Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Which fighters are the most disliked? (Poll + discussion)

Print  
Which fighter do you dislike most?
Rashad Evans 2 5%
Matt Hughes 8 18%
Michael Bisping 17 39%
Josh Koscheck 7 16%
Georges St Pierre 3 7%
Chael Sonnen 7 16%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Bisping Sonnen Hughes in that order..... I dont dislike them, I despise them..... Bad for the image of the sport too. How could Mir or Lesnar not take the GSP spot?

I like Kos even though he seems like a genuinely bad jocky type, but he never seemed to hurt the whole image of the sport... I like Rashad quite a bit, not a bad guy at all, just cocky and goofy..... I just thik people always hated seeing a chubby arrogant black guy come in and flatline Liddell and Forrest when Rashad never seemed the part. Sorry for the race card but this is about the only time I can imagine it applying.

Last edited 9/19/12 9:47AM server time by ghandikush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   9/19/12 9:47:15AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Likeable fighting style and likeable personality don't always go hand in hand, many of my favorite fighters have opened their mouths or acted in some way that makes them drop right down my list of 'liked' fighters. I'll still watch them fight, but it makes it even more exciting as they now have the possibility of getting KTFO. I also don't mean the Kalib Starnes's of the world either, they have to be slightly relevant.
So, in that vein, if there is a fighter that really grinds your gears, I want to know about it
This is not a diss thread. Be respectful in your opinions

For me, Matt Hughes takes the cake. He's arrogant and tries to force his beliefs on others, he's also overly racist and a bully. Benson Henderson is another I'm not too fond of.

not a big fan of hughes character either but when has he been overly racist ?

Post #17   9/19/12 9:48:27AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
don't know why sonnen is on the list, everything he says is golden.

Post #18   9/19/12 9:50:26AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

don't know why sonnen is on the list, everything he says is golden.

A lot of people dislike him despite how much love people have on this forum for whoever fights anderson Silva or now Jon Jones....

Post #19   9/19/12 10:02:55AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Bisping Sonnen Hughes in that order..... I dont dislike them, I despise them..... Bad for the image of the sport too. How could Mir or Lesnar not take the GSP spot?

I like Kos even though he seems like a genuinely bad jocky type, but he never seemed to hurt the whole image of the sport... I like Rashad quite a bit, not a bad guy at all, just cocky and goofy..... I just thik people always hated seeing a chubby arrogant black guy come in and flatline Liddell and Forrest when Rashad never seemed the part. Sorry for the race card but this is about the only time I can imagine it applying.

The only thing racist is your Mr. Burns like fingers hitting the keyboard.....SHUT UP already and go on vacation somewhere in the Middle East.

Post #20   9/19/12 12:32:07PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
Jones????????

Post #21   9/19/12 12:56:43PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ghandikush

The only thing racist is your Mr. Burns like fingers hitting the keyboard.....SHUT UP already and go on vacation somewhere in the Middle East.

My only response is

“Have you heard the things I say about him? Those are fighting words. Those are fighting words from the time I was a kid in the third grade through the time I’m a 30 year old man right now. If somebody says that about you, you must fight him. And he ducked me for six years.”

“I'd put Anderson Silva out for a year and when I'm done with that I'm gonna put GSP out for a decade.”

What really happened

Fight 1

Fight 2

You should appreciate that Chael, you obviously dont like submissions, but you LOVE ground and pound.... difference is Anderson finishes fights with his ground and pound, he doesnt dry hump and kiss his opponents while smothering pillowfists all over them

Oh yeah, who could forget this gem....

Anyway, you do talk well when youre not screaming from broken bonez.....

Anyway, better do something in the sport before you get as old as mr Burns.....

Last edited 9/19/12 1:48PM server time by ghandikush

Post #22   9/19/12 1:47:19PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Chips:
ghandikush = GOTTEN 2

Last edited 9/19/12 2:20PM server time by chael_sonnen
3 total post edits

Post #23   9/19/12 2:13:44PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

ghandikush = GOTTEN TO

absolutely, Chael= gotten to 8 times by submission and 3 by Gumby.... but talks smack about other fighters hahaha

see you at the BBQ...

Again, I will post every one of Chaels many fails.... Credeurs waiting for you back at Bodog brah

Last edited 9/19/12 2:23PM server time by ghandikush

Post #24   9/19/12 2:21:09PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,115-716
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
I picked Koscheck from the list. But he's not in my top 3

Everything from his goofy hair, stupid smerky lips, to his attitude makes me want to smack the piss out of the guy

Post #25   9/19/12 2:24:54PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

ghandikush = GOTTEN TO

absolutely, Chael= gotten to 8 times by submission and 3 by Gumby.... but talks smack about other fighters hahaha

see you at the BBQ...

Again, I will post every one of Chaels many fails.... Credeurs waiting for you back at Bodog brah

Again, thanks for playing, I LOVE THE ATTENTION

Tim got his ass kicked like you do on a daily basis by me

Post #26   9/19/12 2:44:48PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

ghandikush = GOTTEN TO

see you at the BBQ...

Again, thanks for playing, I LOVE THE ATTENTION

Tim got his ass kicked like you do on a daily basis by me

lol at least he wouldnt get beat by Gumby if he had three tries.... I mean chance should give you a 1 in 3.......

Welcome to Kush's BBQ, population, you....

The American Tapper at work

Last edited 9/19/12 3:02PM server time by ghandikush

Post #27   9/19/12 2:48:46PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by infestructure

Likeable fighting style and likeable personality don't always go hand in hand, many of my favorite fighters have opened their mouths or acted in some way that makes them drop right down my list of 'liked' fighters. I'll still watch them fight, but it makes it even more exciting as they now have the possibility of getting KTFO. I also don't mean the Kalib Starnes's of the world either, they have to be slightly relevant.
So, in that vein, if there is a fighter that really grinds your gears, I want to know about it
This is not a diss thread. Be respectful in your opinions

For me, Matt Hughes takes the cake. He's arrogant and tries to force his beliefs on others, he's also overly racist and a bully. Benson Henderson is another I'm not too fond of.

not a big fan of hughes character either but when has he been overly racist ?

What the hell is "overly racist"

Is it not "any amount of racism" ?

Post #28   9/19/12 3:04:43PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,115-716
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
Lol, I guess a little racism never hurt anyone

Post #29   9/19/12 5:05:07PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

What the hell is "overly racist"

Is it not "any amount of racism" ?

Haha no, I think everyone is a little racist, it's natural. As long as you judge individuals by their individual merit and not by their race.

To the other guy who asked my how Matt Hughes is racist, there are many items of evidence, plus you can tell by the way he acts and treats black people, it's obvious.

Post #30   9/19/12 5:12:53PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3