Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Paul Heyman backs Brock Lesnar as UFC Hall of Famer, doubts return to octagon

Print  
Do you think Brock Lesnar should be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?
Yes 19 37%
No 32 63%
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,512-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

He beat Couture firstly, secondly he's done more than Big Nog in the UFC but you hardcore fanboys probably want Big Nog to be UFC HOF correct?

He beat an old Couture who was outweighed by about 50lbs....and its not like he dominated him. He was having an even fight with Couture until he landed a big punch. That can happen to anyone at HW and it hardly convinces me that Brock is HoF material. He is 4-3 in the UFC. FOUR and THREE. How can anyone think that is HoF worthy??

Also, I don't think Nog has earned induction into the UFC HoF based on his UFC career.

I think we could debate whether or not his Pride career deserves it. He definitely has done more in the sport than Brock has. Just not more in the UFC. But since Zuffa acquired the UFC, the decision is up to them whether or not Pride fighters are eligible. If they are, then yes, Nog deserves in.

Post #31   9/9/12 10:15:46PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by ghandikush

He beat Couture firstly, secondly he's done more than Big Nog in the UFC but you hardcore fanboys probably want Big Nog to be UFC HOF correct?

He beat an old Couture who was outweighed by about 50lbs....and its not like he dominated him. He was having an even fight with Couture until he landed a big punch. That can happen to anyone at HW and it hardly convinces me that Brock is HoF material. He is 4-3 in the UFC. FOUR and THREE. How can anyone think that is HoF worthy??

I think 4-3 is a far more worthy record when you consider he never beat anyone who wasnt top 3 at some point in their career. Randy was number twon in the world when brock beat him, Mir was top 10 both times, Carwin was number 2 or 3, Herring was definitely competant, and favored at that. Who Did Lesnar lose to? Cain Mir and Reem? He had a great UFC career, but youre right, if he had come up slower against 5 cans and a gatekeeper first, he would have been 10-3, thats a way better looking record and therefore more HOF worthy.

Post #32   9/9/12 11:14:44PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

I think 4-3 is a far more worthy record when you consider he never beat anyone who wasnt top 3 at some point in their career. Randy was number twon in the world when brock beat him, Mir was top 10 both times, Carwin was number 2 or 3, Herring was definitely competant, and favored at that. Who Did Lesnar lose to? Cain Mir and Reem? He had a great UFC career, but youre right, if he had come up slower against 5 cans and a gatekeeper first, he would have been 4-9 , thats a way better looking record and therefore more HOF worthy.

fixed

Last edited 9/9/12 11:19PM server time by infestructure
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #33   9/9/12 11:18:11PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,025-548
Chips:
Hmmmmmm.....

Brock Lesnar's PPV Buyrates:
800,000 +
1,600,000 +
1,160,000 +
1,050,000 +
1,010,000 = 5,620,000

5,620,000 x $55 = $309,100,000

I don't care if he lost every fight he was in, those are Hall of Fame numbers.

"Men lie, women lie, numbers don't." - Jay-Z

Post #34   9/9/12 11:36:57PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,512-891
Chips:

Posted by Michael_Corleone

Hmmmmmm.....

800,000 +
1,600,000 +
1,160,000 +
1,050,000 +
1,010,000 = 5,620,000

How does getting pay per view buys translate to a hall of fame induction???

I bet if you put Snookie in the Octagon, people would tune in.

Post #35   9/10/12 12:29:50AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

I think your misguided bro! Everyone that hates on Brock is a douche too! he was cheated in his first Mir fight so that loss doesn't even count to me. We all know Allistar was hopped up on PED's with a 12 to 1 ratio and his urine had to be flown from Holland or where the fuck ever......that bout should have been a no contest......we all know that!!! we all know Allister cheated even the ufc still they won't reverse the decision to a no contest!! his only real loss came from Cain and he Couldn't defend his title for 13 months after that fight after only one round with Brock and he lost to Dos Santos even quicker. Brock is a destroyer!!!
He submitted Shane Carwinin who went the full three with Dos Santos.
his real record in God's eye is 6 and 1 with 1 no contest and that's the dam truth.
UFC hall of famer winning the championship in 4 pro fights hell yes!!! defending it a record two times hell yes!!!
will he return.....from nothing he came.....and from nothing he will return......may you shit your pants and eat your words when Brock comes back!!
also Allistar bled more in his victory over Brock more than he had in six years and that was with a jab bro. and the foot that knocked brock out was fucked up ttoo after the fight so hahaha!!

I have been punching myself in the genitals for 5 minutes trying to forget about how bad this post was. I want to dissect it, part by part but I'm afraid if I read this nonsense again, a small part of my soul will die.

Post #36   9/10/12 2:11:48AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Michael_Corleone

Hmmmmmm.....

800,000 +
1,600,000 +
1,160,000 +
1,050,000 +
1,010,000 = 5,620,000

How does getting pay per view buys translate to a hall of fame induction???

I bet if you put Snookie in the Octagon, people would tune in.

Actually thats more sad than funny

Post #37   9/10/12 3:16:16AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,996-1,112
Chips:
i'm completely shocked that here on the playground 16 people actually think brock swizzle deserves to be in the HOF... mind boggling

Post #38   9/10/12 6:48:07AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:665-362
Chips:
Not so much for his fighting ability, but just because of his physique and image. At the time he was around he really brought the hw division to the forefront and also brought the ufc many many more fans.

The guy won the title after 4 total mma fights and defended it twice, that has got to count for something.

Post #39   9/10/12 6:58:38AM   

landstander

MMA Regular

landstander Avatar

Career:51-32
Chips:
I don't see any reason to keep him out. He made a huge impact when he arrived, got the title then had some health problems with diverticulitis. The man that returned was not what he was before but still had drawing power.

The HOF is different things to different people. If it was up to me there would be a lot more fighters in there.

From the looks of things it seems to be more of a Zuffa HOF than a UFC HOF in that it doesn't matter what you accomplished in the cage, if you didn't look out for zuffa you can't get in.

Post #40   9/10/12 7:30:23AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,023-594
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Coolhand37
will he return.....from nothing he came.....and from nothing he will return......may you shit your pants and eat your words when Brock comes back!!

and the foot that knocked brock out was fucked up ttoo after the fight so hahaha!!

I have been punching myself in the genitals for 5 minutes trying to forget about how bad this post was. I want to dissect it, part by part but I'm afraid if I read this nonsense again, a small part of my soul will die.

Idk, I dissected those parts and they're comedic gold! I'm having a hard time keeping my laughs muffled it's so good. I like this guy, I hope he sticks around...him and teh smasher would make my day if they argued about something trivial...kind of like this topic. I think prophecy said it first and right to the point. So the short answer is no, he should not be in the HoF.

Last edited 9/10/12 9:18AM server time by airkerma
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #41   9/10/12 9:17:37AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Not so much for his fighting ability, but just because of his physique and image. At the time he was around he really brought the hw division to the forefront and also brought the ufc many many more fans.

The guy won the title after 4 total mma fights and defended it twice, that has got to count for something.

What the fuck? please name 10 other heavyweights in the last 5 years who beat that level of competition.

Does this mean if someone comes in and beats half the top ten of the flyweight division and gets 2 title defenses but also loses his title and ends up 6-3 we're gonna tell the guy, well youve done more than anyone else in so and so time period, you were seen as the number 1 in your division, you were feared, you had the toughest S.O.S of any fighter in that division, but because you had a couple losses in the end you suck go home..

I mean goddamn people are fickle. I dont even think numbers mean anything for HOF I just remember a scary champion who fought noone but the best and in the end of his era the other heavyweights were better.

Then again I believe 5 time defending Tim Sylvia belongs in the HOF and this guy beat virtually noone. Best of the rest though, he's the Rocky Marciano.

Post #42   9/10/12 9:20:58AM   

Coolhand37

MMA Regular

Coolhand37 Avatar

Career:1,330-1,376
Camp: Brazilian Beatdown
Chips:
wasnt trying to be mean sorry. I actualy appreciate your article. very informative. but i am sorry if u dont agree with the 6-1-1 u know darn well that allistar was busted on juice and was on them against brock, u also know that if mazzagatti the fucking loser ref from hell whos made some of the worst calls ever wouldnt have gotten brock off of mir it was over, brock never hit mir behind the head not one time.
i also hate to burst your bubble on Fedor legend being over but bigfoot silva has failed ped tests twice and has giganticism disease. the stoppage against fedor was BS, also Dan Henderson had a prescription for PED's and against Fedor his testorone levels were too high on his test but his prescription made it ok. Fedor doesnt have to cheat to be great.
MMA fighter's having prescriptions for ped's is really cheating and fighter's that win on ped'sshould hve their records stricken.
Chael uses them ,Dan, evander hoyfield , so many others, all these guys cheat because they are such girly men their nuts don't work anymore.
Brock shouldn't be in the hall of fame though he doesn't give his all, but the little he gives is more than most so its hard to say
Any way thanks for listening to my rambles!
God Bless
Coolhand 37

Post #43   9/10/12 9:59:17AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Man, some people just have different ideas about what is worthy of a spot in a Hall of Fame.

It isn't the "Hall of pretty impressive people."

Post #44   9/10/12 11:25:52AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:891-507
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

No, bro...it's a damn lie based on strange and distorted MMA math. Brock is 5-3 and the reason he retired is because he didn't want to end up going 5-10. He realized that he can't hang with the top guys and that it wouldn't make any sense (financially or career-wise) for him to go back to fighting lower level guys.

Yeah, his disease wasn't a factor in it at all.....

Post #45   9/10/12 11:51:44AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4