Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping: Weidman undeserving of No. 1 status after beating 'an out-of-shape fat man'

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:749-413
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
jjeans would you like to make a friendly av bet i will take stann ?

Post #16   9/15/12 5:59:10AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:749-413
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
my bad you already taken one

Post #17   9/15/12 6:00:23AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Aether

Anyway, Weidman will crush Bisping. If Jason Miller could take him down and beat him up for a round, Weidman is going to absolutely murder him.

what about the Sonnen fight?

Sonnen said in the post fight press conference that he didn't remember the first two rounds because Bisping hit him with something. He took and held him down easily in the third. Bisping's TD defence is not bad, but Weidman will put Bisping wherever he wants him IMO.

This isn't the conference, but he also mentions that he doesn't know what happened because he got hit in this interview.
Sonnen Post Fight

Found this floating around, as my friend has kept telling me about how sonnen got rocked by Bisping. He head butts him as he weaves accidentally. Take it for what it's worth.
link

Post #18   9/15/12 9:48:32AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,205-723
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Sorry man! Already got Belfort

Dirty Blue

Post #19   9/15/12 10:27:35AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,126-876
Chips:
Bisping wins the so called 4 man tourny, very very underrated and im not a fan so dont go claiming i am.

Post #20   9/15/12 4:32:23PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by tmas

Bisping wins the so called 4 man tourny, very very underrated and im not a fan so dont go claiming i am.

What does this mean? Bisping somehow got knocked down and tapped after the bell losing a dec to wanderlei.....

Post #21   9/15/12 4:52:37PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

I'll Av bet you if I get Bisping.

Post #22   9/15/12 5:48:25PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Shockingly I agree with Bisping here, Weidman needs to beat a top 5 even though he may be the best Middleweight in the world, people will know him if he beats a big name on say FOX for example.

Post #23   9/16/12 9:19:03PM   

bigrand826

MMA Regular

bigrand826 Avatar

Career:833-506
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Shockingly I agree with Bisping here, Weidman needs to beat a top 5 even though he may be the best Middleweight in the world, people will know him if he beats a big name on say FOX for example.

First off, I like your av.

As for the post I disagree. I guess part of it depends on what you feel makes one deserving of a title shot. For me, it varies from division to division because of the depth and strength of each. MW has always been one of the weaker divisions, but is now stronger than it has ever been (would be even stronger if Chael was still at MW).

Anyway, here is why I disagree. Bisping has never beaten a top 15 MW (depending on where you look for rankings), and beating Stann will give him his first. The Weidman-Boetsch winner will have 3 top 10 MW wins. Looking back at what previous challengers have done to earn a title shot, nobody besides Chael has had to get even 2 top 10 wins before getting a shot at Anderson's belt, so I don't see why the Weidman-Boetsch winner should have to get a 4th by beating the Bisping-Stann winner.

For me, barring injury, the Weidman-Boetsch winner should get the next MW title shot. The Bisping-Stann winner should face the Belcher-Okami winner. That fight can take place around the same time as the MW title fight and the winners of those two fights can fight next for the title. The winner of Bisping-Stann vs. Belcher-Okami will, depending on the winners and the resulting rankings, have 1-2 top 10 MW wins, which falls in line with what has typically earned a title shot in the MW division.

Post #24   9/17/12 10:14:26AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by bigrand826

Posted by Cooler

First off, I like your av.

As for the post I disagree. I guess part of it depends on what you feel makes one deserving of a title shot. For me, it varies from division to division because of the depth and strength of each. MW has always been one of the weaker divisions, but is now stronger than it has ever been (would be even stronger if Chael was still at MW).

Anyway, here is why I disagree. Bisping has never beaten a top 15 MW (depending on where you look for rankings), and beating Stann will give him his first. The Weidman-Boetsch winner will have 3 top 10 MW wins. Looking back at what previous challengers have done to earn a title shot, nobody besides Chael has had to get even 2 top 10 wins before getting a shot at Anderson's belt, so I don't see why the Weidman-Boetsch winner should have to get a 4th by beating the Bisping-Stann winner.

For me, barring injury, the Weidman-Boetsch winner should get the next MW title shot. The Bisping-Stann winner should face the Belcher-Okami winner. That fight can take place around the same time as the MW title fight and the winners of those two fights can fight next for the title. The winner of Bisping-Stann vs. Belcher-Okami will, depending on the winners and the resulting rankings, have 1-2 top 10 MW wins, which falls in line with what has typically earned a title shot in the MW division.

I don't mean Bisping deserves a title shot over Weidman, I just meant I agree with him that Weidman isn't that deserving but he is more deserving than Bisping I agree there. I always bring up that Bisping fights at least one tailor made fight for him every year which is why his record keeps looking decent, if he was running the gauntlet like Wandy or Akiyama his ass would have a bad record too. I also agree that Weidman vs Boetsch gets the next title shot, no question. Bisping needs to beat someone better than Stann, he needs to get past a Vitor or a strong wrestler like Chael etc.

Post #25   9/17/12 3:33:59PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2