to
be a record setter for terrible commentary.

- Fighter names butchered ( Matt "The Hamill" Hamill, Carl Noke? )
- Immense nut hugging by Rogan. ( he wouldn't even acknowledge Brimage feeding Hettes the whole fight, at one point he said Hettes was doing a great job holding the centre of the octagon? & how many times do we have to be told that Mighty mouse is fast & technical?)
-Talking about Mark Coleman & how headbutts during the whole Hamill/Hollet fight.
-Goldie having to be taught the difference between a side kick & a oblique kick by Joe during the Bines/Vitor fight. Shouldn't he know this kinda thing?
- Long & akward silences!!! During action!!! In one bout a fighter landed a solid kick that stumbled his opponent & nothing was said!! Complete silence!! My girlfriend asked me " Where did the announcers go?" !! WTF!!!

Lastnights event was incredible tho

Post #1   9/23/12 11:01:42AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,259-1,266
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I thought the Coleman-head-butt-discussion was because the fight was boring, but it did strike me as odd just how many times he said it.

The other thing was the 38 bpm resting heart rate for Bisping...i know he's gonna dwell on that in the future. It's an interesting fact, but who cares really.

I still think Rogan is the best out there for the most part. Goldy, not so much.

Post #2   9/23/12 11:07:01AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,916-1,128
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Ive never liked Goldie, for someone who has been commentating on the UFC for such a long time is knowledge is poor, when he quotes these pointless facts he seems to be reading them off a sheet.

Post #3   9/23/12 11:52:34AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

I thought the Coleman-head-butt-discussion was because the fight was boring, but it did strike me as odd just how many times he said it.

The other thing was the 38 bpm resting heart rate for Bisping...i know he's gonna dwell on that in the future. It's an interesting fact, but who cares really.

I still think Rogan is the best out there for the most part. Goldy, not so much.

We need a new structure commentator that actually knows what the fuck theyre talking about. Goldie never knows left from right.....

Post #4   9/23/12 11:53:03AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,232-801
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Rogan had to remind Goldie again that blood helped sink chokes in

How many fights do you have to see to realize that Goldberg???

Post #5   9/23/12 11:57:53AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,514-925
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by george112

Rogan had to remind Goldie again that blood helped sink chokes in

How many fights do you have to see to realize that Goldberg???

THIS. Goldberg is DUMB AS FUCK. He and Joe Rogan annoy this piss out of me. They are terrible commentators. They've gotten too comfortable, and they know Anik and Kenflo won't be replacing them because somehow they are worse.

Post #6   9/23/12 12:13:25PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I don't think you guys realize that Goldie asks the questions he asks to help enlighten the audience. He is there to balance out Joe Rogan's nerdy fight knowledge, where he throws out names of moves left and right. Granted, Goldie has a much more limited knowledge of the fight game, but he makes logical connections between fighters and fights all the time, that Rogan praises him on.

In a lot of ways, Rogan has the easy job commentating, because he gets to say whatever he wants essentially, since he's the one with the encyclopedia of fight knowledge. Goldie is the UFC guy, and that comes with a lot of responsibility, which I think he handles quite well.

Post #7   9/23/12 12:55:43PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:493-296
Chips:
Watched at Bdubs so I really didn't hear half of what Goldie and Rogan said. Just the way I like it.

Post #8   9/23/12 1:12:07PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:
one more time people:

To enhance your UFC viewing experience, we recommend that it be watched on Mute. You're Welcome.

Post #9   9/23/12 1:46:02PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Chips:

Posted by warglory

I don't think you guys realize that Goldie asks the questions he asks to help enlighten the audience. He is there to balance out Joe Rogan's nerdy fight knowledge, where he throws out names of moves left and right. Granted, Goldie has a much more limited knowledge of the fight game, but he makes logical connections between fighters and fights all the time, that Rogan praises him on.

In a lot of ways, Rogan has the easy job commentating, because he gets to say whatever he wants essentially, since he's the one with the encyclopedia of fight knowledge. Goldie is the UFC guy, and that comes with a lot of responsibility, which I think he handles quite well.

Post #10   9/23/12 1:50:07PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,598-1,421
Chips:
( )( ) <------------------------ Mighty Mouse's nuts
. .
> <-------------------------Rogan's mouth
O

Last edited 9/23/12 2:06PM server time by Franklinfan47
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   9/23/12 2:06:19PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,720-915
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
joe rogan was busy getting teabagged by mighty mouse's sack

ridiculous commentary for that fight

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #12   9/23/12 3:00:30PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
thankfully I didnt hear a single peep from Rogan unless it was a post fight interview. I had a feeling he swung from MM's sack all fight long when he said "I thought it was pretty obvious you won the fight but what did you think when it was announced as a split decision?"

I think Rogan was still feeling the effects of the awesome bud we have up here that he can't get south of the boarder

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #13   9/23/12 3:18:42PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by warglory

except it wasnt a question, it went more like, wow hes bleeding, sure will be hard to sink the choke.....no actually its easier is a lot of cases, oh....

probably the third time ive heard it said in just a few cards.

Post #14   9/23/12 3:23:17PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't know if they just were cage rusty. Been a month
Who knows. They should add a third man

Post #15   9/23/12 4:35:05PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2