Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

GSP Stops Talks Of Anderson Silva Superfight, Wants To Conquer Welterweight Division First

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,205-723
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Grimus

Haha what a Pussy gsp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's afraid of getting serra'd again . Man up already lol

Bash Much

This

Dirty Blue

Post #16   9/10/12 4:31:17PM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,824-954
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
GSP is talking sense here. He comes off an injury, and after one fight back the brass want to put him up against Silva? Seems like the best time for Anderson and the worst time for GSP. People complain that GSP is gonna wait it out til Anderson is vulnerable? Hell that's what's going on right now the other way round.

Post #17   9/10/12 4:37:55PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Grimus

Haha what a Pussy gsp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's afraid of getting serra'd again . Man up already lol

Bash Much

This

We should take it easy on Grimus....he's still "Learning to Sprawl"

Post #18   9/10/12 4:45:20PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,104-641
Chips:

Posted by Aether

The timing of this was ridiculous anyway. All of the sudden after GSP has been injured for a year and a half Anderson wants to fight him? Really convenient timing there. Anderson should be defending his belt, not waiting on the sidelines for an injured welterweight. It's stupid.

I agree with all of this, but how about Silva basically saying he's waiting for a super fight with GSP at the moment? Silva put it out there to begin with a few weeks ago, and Dana never denied it, yet GSP doesn't seem to be even remotely on board with this idea? Doesn't that seem a bit off? Unless I'm missing something, which could very well be true.Imo GSP is saying that even if he beats Condit, he has more to do at WW, which would take over a year.

Post #19   9/10/12 5:01:18PM   

Grimus

Learning to Sprawl

Grimus Avatar

Career:578-353
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by jjeans

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Grimus

Bash Much

This

sorry im a grown man who doesnt spend all there time on this site pretending im an mma expert and what i say is law HAHAHHAA u guys are pussys that need to grow up LOL experts u guys are losers

Post #20   9/10/12 5:13:15PM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by jjeans

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Grimus

Bash Much

This

But I wanna take him down with a single leg, mount him take his back, rip a horse shoe out his arse and beat him over the head with it

Dirty Blue

Post #21   9/10/12 5:18:40PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Grimus

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by jjeans

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Grimus

Bash Much

This

sorry im a grown man who doesnt spend all there time on this site pretending im an mma expert and what i say is law HAHAHHAA u guys are pussys that need to grow up LOL experts u guys are losers

Aw......the keyboard warrior.....always the toughest dude around.....keep acting like you know us bro

Post #22   9/10/12 5:20:35PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Grimus

*their
*i'm
*you
*pussies

Post #23   9/10/12 5:24:37PM   

Grimus

Learning to Sprawl

Grimus Avatar

Career:578-353
Chips:
keyboard warrior for typing an opion on an open forum ??? hahhaha or u just being a lil sensitive for the comments ive made about a fighter? calling gsp a pussy or stating i dont spend all my time acting like am mma expert like u is all opinion ahhah i dont wanna know u dude but sure i'll be a tough guy hahahhaha

Post #24   9/10/12 5:26:22PM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Grimus

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by jjeans

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Grimus

Bash Much

This

Hahahaha you make me laugh

Man we find a way to talk about fighters like there humans. The PG attempts to be respectful to all fighters at the end of the day they go in there to fight. Also who's a pussy? GSP or you? A guy who's fought the best fighters in the world or you? The current Welterweight Champion or you?

Let's not even talk about GSP. I don't think your anything special? Have you ever competed in Pro MMA, I highly doubt it. Who's a pussy? You or a guy who's job it is to go in there risk there life and well being for there family. Now who looks like a pussy? Your place of work probably has health and safety checks, you can sue them if they damage your health, the works.

If you wanna bash some fighters go to sherdog or 99% of mma sites. If you want some intelligent debates stay on the PG.

Dirty Blue

Post #25   9/10/12 5:33:47PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Grimus

keyboard warrior for typing an opion on an open forum ??? hahhaha or u just being a lil sensitive for the comments ive made about a fighter? calling gsp a pussy or stating i dont spend all my time acting like am mma expert like u is all opinion ahhah i dont wanna know u dude but sure i'll be a tough guy hahahhaha

Your opinion is completely fine man, that part is cool and appreciated but the fighter Bashing is not. We have all been warned at one time or another. I brought it to your attention and if you don't like it, again, that's fine. You can talk as much shit you want man....I don't give a fuck. Guys like you are a dime a dozen but the guys who show intellect and can do it without calling dudes pussies are the guys that get my respect

Last edited 9/10/12 5:35PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #26   9/10/12 5:34:18PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,413-1,434
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
GSP knows not too look past Condit and is showing that he's focused here and he's going to need to be as Condit has the tools and been more active lately and could pull off the upset.

Post #27   9/10/12 6:07:22PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Completely agree with GSP. He's perfect at 170 for a number of reasons.

The WW division is interesting enough now for him to stay in there. I'd like to see him fight Condit, Diaz, Hendricks, and (even though they've sworn against it) MacDonald. That's at least a year's worth of quality MMA, likely longer due to the infrequency of title bouts and definitely longer if GSP loses any one of those.

Plus, Anderson Silva is a terrible matchup for GSP. I have this sick feeling that he'd get kneed in the face while shooting for a takedown or firing his lunging jab, and there's no one better than Anderson at finishing a wounded opponent. Anderson's coming off a clear win against one of the best MMA wrestlers who's actually going up in weight, and I'm confident he wouldn't come into the GSP fight injured or under-prepared.

Meanwhile, GSP has an excellent frame for 170. He's tall enough to be comparable to most, but not so tall that his center of gravity would affect his wrestling. He's as quick as most, as strong as most, and his cardio is always top. He's where he needs to be.

Post #28   9/10/12 6:35:57PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Good to see some focus but remember GSP has ALWAYS been the one stopping the fight from happening since back when his top contenders were Dan Hardy and Jake Shields......

I don't seem to recall Anderson wanting to fight Evans or Rampage when his top contenders were Patrick Cote and Thales Leites.....

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #29   9/10/12 6:54:27PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Aether

The timing of this was ridiculous anyway. All of the sudden after GSP has been injured for a year and a half Anderson wants to fight him? Really convenient timing there. Anderson should be defending his belt, not waiting on the sidelines for an injured welterweight. It's stupid.

I agree with all of this, but how about Silva basically saying he's waiting for a super fight with GSP at the moment? Silva put it out there to begin with a few weeks ago, and Dana never denied it, yet GSP doesn't seem to be even remotely on board with this idea? Doesn't that seem a bit off? Unless I'm missing something, which could very well be true.Imo GSP is saying that even if he beats Condit, he has more to do at WW, which would take over a year.

the timing of Silva's comments is the problem here. Why not call him out after the Shields fight instead of signing to fight Okami when GSP was still in one piece? Put yourself in GSP's shoes...you are recovering from a blown ACL and you are getting ready for your first fight in like 18 months. Where should your focus be? Why would you accept a superfight with the p4p best fighter (today) when you have no idea how your knee will hold up. Not to mention new contenders have surfaced that werent there last year at this time, whereas Silva had Belfort and Sonnen II as contenders.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #30   9/10/12 7:02:03PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3