Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

You'll Never Guess How They Chose The Location For UFC ON FX 5

Print  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
As you would expect from the head of a billion-dollar business, Ultimate Fighting Championship CEO Lorenzo Fertitta does not take the future of his Las Vegas-based company for granted, and each decision that impacts his promotion is carefully considered while utilizing vast amounts of data, market research and historical perspective.

Of course, every now and then choices boil down to little more than a gut decision, or at least a decision dictated by the gut.

"It was kind of funny, because we do a lot of analysis and we're running numbers and doing all kinds of different things, and we said, 'Sometimes you just have to go literally by gut feel.

"I'm a huge fan of Guy Fieri's show, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and I had actually downloaded the app on my iPhone. I said, 'You know what we're going to do? I'm going to go on my app right now, and whichever city has more Guy Fieri locations, that's where we're going to do the fight.' That's literally how it came down."

USATODAY

Post #1   9/18/12 3:51:43AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Lmao, I love that show too. Not a bad way to choose

Post #2   9/18/12 4:20:31AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I know I'm not complaining

Maybe he should watch Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern so the UFC comes back to MN again

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   9/18/12 9:03:57AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
That reminds of the way I named my first Hardcore Punk band 20 years ago. There was a bunch of us hanging out at a friend's house and I said I will open the dictionary with my eyes closed and put my finger on a page and whatever word my finger lands on is going to be the band name. It landed on Leapfrog. It worked out quite well! :)

Post #4   9/18/12 11:42:18AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
Minnesota for the win. We do good food.

Post #5   9/18/12 10:00:47PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71