Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rumor: Wanderlei Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen Possible For UFC 153 Main Event

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I think Wandy would have a legit chance.

Chael would be a at a massive disadvantage standing and I can't ever remember Wanderlei being badly out wrestled before.

looking at his record, Arona is probably the last pure grappler he fought: Franklin, Le, Leben, Bisping, Rampage, Jardine, Liddell, Hendo, Cro Cop, Fujita, Arona.

and that was almost 7 years ago

Last edited 9/12/12 9:07PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   9/12/12 9:07:28PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by bjj1605

Chael would be a at a massive disadvantage standing and I can't ever remember Wanderlei being badly out wrestled before.

looking at his record, Arona is probably the last pure grappler he fought: Franklin, Le, Leben, Bisping, Rampage, Jardine, Liddell, Hendo, Cro Cop, Fujita, Arona.

True.

He got beat by Arona once and then came back and won.

The only other time he got out grappled was against Tito like over a decade ago. My point is that he's got decent grappling himself and he has shown good takedown defense. Don't forget that Rampage hadn't abandoned his wrestling yet when they fought in Pride.

Post #17   9/12/12 10:20:35PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by bjj1605

True.

The only other time he got out grappled was against Tito like over a decade ago. My point is that he's got decent grappling himself and he has shown good takedown defense. Don't forget that Rampage hadn't abandoned his wrestling yet when they fought in Pride.

Physicality is going to mean a lot with grappling, just ask fedor.

Post #18   9/12/12 10:23:17PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,828-1,619
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by bjj1605

True.

Sonnen's on a different level when it comes to shooting for the takedown. Imo Wandy has never faced someone with the ability to pressure for a takedown like Sonnen does. I find it very hard to believe Wandy can win this fight I hate to say it.

Post #19   9/12/12 11:14:25PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Im sure Jones was the reason this fight didnt happen.

Post #20   9/13/12 9:54:46AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Im sure Jones was the reason this fight didnt happen.

JK

Last edited 9/13/12 10:09AM server time by ghandikush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   9/13/12 10:08:57AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,466-874
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Just popped in to say WAR WANDERLEI !

Post #22   9/13/12 12:14:12PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by bjj1605

True.

Sonnen's on a different level when it comes to shooting for the takedown. Imo Wandy has never faced someone with the ability to pressure for a takedown like Sonnen does. I find it very hard to believe Wandy can win this fight I hate to say it.

I think the idea he has not fought a wrestler like sonnen makes it intersting. How cool would it be if Sonnen couldn't get him down and was forced to strike!

Post #23   9/13/12 12:46:17PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,828-1,619
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by bjj1605

True.

I think the idea he has not fought a wrestler like sonnen makes it intersting. How cool would it be if Sonnen couldn't get him down and was forced to strike!

It would be unbelievably cool tbh. I'm a fan of both guys but I'd be rooting for Wandy without question.

Post #24   9/13/12 10:32:42PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,237-808
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by bjj1605

True.

It would feel like when Maynard stuffed guidas takedown and slapped on that guillotine after letting him hit him In the face

PUMPED:D

Post #25   9/13/12 10:49:13PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2