Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Michael Bisping:"I haven't had the title shot yet, I think it's long overdue."

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,573-973
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
come on now bisping...this isn't a whorehouse where everyone gets a turn. ur actually supposed to earn a title shot. if you want a quickie than move up to lhw.

Post #16   9/22/12 4:06:11AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,196-759
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
since when do people HAVE TO EARN a tilte shoot in the UFC

EDIT***

didnt read your whole post lol i'm a lazy fuck

Last edited 9/22/12 4:03PM server time by voodoo-jitsu
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   9/22/12 3:58:34PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:558-406
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
Weidman wasn't even in this conversation until his last fight. He wasn't even an afterthought for most people. I can't argue with the idea that Bisping hasn't beaten a top 10 guy outside of the fact that a lot of people thought he won the Sonnen fight, he had a close fight years ago against Rashad, and his fight against Wandy was incredibly close. The only reason a guy like Weidman is in the conversation is because the division is so incredibly inadequate to deal with its champion. Most of the guys Anderson has run through over the past 6 years likely aren't in your top 10. Bisping has been soundly defeated one time 16 UFC fights and that loss was to the should be title contender for the LHW belt. I'm not saying he'd beat Wiedman, or Munoz, or Boetsch, or fill in the blank, but the only reason we're talking about Weidman getting a shot is because he looked stellar in a fight against Munoz. Matt Hamill killed Munoz with a head kick. I'm not saying Munoz is a bad fighter, I'm just saying he's been beaten before and will be again. The MW division has been turned upside down by a guy named Anderson Silva. Give Bisping the shot, give Weidman the shot, give Vitor a second go around. There isn't "A GUY" at MW right now to take on Silva. Bisping has a valid point which is that nobody has the longevity attached to their UFC career that he does who hasn't gotten a shot at Silva.

Post #18   9/22/12 4:57:54PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,481
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jlock003

Weidman wasn't even in this conversation until his last fight. He wasn't even an afterthought for most people. I can't argue with the idea that Bisping hasn't beaten a top 10 guy outside of the fact that a lot of people thought he won the Sonnen fight, he had a close fight years ago against Rashad, and his fight against Wandy was incredibly close. The only reason a guy like Weidman is in the conversation is because the division is so incredibly inadequate to deal with its champion. Most of the guys Anderson has run through over the past 6 years likely aren't in your top 10. Bisping has been soundly defeated one time 16 UFC fights and that loss was to the should be title contender for the LHW belt. I'm not saying he'd beat Wiedman, or Munoz, or Boetsch, or fill in the blank, but the only reason we're talking about Weidman getting a shot is because he looked stellar in a fight against Munoz. Matt Hamill killed Munoz with a head kick. I'm not saying Munoz is a bad fighter, I'm just saying he's been beaten before and will be again. The MW division has been turned upside down by a guy named Anderson Silva. Give Bisping the shot, give Weidman the shot, give Vitor a second go around. There isn't "A GUY" at MW right now to take on Silva. Bisping has a valid point which is that nobody has the longevity attached to their UFC career that he does who hasn't gotten a shot at Silva.

A title shot is based off quality wins, beating quality opponents. Not shoulda, woulda, coulda and definitely not because he's been there a long time.

Last edited 9/22/12 5:33PM server time by shawn91111

Post #19   9/22/12 5:26:47PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,978-1,663
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

When you beat someone in the top 10 let me know Michael

Gotta spread the prop love around. It's been said so many times that it almost feels like but he talks himself up so much that I want him to get a title shot just to shut him up. Regardless of the fact that his best win is Dan Miller. If I didn't hate him so much maybe I'd suggest he beat Weidman first, but now I just want him fed to Anderson.

Post #20   9/22/12 6:57:47PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,978-1,663
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by jlock003

I understand your point, but fact is he's 0-2 against people who have fought Anderson for a shot. Not only that, but he's coming off of a loss (albeit a tough loss) to Chael Sonnen, who's been beaten twice by Anderson. I don't care how thin the division is, in my opinion you've got to beat someone in the title discussion in order to earn a shot. At least Weidman is 1-0 against those who have fought Silva for his belt, and on top of that his most recent fight was a highlight reel KO over a guy with decent name power. Weidman might not be very qualified but I still think his resume is stronger, and if nothing else Bisping should beat him first to get his shot.

Post #21   9/22/12 7:07:00PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by jlock003

I understand your point, but fact is he's 0-2 against people who have fought Anderson for a shot. Not only that, but he's coming off of a loss (albeit a tough loss) to Chael Sonnen, who's been beaten twice by Anderson. I don't care how thin the division is, in my opinion you've got to beat someone in the title discussion in order to earn a shot. At least Weidman is 1-0 against those who have fought Silva for his belt, and on top of that his most recent fight was a highlight reel KO over a guy with decent name power. Weidman might not be very qualified but I still think his resume is stronger, and if nothing else Bisping should beat him first to get his shot.

I would say Weidman should have to beat Bisping to get his shot especially after tonight. Don't get me wrong I didn't have Stann in my top 5, and I didn't think Stann was in line for a shot, but it was still an impressive win for Bisping. If Weidman can get through Bisping then I don't think you'll have an argument out of anybody. The Munoz win is the only impressive win Weidman has had give him one more over any of the top 5 guys and absolutely give that guy a title shot. Right now he has one quality win. One and only one, the fight against Maia was just terrible. Now props to him for taking that fight and I understand the weight cut was more than most people could have made but there is always an excuse to be made for every fighter.

My point was simply that Bisping was as deserving as anybody to get the next shot. I'm all for letting the potential contenders have it out and letting the winner of those fights fight Silva. Let Boetsch, Bisping, Weidman, and with Belfort losing tonight I'd say throw Franklin in the mix fight one another and the winner of a mini four man tourney fight Silva. Either do that or give the guy who is 13-4 in the UFC with 3 incredibly close losses fight for the belt.

Post #22   9/23/12 1:23:47AM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Chips:
The guys on post fight are saying let Bisping fight the winner of Weidman/Boetsch. Not a bad idea, but it's putting a bit too much stock in Stann IMO.

Post #23   9/23/12 1:44:06AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by jlock003

The guys on post fight are saying let Bisping fight the winner of Weidman/Boetsch. Not a bad idea, but it's putting a bit too much stock in Stann IMO.

That's what I said on page 1.

Post #24   9/23/12 1:58:11AM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
I love the way everyone tools Bisping in his hopes to get a title shot. Chael Sonnen Beat Brian stann and controversially beat Bisping to get his rematch with Silva. Everyone said Bisping was gonna get ko'd by Rivera. Mike won via tko. Everyone said Mayhem would out class Bisping in all areas, didn't happen, Mike won tko. Then came the almighty Chael Sonnen, everyone said Chael would wipe the floor with Bisping, that didn't happen either. In fact in a close fight, Chael even told Bisping that he thought Mike had won the fight. Bisping was the only guy who Chael had fought since chael vs Dan miller who was able to get back to his feet after every take down. That being said, Chael went on to get humiliated by Silva in the much anticipated rematch. Bisping vs Stann, oh no, let me guess, Everyone says Bisping is gonna get ko'd again... Didn't happen once again, Bisping shows his MMA experience to get the job done and beats Brian Stann.

Does Bisping deserve a title shot? Yes, i Believe Bisping can complicate a fight with Silva and make it an interesting match up. Mikes style is complicating and has been proven by the opponents he has faced recently. No one wether you love mike or hate mike can deny that he is so well rounded that he presents problems to any middleweight in that division. Give him his shot and i think once again, you haters will be surprised at how good a fight he gives silva !!!

Post #25   9/23/12 6:45:01AM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

I love the way everyone tools Bisping in his hopes to get a title shot. Chael Sonnen Beat Brian stann and controversially beat Bisping to get his rematch with Silva. Everyone said Bisping was gonna get ko'd by Rivera. Mike won via tko. Everyone said Mayhem would out class Bisping in all areas, didn't happen, Mike won tko. Then came the almighty Chael Sonnen, everyone said Chael would wipe the floor with Bisping, that didn't happen either. In fact in a close fight, Chael even told Bisping that he thought Mike had won the fight. Bisping was the only guy who Chael had fought since chael vs Dan miller who was able to get back to his feet after every take down. That being said, Chael went on to get humiliated by Silva in the much anticipated rematch. Bisping vs Stann, oh no, let me guess, Everyone says Bisping is gonna get ko'd again... Didn't happen once again, Bisping shows his MMA experience to get the job done and beats Brian Stann.

Does Bisping deserve a title shot? Yes, i Believe Bisping can complicate a fight with Silva and make it an interesting match up. Mikes style is complicating and has been proven by the opponents he has faced recently. No one wether you love mike or hate mike can deny that he is so well rounded that he presents problems to any middleweight in that division. Give him his shot and i think once again, you haters will be surprised at how good a fight he gives silva !!!

Who is everyone? Bisping was a 76%-24% favorite on the playground over Rivera, and the betting favorite by a good margin on the vegas betting sites.

Granted Mayhem was the favorite on the playground, but that shows how out of whack the odds on the playground are.

Playground Odds- Miller -105 Real Odds - +186
Playground Odds- Bisping +105 Real Odds - 225

Tell Michael to face someone in the top 5 and he wins he gets his shot, until then he can keep bitching about beating mid level fighters.

Post #26   9/23/12 3:20:13PM   

bigrand826

MMA Regular

bigrand826 Avatar

Career:833-506
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by LightsOUT23

Who is everyone? Bisping was a 76%-24% favorite on the playground over Rivera, and the betting favorite by a good margin on the vegas betting sites.

Granted Mayhem was the favorite on the playground, but that shows how out of whack the odds on the playground are.

Tell Michael to face someone in the top 5 and he wins he gets his shot, until then he can keep bitching about beating mid level fighters.

I have to agree with this. I think the 'everyone' comments are off. Maybe 'everyone' wanted those things to happen, but 'everyone' was not expecting those things to happen. Bisping did impress me against Chael, but that's about it. Otherwise, he's done about what I expected. It didn't impress me that he was able to TKO Rivera, especially not after landing an illegal knee. It didn't impress me that he was able to work Mayhem (actually, I was surprised that Mayhem was able to take Bisping down). It didn't impress me that he was able to outgrapple and outpoint Stann (maybe a top 15 MW).

I'll say it again. Only Chael has gotten even 2 top 10 wins before getting at title shot against Anderson. While that seems like it may favor Bisping's chances, let's not forget that the winner of Weidman-Boetsch will have 3. Even after a win over Stann, Bisping still has 0. Bisping may very well be better than Wediman or Boetsch, but he's got to gets at least 1 top 10 win before getting a title shot. While Bisping vs the Weidman-Boetsch winner would certainly result in a title shot, it would be a bit ridiculous, imo, to force the Weidman-Boetsch winner to have to get a 4th top 10 win to earn a title shot when 2 has always been more than enough. To me, it makes more sense to put Bisping against the Belcher-Okami winner while the Wediman-Boetsch winner gets a title shot, with the Bisping vs Belcher-Okami winner getting the next title shot.

Last edited 9/24/12 8:21AM server time by bigrand826

Post #27   9/24/12 8:20:30AM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
I cannot see how Belcher is in the title frame, even if he beats Okami. IMO Belcher is 2-3 fights away from fighting Silva for the world title. I can see a case for Boetsch, he's been on a tear lately taking on a dangerous opponent with each fight. Bisping vs Boetsch for the next shot would make sense although i do believe Bisping has paid his dues and a title shot against Silva after a win over Brian Stann is not such a bad idea. Its the same path that Sonnen took, why not Bisping ?

When you look back at Anderson's previous challengers, Damien Maia fought for the title after being ko'd by Marquardt and unanimously beating Dan miller on the scorecards. If that warrants a title shot, then Bisping is long overdue IMO.

Bisping is the dark horse in that division and if he fights Silva, i think all the haters will be pleasantly surprised once again at how good of a fight Bisping with give the champion.

Post #28   9/24/12 10:37:55AM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,359-899
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by LightsOUT23

So now its top 5? You keep moving the goalposts to suit your agenda.

The picks on here are completely irrelevant to how people feel, as the picks are a game...I think the majority opinion on here is that he is disliked and therefore doesn't afford the same chances others who are more favoured get.

You only have to take a look a number of recent opponents who faced Silva for the title, and its pretty easy to question their 'worthyness' in getting that shot.

Post #29   9/24/12 12:34:11PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by moob

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by LightsOUT23

So now its top 5? You keep moving the goalposts to suit your agenda.

The picks on here are completely irrelevant to how people feel, as the picks are a game...I think the majority opinion on here is that he is disliked and therefore doesn't afford the same chances others who are more favoured get.

You only have to take a look a number of recent opponents who faced Silva for the title, and its pretty easy to question their 'worthyness' in getting that shot.

What goalposts? Was Stann even a top 10 fighter at all? His best win is Leben. How are the picks not relevant to how people feel? People make picks for any number or reasons, whether they like or despise a fighter or that they actually use their heads when making a pick.

Post #30   9/24/12 12:59:09PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3