Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Paul Heyman backs Brock Lesnar as UFC Hall of Famer, doubts return to octagon

Print  
Do you think Brock Lesnar should be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?
Yes 19 37%
No 32 63%
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by bjj1605

No, bro...it's a damn lie based on strange and distorted MMA math. Brock is 5-3 and the reason he retired is because he didn't want to end up going 5-10. He realized that he can't hang with the top guys and that it wouldn't make any sense (financially or career-wise) for him to go back to fighting lower level guys.

Yeah, his disease wasn't a factor in it at all.....

He only lost a bunch of feet of his innards after months of serious illness

ANyway I'm sure he was the same old Brocky afterward.....

Post #46   9/10/12 12:53:42PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:647-349
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by aussiemma

Not so much for his fighting ability, but just because of his physique and image. At the time he was around he really brought the hw division to the forefront and also brought the ufc many many more fans.

The guy won the title after 4 total mma fights and defended it twice, that has got to count for something.

What the fuck? please name 10 other heavyweights in the last 5 years who beat that level of competition.

Does this mean if someone comes in and beats half the top ten of the flyweight division and gets 2 title defenses but also loses his title and ends up 6-3 we're gonna tell the guy, well youve done more than anyone else in so and so time period, you were seen as the number 1 in your division, you were feared, you had the toughest S.O.S of any fighter in that division, but because you had a couple losses in the end you suck go home..

I mean goddamn people are fickle. I dont even think numbers mean anything for HOF I just remember a scary champion who fought noone but the best and in the end of his era the other heavyweights were better.

Then again I believe 5 time defending Tim Sylvia belongs in the HOF and this guy beat virtually noone. Best of the rest though, he's the Rocky Marciano.

im saying put him in the HOF you idiot.

Post #47   9/10/12 8:07:05PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:647-349
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by aussiemma

Not so much for his fighting ability, but just because of his physique and image. At the time he was around he really brought the hw division to the forefront and also brought the ufc many many more fans.

The guy won the title after 4 total mma fights and defended it twice, that has got to count for something.

What the fuck? please name 10 other heavyweights in the last 5 years who beat that level of competition.

Does this mean if someone comes in and beats half the top ten of the flyweight division and gets 2 title defenses but also loses his title and ends up 6-3 we're gonna tell the guy, well youve done more than anyone else in so and so time period, you were seen as the number 1 in your division, you were feared, you had the toughest S.O.S of any fighter in that division, but because you had a couple losses in the end you suck go home..

I mean goddamn people are fickle. I dont even think numbers mean anything for HOF I just remember a scary champion who fought noone but the best and in the end of his era the other heavyweights were better.

Then again I believe 5 time defending Tim Sylvia belongs in the HOF and this guy beat virtually noone. Best of the rest though, he's the Rocky Marciano.

im propping lesnar for the HOF you idiot.

Last edited 9/10/12 8:13PM server time by aussiemma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #48   9/10/12 8:10:56PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by aussiemma

im propping lesnar for the HOF you idiot.

I meant to click downunders post to quote, dick?

Post #49   9/11/12 4:27:59PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4