Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pic: Matt Hughes flies to Africa, kills giant antelope

Print  
  Page 5 of 7   <<   2     3     4     5     6     7  
Posted By Message

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Franklinfan47

In Canada we kill our animals like real men by beating them with bats. But only if youre a baby seal.

hockey sticks > baseball bats

I prefer to tickle them with a feather duster.

Post #61   9/20/12 8:42:44PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,605-1,426
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I just dont see the appeal of shooting animals, especially when they are endangered. When I want to shoot something, I go to the gun store in vegas. I mean come on, you can shoot:

Zombies

or.....

Zombie Osama!

Post #62   9/20/12 11:28:27PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

I just dont see the appeal of shooting animals, especially when they are endangered. When I want to shoot something, I go to the gun store in vegas. I mean come on, you can shoot:

Interesting, it's illegal to shoot man shaped targets in New Zealand.

Last edited 9/21/12 12:56AM server time by infestructure
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #63   9/21/12 12:56:11AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Franklinfan47

Interesting, it's illegal to shoot man shaped targets in New Zealand.

Yet another reason to say:

Post #64   9/21/12 1:00:28AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by george112

Posted by Cooler

Posted by george112

Posted by Cooler

Posted by george112

When I read the thread title I was already thinking how I was gonna post about this bothering me for some reason

I personally have been hunting a few times. Hog hunting that is. It's a needed thing around here in Texas.

However I think taking big game like with a rifle is cowardly. Anyone can get behind a fireman and shoot a bullet an kill an animal. Its TOO easy.

I feel like animals .especially big animals like that deserve some respect from us humans. Give it a fair shake and hunt with a bow. If you can't kill it with a bow then concede defeat and try again some other time. Don't take the easy way out and use a rifle.

Pansy.

We are lucky as humans really. Top of the food chain. Nothing to put us in our place. Nobody can even imagine being hunted by some higher species. Being made to do things. Makes me sick

There's plenty of animals you wouldn't be able to kill with a bow or gun, which under this logic means that you aren't at the top of the food chain. Homo Sapiens are absolutely not at the top of the food chain. We are the most evolved sure but top of the food chain we are not.

Name 5 animals that can't be killed by a bow or gun.

But the fact that we have the means to kill anything we want makes us the top of the food chain.

Our intelligence is our weapon. Just as teeth are for sharks. Just as claws are for lions. Just as brute strength is for gorillas

There's lots of things that cant be killed by a bow or gun, a Bear being the best example, shooting a bear with a bow would just piss him off, even a headshot. And sometimes headshots with guns won't put a bear down. So right there you have weapons that YOU need in a fight with another animal because you have no natural defense against them except to use weapons. A chimp could use a rock to smash your head in because he's stronger than you and used his brain to kill you, would you be willing to have a knife fight with a chimp? I wouldn't bet against the chimp that's for sure. A whale would probably need to be taken out with a water proof bazooka of some sort, no single person with a gun or spear could kill a giant blue whale. Even in the water your best weapon against a Shark or an Orca probably gives you a slim chance at winning at best. Lots of animals can use their intelligence to kill you; there used to be giant Eagles who would prey on early humans with stealth and cunning. I would obviously concede we are the smartest but claiming top of the food chain because you have weapons and numbers is arrogant, it's akin to being proud of shooting Bears in a cage. Give yourself those claws and teeth of the predators and you still lose, we are the ones who had to adapt to a world of predators, and it took millions of years to overcome them, mostly because of our numbers though, not so much because we are smarter, if Lions or Bears were as abundant as us we'd have a major clash of species still.

Every instance you suggested would totally be dependent on what kind of weapon you would have selected. Obviously you could in fact kill a bear with let's say a fifty caliber. Hell I'm sure I could take out my 330 and go out and take out a good sized bear with it.

For you to say intelligence has not much to do with it is just mind blowing. The same intelligence I'm talking about is enabling you to even post and discuss this on the computer.

Me with gun vs. Chimp with ANYTHING - I come out victorious

Also have you ever seen the show Whale Wars?

That right there is my response to your whale and ocean comment

Because I debunked you by saying a Chimp could use his intelligence and brawn to beat you with most weapons you could find laying around like a rock or a big stick... you picked a gun against a monkey, the best you can do is premeditated killing then because you probably wouldn't be prepared with a gun unless you were a sicko hunting for sport. If you have a gun vs. a chimp you are a fucking coward if you use a sniper against a Bear you are a coward, that's all there is to it. If you use a bazooka or machine guns against a whale on a boat, you are a coward, get in the water with the whale if you want that top of the food chain moniker, use a knife against a shark if you think you are above the shark, and the myriad of animals that would eat you without a pussy-ass weapon in your hand. Until then you're just another arrogant ape claiming to be at the "top of the food chain"when the only way you can overcome is to use excessive force that you do not possess without at the least a gun or explosives. I already conceded that we were the smartest and that makes us the most dominate species but only because of evolutionary factors like numbers and intelligence.

You can kill any animal with any weapon.

And why do you get a knife vs a shark? Thats a weapon, we should just get fists and teeth. Our bacteria in our mouths would probably kill a lot of animal a few days after we bit them

Basically we are weak, hairless bags of flesh, and when we are put into almost any animal's natural environment, we come off second best.
The key to humans being the top of the food chain is our ability to change the circumstances to our advantage with pre thought and knowledge. We make every environment we go into our new habitat.

I'm glad mostly cool heads have prevailed on this thread

Last edited 9/21/12 1:09AM server time by infestructure

Post #65   9/21/12 1:06:38AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by george112

Hey cooler, you may or may not know it but you basically agreed with everything I said in my first post

Which is why I only addressed your food chain comment.

Posted by george112
All that coward stuff you said . I said that

And the evolution comment.

We aren't the only ones who evolved. Evolving shouldn't be held against us like your making it out to be. So because we're smart enough to create something we shouldn't be considered top of the food chain? What makes us not the top of the food chain?

Being on top of the food chain holds no bias towards being more evolved or the smartest. It just so happened that we happened to be all that. Could easily have been some other species who had some sort of greater intelligence with the capacity to kill anything else and all the while take minimal damage to its own species

I didn't say it should be held against us that we are more evolved but in a fair battle (or at least semi-fair fight with small weapons) humans are far from the top of any food chain. I mean Rhinos, Hippos, Elephants, Bears, Lions, Tigers, Buffalos, Wildebeasts, Oxen, Moose, Cougars, Jaguars, Leopards, Gorillas, Orangutans, and some others humans still need excessive force or numbers to beat one. That's hardly atop a food chain. That's like saying if Mice surpassed our own evolution in the distant future, took over the world and started eating any animal they want like we do. But are they at the top though? when everything can eat them or stomp them...They would just be the dominate species of a planet, on top in the arrogant sense that they are more advanced, sure whatever gets their ego off ya know?

Post #66   9/21/12 1:16:42AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Cooler

Posted by george112

Posted by Cooler

Posted by george112

Posted by Cooler

Posted by george112

When I read the thread title I was already thinking how I was gonna post about this bothering me for some reason

I personally have been hunting a few times. Hog hunting that is. It's a needed thing around here in Texas.

However I think taking big game like with a rifle is cowardly. Anyone can get behind a fireman and shoot a bullet an kill an animal. Its TOO easy.

I feel like animals .especially big animals like that deserve some respect from us humans. Give it a fair shake and hunt with a bow. If you can't kill it with a bow then concede defeat and try again some other time. Don't take the easy way out and use a rifle.

Pansy.

We are lucky as humans really. Top of the food chain. Nothing to put us in our place. Nobody can even imagine being hunted by some higher species. Being made to do things. Makes me sick

There's plenty of animals you wouldn't be able to kill with a bow or gun, which under this logic means that you aren't at the top of the food chain. Homo Sapiens are absolutely not at the top of the food chain. We are the most evolved sure but top of the food chain we are not.

Name 5 animals that can't be killed by a bow or gun.

But the fact that we have the means to kill anything we want makes us the top of the food chain.

Our intelligence is our weapon. Just as teeth are for sharks. Just as claws are for lions. Just as brute strength is for gorillas

There's lots of things that cant be killed by a bow or gun, a Bear being the best example, shooting a bear with a bow would just piss him off, even a headshot. And sometimes headshots with guns won't put a bear down. So right there you have weapons that YOU need in a fight with another animal because you have no natural defense against them except to use weapons. A chimp could use a rock to smash your head in because he's stronger than you and used his brain to kill you, would you be willing to have a knife fight with a chimp? I wouldn't bet against the chimp that's for sure. A whale would probably need to be taken out with a water proof bazooka of some sort, no single person with a gun or spear could kill a giant blue whale. Even in the water your best weapon against a Shark or an Orca probably gives you a slim chance at winning at best. Lots of animals can use their intelligence to kill you; there used to be giant Eagles who would prey on early humans with stealth and cunning. I would obviously concede we are the smartest but claiming top of the food chain because you have weapons and numbers is arrogant, it's akin to being proud of shooting Bears in a cage. Give yourself those claws and teeth of the predators and you still lose, we are the ones who had to adapt to a world of predators, and it took millions of years to overcome them, mostly because of our numbers though, not so much because we are smarter, if Lions or Bears were as abundant as us we'd have a major clash of species still.

Every instance you suggested would totally be dependent on what kind of weapon you would have selected. Obviously you could in fact kill a bear with let's say a fifty caliber. Hell I'm sure I could take out my 330 and go out and take out a good sized bear with it.

For you to say intelligence has not much to do with it is just mind blowing. The same intelligence I'm talking about is enabling you to even post and discuss this on the computer.

Me with gun vs. Chimp with ANYTHING - I come out victorious

Also have you ever seen the show Whale Wars?

That right there is my response to your whale and ocean comment

Because I debunked you by saying a Chimp could use his intelligence and brawn to beat you with most weapons you could find laying around like a rock or a big stick... you picked a gun against a monkey, the best you can do is premeditated killing then because you probably wouldn't be prepared with a gun unless you were a sicko hunting for sport. If you have a gun vs. a chimp you are a fucking coward if you use a sniper against a Bear you are a coward, that's all there is to it. If you use a bazooka or machine guns against a whale on a boat, you are a coward, get in the water with the whale if you want that top of the food chain moniker, use a knife against a shark if you think you are above the shark, and the myriad of animals that would eat you without a pussy-ass weapon in your hand. Until then you're just another arrogant ape claiming to be at the "top of the food chain"when the only way you can overcome is to use excessive force that you do not possess without at the least a gun or explosives. I already conceded that we were the smartest and that makes us the most dominate species but only because of evolutionary factors like numbers and intelligence.

You can kill any animal with any weapon.

And why do you get a knife vs a shark? Thats a weapon, we should just get fists and teeth. Our bacteria in our mouths would probably kill a lot of animal a few days after we bit them

Basically we are weak, hairless bags of flesh, and when we are put into almost any animal's natural environment, we come off second best.
The key to humans being the top of the food chain is our ability to change the circumstances to our advantage with pre thought and knowledge. We make every environment we go into our new habitat.

I'm glad mostly cool heads have prevailed on this thread

All you've described is a dominate species of a planet, not that species being atop of a food chain. Seriously look at the mouse analogy I just wrote to George about if Mice evolved past us.

Post #67   9/21/12 1:20:29AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cooler

All you've described is a dominate species of a planet, not that species being atop of a food chain. Seriously look at the mouse analogy I just wrote to George about if Mice evolved past us.

*dominant is the word you meant to use.

Now you are arguing semantics, the definition of 'top of the food chain' is subjective. I would argue humans are in fact on top of the food chain, just because its 'not fair' that we use 'excessive force' to kill these animals does not make our standing any less in the food chain.

Fairness never comes into it, fairness is a human construct.

heres my reply to your 'mouse analogy'

Posted by Cooler

That's like saying if Mice surpassed our own evolution in the distant future, took over the world and started eating any animal they want like we do. But are they at the top though?

Um...Yes.
Taking over the world and eating any animal you want to would kinda be my definition of 'top of the food chain'

Last edited 9/21/12 1:47AM server time by infestructure
3 total post edits

Post #68   9/21/12 1:37:57AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,237-808
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
@ cooler

If the mice you mentioned had the ability to kill anything it wanted then yes it would be at the top of the foodchain

The reason we get to use knives against sharks is because that's our weapon. We are smart enough to make tools. The sharks on the other hand only have their teeth and size. Why do the sharks get to use their teeth? That's not fair we don't have teeth like them. See what I'm saying? Us not being able to use things like knives would be like any other animal not being able to use their best defense against predators or their best weapons to kill prey.

Post #69   9/21/12 6:49:02AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,271-1,222
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
We'd be in hella trouble here.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #70   9/21/12 12:17:55PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Chips:

Post #71   9/21/12 1:16:46PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
Humans ARE top of the food chain on the planet Earth. Not sure how this is even debatable.

Post #72   9/21/12 1:20:32PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:493-296
Chips:
If Matt Hughes want's to go to Africa and hunt or trap Animals who cares? If he doesn't someone else surely will. If he finds it thrilling to do a drive-by in Africa more power to him, if he actually hunt's the animal good for him.

Personally I enjoyed his hunting of BJJ Grapplers to be more exciting.

Post #73   9/21/12 1:30:30PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,526-871
Chips:

Post #74   9/21/12 2:17:43PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,048-608
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

Humans ARE top of the food chain on the planet Earth. Not sure how this is even debatable.

Yeah, this is beyond me as well. Just someone trying to do a science but being incorrect. It happens.

Post #75   9/21/12 2:20:43PM   

Page 5 of 7   <<   2     3     4     5     6     7