Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I'm Going Skydiving Next Weekend

Print  
What is your opinion on skydiving?
I've been. it's amazing! 3 12%
I want to, but haven't. 14 56%
I would never jump out of a perfectly good airplane. 8 32%
I've been before. Don't go! It scarred me for life. 0 0%
Don't do it, you're an idiot. 0 0%
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,474-841
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Needless to say, Im anxious, excited & absolutely terrified!

Do you know anyone who has gone skydiving before? Have you been yourself? Any idea of what to expect?

I've had a couple vivid dreams about it & it's pretty safe to say i'll probably tear up &/or pee myself a little bit before the jump.

I also have a pretty big fear of me & my friends going through all the trouble & anxiety & then us being unfortunate enough to get bad weather & not being able to go.

Last edited 9/21/12 5:40PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #1   9/21/12 5:39:38PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I went about a decade ago. Not sure how much has changed since then, but the class/training was like 5 or 6 hours long. I intended to go again at some point, but never got around to it. If you're not certified, you have to either jump tandem or via static line. I did the static line. My class was divided into groups of 3 and a small plane took a group at a time up to jump.

Post #2   9/21/12 5:53:08PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,474-841
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

I went about a decade ago. Not sure how much has changed since then, but the class/training was like 5 or 6 hours long. I intended to go again at some point, but never got around to it. If you're not certified, you have to either jump tandem or via static line. I did the static line. My class was divided into groups of 3 and a small plane took a group at a time up to jump.

from my understanding, it's a tandem jump & they said the class we will take before the jump is expected to be 3-4 hours. We have a group of 10 but not sure if we'll be split up or not.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #3   9/21/12 5:56:54PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
I don't think I could do it

Post #4   9/21/12 5:59:15PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
a few years ago, me and my brother paid for our parents to go skydiving for their 25th anniversary. My mom isn't really the adventurous type and never goes on roller coasters or anything with heights really....and she did it and loved it. My dad loved it too. It was exhilarating and apparently words cant describe it.

My brother went about a month ago and plans to jump enough times to get certified. I plan to do it when I can afford it.

If my parents in their mid 50s can do it, you can too Also spend the extra money to get it recorded and photographed...its well worth it.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   9/21/12 6:07:05PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I've never done it. . . But! I've zoomed in really quick on google earth so it can't be that much different!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #6   9/21/12 6:30:00PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,478-860
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I've never done it but where I live in ohio they do it all the time in my town.been wanting to get my telescope out and watch them some time. Good luck!

Post #7   9/21/12 6:50:04PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,252-1,209
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Hope you make it back.

My cousin has been numerous times. Somewhere around 10-15 times. He obviously loves it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #8   9/21/12 7:19:03PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:673-365
Chips:
hey poor franklin i had a dream about you last night, can't get that moustache outta my head, but i was hanging from a ledge about to fall to my doom and you were holding on to me and you whispered these words to me..................................'' I Killed Mufasa !''

But yeah skydiving is awesome i've been twice, you'll have a blast. As soon as you jump from the plane the nervousness and anxiety disappears immediately and is replaced with pure terror ! kidding ! you will love it.

Post #9   9/21/12 8:23:20PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I've done it. It's fun. Nothing really to be scared of. I mean, if your parachute doesn't deploy, you'll probably die instantly when you hit the ground, if that makes you feel better.

Post #10   9/21/12 10:36:14PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
worth every penny. its incredibly fun. the rush coming out of the plane is intense. have fun.

Post #11   9/21/12 11:36:54PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,815-1,059
Chips:
Girlfriend did it. She loved it and the only thing stopping her jumping every weekend is the cost.

She had about an hour's training and it was a tandem jump.

It's extremely safe, you have a reserve chute aswell as your primary chute and the person you are strapped to does all the work, you just get to enjoy it.

Be prepared for waiting around though......We were there about 9 hours, it was well worth it in the end though.

Good luck and have fun

Post #12   9/22/12 4:26:02AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,815-1,059
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

hey poor franklin i had a dream about you last night, can't get that moustache outta my head, but i was hanging from a ledge about to fall to my doom and you were holding on to me and you whispered these words to me..................................'' I Killed Mufasa !''

Nobody finding this weird at all........Not even a little bit ?

Nobody ?

COME ONNNN!

.........everybody knows it was Scar who killed Mufasa!

Post #13   9/22/12 4:28:12AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:673-365
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by aussiemma

Nobody finding this weird at all........Not even a little bit ?

Nobody ?

COME ONNNN!

.........everybody knows it was Scar who killed Mufasa!

hey mmacca all i have to say to that is.....you can be the buns....and i can be the burger girl...and we can make sandwiches.

Post #14   9/22/12 5:22:39AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,140-679
Chips:
Stay safe, love you.

================================================

Never been and I have a fear of heights so it'd be hard to get me up there lol! My mum did it . She said she enjoyed it but wouldn't let her kids do it haha

Hope you have a fantastic time and let us know how it goes! Good luck (don't) break a leg!

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #15   9/22/12 5:32:38AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3