Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tito Ortiz Isn’t Retired, He’s Just Graduated From Fighting

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,018-1,645
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
A lot of people were taken aback recently when Cris “Cyborg” Santos’ manager said that he believed a Cyborg vs. Ronda Rousey bout would eventually take place, just not at 135 pounds.

It wasn’t so much the rhetoric about the fight, but more so who it was saying those words. And that would be Tito Ortiz, who now claims Cyborg among his charges under his new management company, Primetime 360...

Full Story

Post #1   9/10/12 7:38:14AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,018-1,645
Chips:
Looks like we'll never get silence from this man

Post #2   9/10/12 7:39:20AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Tito's new clients are Cris Cyborg and Rob Emerson. What a star studded client list

He should have called his company Primetime 180

Post #3   9/10/12 7:50:55AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Most graduations occur after some level of success within
the last 6 years.

Last edited 9/10/12 10:45AM server time by ghandikush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/10/12 9:08:47AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 41-51

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,672-1,044
Chips:
Let's hope he's better at managing then conducting post fight interviews

Post #5   9/10/12 10:07:57AM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
he will be quite good at this imo he knows the buisness and has matured alot latley hes got ins with the ufc and isnt afraid of the zuffa machine either

Post #6   9/10/12 11:43:39AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:947-534
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Most graduations occur after some level of success within
the last 6 years.

Or falls under the "No Child Left behind Act"

Post #7   9/10/12 11:54:30AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
No one said he was retired from life, he's retired from fighting.

Post #8   9/10/12 11:56:27AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,247-738
Chips:
"Tito Ortiz Isn’t Retired, He’s Just Graduated From Fighting" - that's not news... He said that quote at the end of Joe Rogans podcast back at the end of August...

Dirty Blue

Post #9   9/10/12 12:35:24PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,040-1,733
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Just in case anyone hasn't seen THIS already. Pure gold.

Post #10   9/10/12 1:12:12PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,400-1,329
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

...oh God...i couldn't make it through that. I was cringing.

Post #11   9/10/12 2:13:58PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
I forgot how god awful his commentating was for Affliction. I miss those hemorrhaging days....

Anyway heres tuf 3 for further luls..... TUF 3 lives eternal

Post #12   9/10/12 3:06:28PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Posted by Budgellism

...oh God...i couldn't make it through that. I was cringing.

The "pucker lips" and "head twitch" got me through it

My dislike my Tito doesn't hurt either

Post #13   9/10/12 3:07:14PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

I forgot how god awful his commentating was for Affliction. I miss those hemorrhaging days....

Anyway heres tuf 3 for further luls..... TUF 3 lives eternal

Lol, so many funny things about that video. Skinny Dana sticks out instantly too.

Post #14   9/10/12 3:16:02PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by shaneTpain

Man his english skills go out the window when the camera is rolling.
I shouldn't laugh, I feel like I'm laughing at a retarded kid when I laugh at Tito.

Heres some stupid shit he says....

Sobral/Sokoudjou

"Here we are with Seraldo Babalu, you did an awesome job, saw why you’re a black belt in jiu-jitsu, getting an awesome submission there, I want to tell me what you see, let’s go ahead and see by the fight, what you saw, in the ring."

"You showed the dominance by getting the takedown and looking for a choke in that position. We know the weakness that you had, but you actually showed the heart and determination of a champion of how tough of a light heavyweight you really are, here in the Affliction card. What do you think of the future of you, um, future opponents?"

"Yes, and uh, my back will be better in about three months, so I know all the fans would love to see me and you get it on. You know what, you’re an awesome fighter, congratulations tonight. Everybody lets give a hand to Renato Babalu, one of the greatest light heavyweights, of the night."

Belfort/Lindland

"Matt the Lindland Law…The Law Lindland."

"Well, Belfort, we saw you with an astonishing left hand, that’s the left hand that I used to see you knock people out time and time again, we’re gonna go ahead and go over it. Walk me through it, show me exactly what you seen with this."

"Well, like I said, you show your hand-speed time and time again Vitor, 185 pounds, lady and gentlemen, let’s give Vitor Belfort a round of applause, an awesome 105 pounder, you just beat the number two guy in the world, buddy, you’re on top of the world tonight!"

"Wow! That’s all I got to say. Vitor at 185 pounds. I don’t know. I see him beating the, uh, what was it, Anderson Silva. I see him picking him apart because you have two great boxers, and, man, that was amazing. That was the old Vitor Belfort that we all want to see. Him at 131 years old. He’s back for vengeance."

Barnett/Yvel

"Well, here we go, we, here we go we got Josh Barnett, with a dominating fashion. Buddy, he said he wanted to stand up with you. You said you wanted to stand up with him. All the gameplans get thrown out and you shown the dominant heavyweight that you are. He wasn’t getting away from you. Walk me through the fight."

"Well, alright, we’re gonna go ahead show some some action from around one right here. I want you to walk me through and how do you feel as you went through this stuff?"

"Well you should have your head high tonight, you did an awesome job, entertained every one of these fans. You did a great job, I’m proud of you buddy. Keep it up, let’s see the winner tonight, you’ll be next in line."

"Well, you showed what type of champion you really are. Everybody lets give a hand to Josh Barnett, the baby-faced assassin, continuing his win career. Good job Josh! We’ll go back to you Sean."

Fedor/Arlovski

"July 4th has come early."

"I’m gonna have my interpreter here for Fedor Emelianenko. Everybody had questions on what type of heavyweight you were. You’ve showed it once on Tim Sylvia in 38 seconds. You’ve done it again against Andrei Arlovski in 3 minutes and 34 seconds. Let me tell you how you feelin right now."

"Well there’s always been question from other promotions saying that you weren’t the best heavyweight in the world. Well, tonight, buddy, you’ve answered those questions. You tooken out two of the former UFC heavyweight champions and you are the best heavyweight… in my eyes and I believe every one of these guys’ eyes around the world… of tonight…"

"Well, we got to see, actually, Josh Barnett in the last fight, win in a decision. It looks like you two are going to be heading off and another chance for you to defend your heavyweight title. What do you think as Josh as your next opponent?"

"Well the millions that are watching at home and the fifteen thousand and more in audience tonight, ladies and gentlemen, the pound for pound best heavyweight in the world today, Fedor Emelianenko, the last emperor, congratulations buddy."

A couple of funny quotes from Tim Sylvia too

“90 percent of the game is half mental”

“Im the oldest I’ve ever been, right now”

EDIT: and I just found this great one about Tito from Tank Abbott:

"His forehead is so big he can smoke a cigarette in the rain"

Last edited 9/10/12 7:46PM server time by infestructure
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   9/10/12 7:43:21PM