Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rebney explains contract matching in wake of Tyson Nam ordeal

Print  
Is Rebney having a cry?
Yes 5 63%
No 3 38%
Leave Rebney alone! 0 0%
Posted By Message

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
~LINK~

Bellator chief Bjorn Rebney said his promotion was trying to give Tyson Nam an opportunity when it greenlighted a fight with bantamweight champ Eduardo Dantas – despite having released the fighter two months prior.

Now that Nam has capitalized on that opportunity, Rebney said, Bellator wants its own opportunity to match other offers the fighter has received since his stunning KO of Dantas.

"If you have an agreement with someone, and ultimately you give them a great opportunity … when that agreement is over, you have the right to match,"

~LINK~

- You gonna cry Bjorn? Do I see a little bit of moisture forming in the corner of your eye?

Post #1   9/13/12 10:51:34PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:530-390
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
I don't blame Rebney at all but he has to give Nam an immediate title shot for this to be logical at all. Dantas got put to sleep. It's a risk promoters take. Most comparable situation I can think of is when Chuck got Ko'd by Rampage like what...8 years ago??? Man I'm getting old :)

Last edited 9/14/12 1:06PM server time by jlock003
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   9/14/12 3:49:49AM