Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pic: Matt Hughes flies to Africa, kills giant antelope

Print  
  Page 4 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6     7  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Take it easy guys, no reason for anyone to get too crazy in here after you've said your opinions on hunting. Let's let this die, or let others try to bring in a fresh perspective rather than arguing.

Post #46   9/20/12 6:12:06PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,658-951
Chips:

Post #47   9/20/12 6:14:37PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Hey cooler, you may or may not know it but you basically agreed with everything I said in my first post

All that coward stuff you said . I said that

And the evolution comment.

We aren't the only ones who evolved. Evolving shouldn't be held against us like your making it out to be. So because we're smart enough to create something we shouldn't be considered top of the food chain? What makes us not the top of the food chain?

Being on top of the food chain holds no bias towards being more evolved or the smartest. It just so happened that we happened to be all that. Could easily have been some other species who had some sort of greater intelligence with the capacity to kill anything else and all the while take minimal damage to its own species

@cowcatcher

All cordial here man

The !!! And "seriouslys!" Just theatrics

Last edited 9/20/12 6:30PM server time by george112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #48   9/20/12 6:28:23PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,662-1,458
Chips:

Posted by postman

I love ya George but this is one of the most misguided ignorant posts I have ever read. First off who are any of you to judge hunters yet your a fan of a sport that no matter how you look at it really is nothing more then Human cock fighting? A sport that has faced so many critics now all of a sudden you guys want to attack Hunters? Secondly it is not at all easy to get behind a Gun and kill an animal. It can be made easier for sure and is much harder then with a bow. But you do realize they are in the african desert in extream heat with little to hide them and predators everywhere if anything its far harder then your average deer hunt. Lastly Big Game Hunting is big money all over the world Countrys like the ones in Africa can use all the money they can get. I'm shocked at everyone is on their high horse.

Well for one, MMA is consentual. Both fighters agree to meet in the ring and fight, unlike cock fighting. There's a choice involved, so I dont see the comparison. The animal doesnt have a choice in hunting to be picked off by some drunken red neck.

Second, LMAO @ "its not easy to get behind a gun and shoot an animal". Are you kidding me? With all the scopes and sights they have now adays, its easy as hell. Youre making these poachers out to be the victims in all this?

Third, the whole "this provides income for Africa" argument is bullshit. Pollution generates big money for companies because they can cut corners, does that make it right to poison our planet? They could easily just turn these shooting ranges into safari excursions for tourists and still make money. Defenseless animals dont need to die. Typical fuckin Americans no wonder you have the highest gun homicide rate of any country.

Post #49   9/20/12 6:41:09PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Chips:
PS Humans are at the top of the food chain. Read a fuckin book.

Post #50   9/20/12 6:44:17PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Second, LMAO @ "its not easy to get behind a gun and shoot an animal". Are you kidding me? With all the scopes and sights they have now adays, its easy as hell. Youre making these poachers out to be the victims in all this?

You don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about if you really believe this. Have you ever hunted anything? If you think it was too easy for Hughes on this particular hunt, I would probably agree with you but it can be incredibly hard to stalk deer/elk ect. In fact the majority of tags for big game go unfilled because unless you get lucky there is nothing easy about trying to legally take an animal that has literally been hunted since it existed. I wish it was as easy as you think it is.

And drop the "typical American" bullshit, that is such a weak card to play because you have the privilege to get to know thousands of us here on this site, should I assume that you don't like any of us?Are we all the same? YOUR country has plenty of its own problems so how about you worry about them and lay off the "bitch about the US" bandwagon like it is an original concept. And where do you get your information? Please post your source about the US having the highest firearm homicide rate out of any country.

Derp a derp

Still not number 1

Last edited 9/20/12 7:16PM server time by Adrenaline
3 total post edits

Post #51   9/20/12 7:08:42PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Franklinfan47

You don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about if you really believe this. Have you ever hunted anything? If you think it was too easy for Hughes on this particular hunt, I would probably agree with you but it can be incredibly hard to stalk deer/elk ect. In fact the majority of tags for big game go unfilled because unless you get lucky there is nothing easy about trying to legally take an animal that has literally been hunted since it existed. I wish it was as easy as you think it is.

And drop the "typical American" bullshit, that is such a weak card to play because you have the privilege to get to know thousands of us here on this site, should I assume that you don't like any of us?Are we all the same? YOUR country has plenty of its own problems so how about you worry about them and lay off the "bitch about the US" bandwagon like it is an original concept. And where do you get your information? Please post your source about the US having the highest firearm homicide rate out of any country.

Derp a derp

Still not number 1

Congrats, youre ahead of Mexico, Columbia and Jamaica The rate is still ridiculously high.

As for the easiness of hunting, perhaps I was generalizing. Most hunters I talk to use salt licks to attract deer so they literally walk right up to you so you can shoot them at point blank range. Same for bear baiting, using meat. To me, thats not hunting.

Im sure there are people out there who actually still hunt for food, but most ive seen just want to kill something to make them feel tough.

Post #52   9/20/12 7:44:04PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Chips:
From Adrenalins Derp link, the US info was between 2004-06 while Canadas was from 92. I would like to see where each country rates as of 2011

Edit: the other chart looks like its more up to date but from which year would be nice

Last edited 9/20/12 7:54PM server time by prophecy033

Post #53   9/20/12 7:52:13PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Congrats, youre ahead of Mexico, Columbia and Jamaica The rate is still ridiculously high.

Hasn't Talladega Nights taught you anything? If you're not first you're last.

Post #54   9/20/12 7:55:08PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Chips:
Well, this threads gone from a solid 2 flusher to the water shits

Post #55   9/20/12 8:02:14PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,196-759
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Franklinfan47

Hasn't Talladega Nights taught you anything? If you're not first you're last.

SHAKE-N-BAKE

Post #56   9/20/12 8:05:55PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

YOUR country has plenty of its own problems so how about you worry about them

In Canada we kill our animals like real men by beating them with bats. But only if youre a baby seal.

In all seriousness though, the seal hunt also really pisses me off.

Post #57   9/20/12 8:19:44PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Adrenaline

YOUR country has plenty of its own problems so how about you worry about them

In Canada we kill our animals like real men by beating them with bats. But only if youre a baby seal.

In all seriousness though, the seal hunt also really pisses me off.

lol see now you are being fair. We ALL do fucked up things

Post #58   9/20/12 8:21:58PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Damn, I was just about to get my popcorn. Shit was gettin real son!

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #59   9/20/12 8:29:20PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

hockey sticks > baseball bats

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #60   9/20/12 8:39:34PM   

Page 4 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6     7