Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pic: Matt Hughes flies to Africa, kills giant antelope

Print  
  Page 6 of 7   <<   3     4     5     6     7  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,658-951
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by BigBadAl

Humans ARE top of the food chain on the planet Earth. Not sure how this is even debatable.

Yeah, this is beyond me as well. Just someone trying to do a science but being incorrect. It happens.

Post #76   9/21/12 2:27:24PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Chips:
Touche P_F, but this begs the question: what about vampirethhhhs....cereally!

Post #77   9/21/12 2:53:52PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

If Matt Hughes want's to go to Africa and hunt or trap Animals who cares? If he doesn't someone else surely will.

Thats like saying if priests don't fiddle kids someone else will come along and do it.

Post #78   9/21/12 4:22:40PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by frizzzlecake

If Matt Hughes want's to go to Africa and hunt or trap Animals who cares? If he doesn't someone else surely will.

Thats like saying if priests don't fiddle kids someone else will come along and do it.

to be fair Infestructure, its like saying if you don't do _______ (insert any action) then someone else will.

Post #79   9/21/12 4:42:46PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by infestructure

Posted by frizzzlecake

to be fair Infestructure, its like saying if you don't do _______ (insert any action) then someone else will.

Sorry bout that, trying to be funny, and nosediving into the dirt...

Post #80   9/21/12 9:52:02PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by BigBadAl

Humans ARE top of the food chain on the planet Earth. Not sure how this is even debatable.

Yeah, this is beyond me as well. Just someone trying to do a science but being incorrect. It happens.

When you have to cheat to win a false title, it's hardly a prize.

Post #81   9/21/12 11:16:47PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

@ cooler

If the mice you mentioned had the ability to kill anything it wanted then yes it would be at the top of the foodchain

The reason we get to use knives against sharks is because that's our weapon. We are smart enough to make tools. The sharks on the other hand only have their teeth and size. Why do the sharks get to use their teeth? That's not fair we don't have teeth like them. See what I'm saying? Us not being able to use things like knives would be like any other animal not being able to use their best defense against predators or their best weapons to kill prey.

You would still die most of the time even with something as big as a spear and it doesn't make it a fair fight regardless of what the shark has, we used to have sharper teeth and nails as well, so what, our niche was our brains. You still go into the fight with the shark at an advantage especially when you bring heavy artillery into the mix (siting, look I can kill something bigger than me with weapons, again, not impressive). Lets skip sharks and go to whales because a one on one with a whale does require excessive force and premeditation.

What you are able to eat matters less to being atop of the food chain. Would you then be claiming smaller animals (lower on the chain) can't kill bigger predators... If everything on the planet can eat the mouse with ease without their technologies and weapons, it's a most credulous title for them to claim.

Post #82   9/21/12 11:28:06PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by infestructure
*dominant is the word you meant to use.

Now you are arguing semantics, the definition of 'top of the food chain' is subjective. I would argue humans are in fact on top of the food chain, just because its 'not fair' that we use 'excessive force' to kill these animals does not make our standing any less in the food chain.

No need to correct a grammatical mistake if you understand it, just makes you sound like you're trying to validate what your saying by proclaiming 'look at your grammar error, you meant dominant you dumbass' yes sometimes errors happen, sorry to offend your eyeballs.

Fairness has everything to do with the that moniker, how is taking that title any different than.. "Hey I caught all these bears (they're in a cage) watch me shoot them all and prove I'm top of the food chain" that's just arrogant, the true label is dominant species on the planet, same with the hypothetical evolved mice. Why not also bring a bazooka into the water with you to get a whale. I'm top of the food chain.. but I'm a little pussy and shoot from a distance.

Posted by infestructure

Fairness never comes into it, fairness is a human construct.

That's ridiculous, plenty of other animals have feelings of altruism and systems of justice, mostly within the mammal kingdom but plenty of evidence of evolved emotions none the less. Not only that but there are animals with better organs than ourselves, like Squids having better eyes for example.

Last edited 9/21/12 11:46PM server time by cooler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #83   9/21/12 11:45:04PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

Now you are arguing semantics, the definition of 'top of the food chain' is subjective. I would argue humans are in fact on top of the food chain, just because its 'not fair' that we use 'excessive force' to kill these animals does not make our standing any less in the food chain.

No need to correct a grammatical mistake if you understand it, just makes you sound like you're trying to validate what your saying by proclaiming 'look at your grammar error, you meant dominant you dumbass' yes sometimes errors happen, sorry to offend your eyeballs.

Fairness has everything to do with the that moniker, how is taking that title any different than.. "Hey I caught all these bears (they're in a cage) watch me shoot them all and prove I'm top of the food chain" that's just arrogant, the true label is dominant species on the planet, same with the hypothetical evolved mice. Why not also bring a bazooka into the water with you to get a whale. I'm top of the food chain.. but I'm a little pussy and shoot from a distance.

Posted by infestructure

That's ridiculous, plenty of other animals have feelings of altruism and systems of justice, mostly within the mammal kingdom but plenty of evidence of evolved emotions none the less. Not only that but there are animals with better organs than ourselves, like Squids having better eyes for example.

I apologise if you took offense to my correcting you, you used the wrong word and I thought you would like to know that, I never implied you were a 'dumbass'.

Of course fairness is a human construct, do you see anteaters thinking - "maybe I shouldn't use my wonderful tongue to eat all these ants, its unfair" Have you seen what chimpanzee's do to smaller monkeys? Killer whales play baseball with half dead seals.

I have no Idea where you were going with the squid eye thing.

posted by Cooler
When you have to cheat to win a false title, it's hardly a prize

How is it cheating? We earned this big brain by filling a niche, just like every creature on this planet earned its spot, by filling a niche

Last edited 9/22/12 1:09AM server time by infestructure

Post #84   9/22/12 1:08:02AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,662-1,458
Chips:
Just think about it this way:

100 million Sharks are killed by humans every year. Roughly 11,000 every hour. To the point where they are close to extinction.

As a human, you are more likely to be killed in a car crash, by a falling vending machine, or a falling coconut than to be eaten by a shark. No where in the forseable future will humans be in danger of extinction from Shark attacks.

link

Still think they are higher than us on the food chain? Just because a shark CAN kill a human, doesnt make them the top predator. If you consider the entire planet as one big ecosystem, humans are the top predator. We dont need big teeth or horns, our brains are the greatest destructive evolutionary tool that has ever existed in the history of the earth.

Post #85   9/22/12 11:14:50AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Just think about it this way:

100 million Sharks are killed by humans every year. Roughly 11,000 every hour. To the point where they are close to extinction.

As a human, you are more likely to be killed in a car crash, by a falling vending machine, or a falling coconut than to be eaten by a shark. No where in the forseable future will humans be in danger of extinction from Shark attacks.

link

Still think they are higher than us on the food chain? Just because a shark CAN kill a human, doesnt make them the top predator. If you consider the entire planet as one big ecosystem, humans are the top predator. We dont need big teeth or horns, our brains are the greatest destructive evolutionary tool that has ever existed in the history of the earth.

x100000000000000

/thread

Post #86   9/22/12 11:31:18AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by infestructure

Posted by infestructure

I apologise if you took offense to my correcting you, you used the wrong word and I thought you would like to know that, I never implied you were a 'dumbass'.

Of course fairness is a human construct, do you see anteaters thinking - "maybe I shouldn't use my wonderful tongue to eat all these ants, its unfair" Have you seen what chimpanzee's do to smaller monkeys? Killer whales play baseball with half dead seals.

I have no Idea where you were going with the squid eye thing.

posted by Cooler
When you have to cheat to win a false title, it's hardly a prize

How is it cheating? We earned this big brain by filling a niche, just like every creature on this planet earned its spot, by filling a niche

You took time out to correct a mistake that didn't need to be, it was douchey.

Fairness is not a human contruct I just told you other animals have altruism, social structures and systems of justice. And you mention what bad things other animals do... what about humans? (another animal, dont forget that). I cant think of another species who is so cruel to other animals and then has the gall to say evolved emotions are excusively human, that's an arrogant human contruct

Post #87   9/22/12 7:28:17PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Chips:
Altruism and systems of justice don't come into the question of who's on top of the food chain.

Again, you argue semantics with me and avoid the real issue, which is humanity's place on the food chain, which is undeniably the top.

again, /thread

Post #88   9/23/12 6:47:03AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
My two cents is that the deer is the most dangerous animal on the planet.
Seriously......I've had more deers try to kill me than zombies,terrorist,dinosaurs,sharks,racoons,snakes,spiders,other humans,etc.

Deers are f$*%ing evil. They love to jump out in front of your car and pretend to be innocent.
If deers ever learn to use firearms where all in a river of shit. Zombie deers even worse. Zombie deers created by terrorist..... Don't get me started.

Last edited 9/23/12 8:48AM server time by mrsmiley

Post #89   9/23/12 8:46:10AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

My two cents is that the deer is the most dangerous animal on the planet.
Seriously......I've had more deers try to kill me than zombies,terrorist,dinosaurs,sharks,racoons,snakes,spiders,other humans,etc.

Deers are f$*%ing evil. They love to jump out in front of your car and pretend to be innocent.
If deers ever learn to use firearms where all in a river of shit. Zombie deers even worse. Zombie deers created by terrorist..... Don't get me started.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #90   9/23/12 9:52:58AM   

Page 6 of 7   <<   3     4     5     6     7