Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anderson says win or lose to Bonnar, he may not return to middleweight

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by BillsNewAccount

I grow tired from all these lies surrounding Chael Sonnen's name. Chael clearly stated that he is undefeated at middle weight and is the present 205 champ. If he wasn't the champ then how did he get the belt? Everyone is going to feel real stupid when he beats Forrest Griffin... Again!

you might be mistake because heres the vid where he smells forrests balls before blacking out again

Sonnen loves the smell of normal sized testes

Forrest Griffin spent the round fighting off his back. I'd give the round to Chael 10-9.

And the fight to Forrests balls via finish in the first.

Post #31   9/21/12 3:11:21PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

He can duck Weidman all he wants..... either way he's posturing for a shot against Vitor if Vitor wins.... I could definitely see Silva beating most heavyweights as they would be much slower but not able to handle Andersons punches and footwork....

Anderson would be a killer against Uber and possibly Cain

SMH

Post #32   9/21/12 4:02:20PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I don't mind him staying at 205 as long as 2 things happen

1) he vacates the MW belt
2) fights Jones

He's done enough at MW, and Jones seems like a natural progression for him. Screw GSP.

Post #33   9/21/12 4:37:10PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

He can duck Weidman all he wants..... either way he's posturing for a shot against Vitor if Vitor wins.... I could definitely see Silva beating most heavyweights as they would be much slower but not able to handle Andersons punches and footwork....

SMH

I know right? I hug Silva's nuts as much as the best of them, but I think he'd get ragdolled vs Velasquez/Overeem/any non fat HW

Post #34   9/21/12 4:55:56PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Manak

I'm still baffled people andy is scarred or ducking someone. lets just look at this list:

Dan Henderson
Chael Sonnen x2
Rich Franklin x2
Forest Griffin
Vitor Belfort
Nate Marquardt
Yushin Okami
finally openly said he wants GSP (even thought it great timing for and bad for GSP

but after fighting and finishing all these guys listed minus GSP, in what way is weidman a stand out from that list to be scared of???

if he wants to vacate the title it is not because of he is scarred to fight weidman, it is because he wants big fights to finish his career and weidman doesnt have the name or credentials to help andy's resume. yes Jon Jones would be the best fight for him to challenge himself but both guys don't want it yet so I am for the time being over it. so if he wants to fight big names and higher weight classes than coo just vacate the title. ghandikush points out a good point that he could just be setting him self up for a vitor rematch if vitor is the LHW champ

yes thats a nice list, but how many of those guys actually match up well and arent stylistically at a disadvantage? Sonnen, GSP and maybe Hendo. Weidman is like Sonnen with far better striking and sub defense. Silva wants nothing to do with Weidman and it isnt because of money

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #35   9/21/12 5:54:21PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Manak

I'm still baffled people andy is scarred or ducking someone. lets just look at this list:

Dan Henderson
Chael Sonnen x2
Rich Franklin x2
Forest Griffin
Vitor Belfort
Nate Marquardt
Yushin Okami
finally openly said he wants GSP (even thought it great timing for and bad for GSP

but after fighting and finishing all these guys listed minus GSP, in what way is weidman a stand out from that list to be scared of???

if he wants to vacate the title it is not because of he is scarred to fight weidman, it is because he wants big fights to finish his career and weidman doesnt have the name or credentials to help andy's resume. yes Jon Jones would be the best fight for him to challenge himself but both guys don't want it yet so I am for the time being over it. so if he wants to fight big names and higher weight classes than coo just vacate the title. ghandikush points out a good point that he could just be setting him self up for a vitor rematch if vitor is the LHW champ

yes thats a nice list, but how many of those guys actually match up well and arent stylistically at a disadvantage? Sonnen, GSP and maybe Hendo. Weidman is like Sonnen with far better striking and sub defense. Silva wants nothing to do with Weidman and it isnt because of money

Weidman is what Okami SHOULD have been... A VERY bad matchup.

Post #36   9/21/12 6:17:09PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
I agree that he is duckign Weidman and he is posturing for Belfort. Thats a damn joke too. Ive always had the utmost respect for Anderson over the years, but in the last year he has almost totally ruined that. He started out by slapping all the fans in the face and refusing to fight Jones. BUT Jones refuses too so he cant be totally to blame. Then he fights Sonnen and does one underhaded thing after another in the fight. Then the NSAC guy comes out and admits they know Anderson is doign illegal shit and basically doesnt care if he ever coems back to Nevada. Then he begins his campaign to duck Weidman. WHich is an absolute joke. Yes Weidman is green, but IMO hes a bad style match up that is causing the duck. Now he tries to posture for a fight vs Belfort, but I bet he changes his tune when Jones waxes that ass. Its all so boxing like that its really pissing me off. HIm and Jones are going to single handedly ruin this great sport of ours. I am stunned that one of my favorite fighters (Jones) and one the the fighters I respect most in all of MMA history (Anderson) have behaved in this manner over the last year or so. Makes me sad to think of the path this sport is heading on. They sound like Mayweather!

Post #37   9/21/12 7:09:08PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,363
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

I agree that he is duckign Weidman and he is posturing for Belfort. Thats a damn joke too. Ive always had the utmost respect for Anderson over the years, but in the last year he has almost totally ruined that. He started out by slapping all the fans in the face and refusing to fight Jones. BUT Jones refuses too so he cant be totally to blame. Then he fights Sonnen and does one underhaded thing after another in the fight. Then the NSAC guy comes out and admits they know Anderson is doign illegal shit and basically doesnt care if he ever coems back to Nevada. Then he begins his campaign to duck Weidman. WHich is an absolute joke. Yes Weidman is green, but IMO hes a bad style match up that is causing the duck. Now he tries to posture for a fight vs Belfort, but I bet he changes his tune when Jones waxes that ass. Its all so boxing like that its really pissing me off. HIm and Jones are going to single handedly ruin this great sport of ours. I am stunned that one of my favorite fighters (Jones) and one the the fighters I respect most in all of MMA history (Anderson) have behaved in this manner over the last year or so. Makes me sad to think of the path this sport is heading on. They sound like Mayweather!

He's probably ducking Glover Teixeira too, just like Shogun did!

Post #38   9/21/12 7:24:07PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Manak

Dan Henderson
Chael Sonnen x2
Rich Franklin x2
Forest Griffin
Vitor Belfort
Nate Marquardt
Yushin Okami

My thoughts exactly

WAR BUBS

Post #39   9/21/12 7:34:21PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:647-349
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by the-king

i feel like im not interested in anymore fights ad mw anyway so he might as well

Agreed. However, I would like to see Weidman get a crack down the road. Other than that, not many others tickle my fancy.

There are so many interesting fights for Silva at 205.

you guys bored with silva spectacularly knocking people out at mw ?

Post #40   9/21/12 8:00:24PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by kopower

Posted by the-king

i feel like im not interested in anymore fights ad mw anyway so he might as well

Agreed. However, I would like to see Weidman get a crack down the road. Other than that, not many others tickle my fancy.

There are so many interesting fights for Silva at 205.

I want him to move up, no 205ers are gonna hang with him outside Bones and Rashad.... He looks that much better with his speed when he's killing them.

Silva TKO rd1 Bonnar just wait.

Post #41   9/21/12 10:24:33PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Anderon doesn't "duck" Weidman. Let's make that clear. Anderson has more than proved himself. Weidman is just another guy guy seeking glory, it isn't Anderson's responsibility to acknowledge this guy until a match is signed.

Last edited 9/21/12 11:20PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #42   9/21/12 11:20:05PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by ghandikush

Anderon doesn't "duck" Weidman. Let's make that clear. Anderson has more than proved himself. Weidman is just another guy guy seeking glory, it isn't Anderson's responsibility to acknowledge this guy until a match is signed.

And let ME make something clear, anderson is my number 2 fave all time since 2007 and he DUCKED Chael rematch and is DUCKING Weidman.

He may be great, and certainly the best there ever was at 185 and the best by far today at that weight...... but he wants no part of a great wrestler with actual sub D

A lot of people never realized how scurred he was to engage the only two great submission guys he fought for fear of the takedown (Leitas Maia)

Last edited 9/21/12 11:40PM server time by ghandikush

Post #43   9/21/12 11:39:28PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,225-1,198
Chips:

Don't get me wrong. It's very entertaining seeing him toy with people. I need some new excitement though. I want to see how he handles himself against some top 205'ers

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #44   9/21/12 11:44:39PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Other than Sonnen (2x), Okami, Lutter, Maia, Leites, and Dan Henderson I can't think of one guy that was a bad stylistic match up for him.

But wait......

Can you think of ANY champion in the history of the sport who has fought that many guys who are supposedly a bad match up on paper?? Name one. Please.

Edit: You could probably add Marquardt in there too.

Last edited 9/22/12 2:14AM server time by bjj1605

Post #45   9/22/12 2:14:03AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4