Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson says win or lose to Bonnar, he may not return to middleweight

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
Silva's words don't mean much to me. He says all kinds of things and never follows through with them. Just more talk.

Post #46   9/22/12 2:35:03AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Silva should only fight who is the best regardless of division. GSP and Bones are the fights everyone wants to see, GSP will problly not want it, so maybe Silva Bones happens. I think Silva could beat Jones, but being on your back with Jones is a scary proposition even though Silva proved to have good ground defense and TDD in the 2nd rd. of Sonnen fight. Silva can get taken down and avoid usually to stuff the tkdwn in the 2nd rd.
When did Silva become scared of Weidman? I bet Silva could beat him easily , hes good but hasnt proved himself worthy of being the scary guy everyones ducking, not yet anyway

He has like 8 fights, looked ok vs. munoz but thats it. Weidman should fight some big names like Cung Le Franklin Belfort, and than we can talk. He fought people who were decent. Munoz is no Hendo, and he was out of shape ring rusted and recovering from an injury.

Last edited 9/22/12 1:09PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #47   9/22/12 11:56:48AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Bubbles

yes thats a nice list, but how many of those guys actually match up well and arent stylistically at a disadvantage? Sonnen, GSP and maybe Hendo. Weidman is like Sonnen with far better striking and sub defense. Silva wants nothing to do with Weidman and it isnt because of money

Other than Sonnen (2x), Okami, Lutter, Maia, Leites, and Dan Henderson I can't think of one guy that was a bad stylistic match up for him.

But wait......

Can you think of ANY champion in the history of the sport who has fought that many guys who are supposedly a bad match up on paper?? Name one. Please.

Edit: You could probably add Marquardt in there too.

GSP: Penn (x2), Fitch, Koscheck, Alves
Hughes: Newton, Sakurai, Penn (x2), GSP (x3)

Maia and Leites were no where near a bad matchup on paper for Silva. Fights start standing and their only hope in hell of winning is to take him down...and neither of them have good TDs from the outside. Okami maybe, but hes too slow and not agile enough to close the distance for a clinch TD. Lutter doesnt count as he gassed after 1 min, otherwise on paper if he was in shape at the time, yes.

edit: I could probably add Fedor and Big Nog to the champions list too

Last edited 9/22/12 12:12PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #48   9/22/12 12:09:47PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I don't see how any of those match-ups are bad stylistically for the champion except for Penn vs Hughes.

Post #49   9/22/12 6:21:30PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Bubbles

I don't see how any of those match-ups are bad stylistically for the champion except for Penn vs Hughes.

if you are going to list almost every win for Anderson then I will for GSP and Hughes.

Fitch and Koscheck have great wrestling and could have posed a thread to GSP...and Koscheck can hit pretty hard. Alves was considered one of, if not the best striker at WW at the point in time. Penn has one of the best TDD in the sport, solid boxing, granite chin and BJJ black belt

Newton was a great grappler and could have subbes Hughes. GSP was younger and faster and a better striker. I don't know much about Sakurai at the time but according to MMA Weekly in Feb 2002 (a month before the fight) he was the #3 WW while Hughes was #5.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #50   9/24/12 8:47:55AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4