Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bisping: Weidman undeserving of No. 1 status after beating 'an out-of-shape fat man'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
LAS VEGAS – UFC middleweight contender isn't looking past his UFC 152 opponent, Brian Stann.

But with what appears to be a bit of a four-man tournament lining up in the UFC's middleweight division – and with UFC President Dana White on Thursday declaring Chris Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) the division's No. 1 contender – the question seems unavoidable.

For the record, no, Bisping does not believe Weidman deserves that type of recognition. And while he's not so sure Weidman will make it past Tim Boetsch in their December fight, Bisping likes his chances against the grappling stud.

LINK

Post #1   9/14/12 5:41:23PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
Weidman submits Bisping 1st round

Post #2   9/14/12 5:57:06PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,232-801
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Bisping gets taken down and pummeled on

Post #3   9/14/12 6:14:40PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,809-1,609
Chips:
I don't really want to read this because it's probably the same recycled shit Bisping always says but by going by the title I have to call this guy ridiculous. Bisping who the hell have you beaten that's better than Mark Munoz? Or Maia for that matter (Not the best looking win but doing it on short notice with only 7 fights under your belt is pretty damn impressive)?

Bisping's biggest win at MW is either Leben or Akiyama and at LHW it's a bs decision over Matt Hamill. So in reality which one of these guys is better than Munoz? It's extremely hard for me not to bash this guy. VERY fuckin' hard.

Last edited 9/14/12 6:27PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/14/12 6:24:03PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Bisping, we know you need to convince people youre a contender with words because noone is convinced by your actual fights. Noone will remember you as anything more than the first UK star in MMA......

I hope you fight Weidman.......

Post #5   9/14/12 7:00:46PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i think bisping could make a really tough fight for weidman. you cant deny that bisping has incredible takedown defense for not only a British fighter but for most anybody. look what happened with chaels takedowns. i think it would turn into a standup fight which will be a tough one for weidman.

Post #6   9/14/12 7:21:21PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I love it

SECOND best sounds bites in MMA.

Last edited 9/14/12 7:40PM server time by chael_sonnen

Post #7   9/14/12 7:39:35PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Munoz is fat?

ok...

Anyway, Weidman will crush Bisping. If Jason Miller could take him down and beat him up for a round, Weidman is going to absolutely murder him.

Post #8   9/14/12 8:49:48PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Anyway, Weidman will crush Bisping. If Jason Miller could take him down and beat him up for a round, Weidman is going to absolutely murder him.

what about the Sonnen fight?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   9/14/12 9:09:36PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Aether

what about the Sonnen fight?

Sonnen said in the post fight press conference that he didn't remember the first two rounds because Bisping hit him with something. He took and held him down easily in the third. Bisping's TD defence is not bad, but Weidman will put Bisping wherever he wants him IMO.

This isn't the conference, but he also mentions that he doesn't know what happened because he got hit in this interview.
Sonnen Post Fight

Last edited 9/14/12 11:35PM server time by Aether

Post #10   9/14/12 11:30:55PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
well that can kinda put tou rest Bisping's pillow fists

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   9/14/12 11:45:17PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:522-387
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
Bisping definitely makes a lot of noise, but all this talk about him being an easy fight for anybody is insane. The guy has legitimately lost one fight. The Sonnen fight was shocking to many fans who thought Bisping had won, The Wanderlei fight was controversial, and he has a split decision loss to Rashad Evans. All pretty solid fighters there. The guy has 16 UFC fights and has had one bad performance in those 16 fights. Weidman is incredibly promising and I would love to see a Weidman/Bisping fight but it is a huge assumption to think Weidman would run through Bisping.

Post #12   9/15/12 12:07:59AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,466-874
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

Weidman submits Bisping 1st round

I disagree.

I think the fight would be competitive.

Weidman is a beast, but Bisping's skill on the ground are underrated, imo

Post #13   9/15/12 1:47:50AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Bisping is just trying to keep himself relevant and in the discussion.

There are a lot of guys vying for a shot at the MW title and Bisping doesn't want his name left out. I can' t blame him. Anyone who likes Chael Sonnen definitely shouldn't be hating on him for this.

I would end up picking Weidman if this fight happened, but I have no reason to think it would be a one sided fight.

Bisping had a really close fight against Chael. Many people thought he won. I don't think Weidman has better wrestling than Chael.

If Bisping could keep the fight standing for a majority of the time, he might be able to outpoint Weidman for a UD.

Post #14   9/15/12 2:29:20AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Bisping is just trying to keep himself relevant and in the discussion.

There are a lot of guys vying for a shot at the MW title and Bisping doesn't want his name left out. I can' t blame him. Anyone who likes Chael Sonnen definitely shouldn't be hating on him for this.

I would end up picking Weidman if this fight happened, but I have no reason to think it would be a one sided fight.

Bisping had a really close fight against Chael. Many people thought he won. I don't think Weidman has better wrestling than Chael.

If Bisping could keep the fight standing for a majority of the time, he might be able to outpoint Weidman for a UD.

This all day. If Bisping sits back for a week or 2 people seem to forget where he is in the division.

Belchers in the news, Okami's in the news, Sonnen is the news and Weidman and Boetsch have a lot of people talking about them. If Bisping says nothing he'll be forgotten about very quickly especially coming off of a loss. He needs to get himself back in the public mind and with a fight with Stann coming up, expect more media attention in the upcoming weeks because he'll be getting a lot more interviews with the press

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #15   9/15/12 3:43:00AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2